Sivir VS Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
@QUICK: Big fan of your Sivir knowledge, just wondering though.
Glad I could be of service.

Quote:
1. I seem to face Vlad in mid a few times, I don't play Sivir that much (it's ranked.. come on, lol.) but I believe I have a 100% win rate with her in solo queue ranked (granted of course.. 3-5 games at best) and 2 of those games have been against Vlad in mid. I feel my best best is to simply aim my BB so that it hits a few minions and Vlad once, maybe twice so he'll back up. Early levels this isn't a problem since Q is on such a low cooldown and if he goes up to last hit minions I'll harass him to hell. I got the first kill in mid against him, but then I mistimed my Spell Shield for his Hemoplague (Imo, it should be so that it can block the secondary damage instead of the first :/) and died.
No accounting for bad players. Fact is his Q outranges you. If you were winning the harass war it was because the vlad was bad. Not knocking your abilities, but all else being equal Vlad will beat Sivir every time.

Quote:
2. What, in your opinion would be needed to make Sivir viable again? I still enjoy playing her A LOT and would love to be able to play her more.
Thats a really tough question. If were talking solo queue she would need a lot.

For premades all she needs is a buff to her attack range and rebuff her ult to its old MS (one of her better tactics used to be to use the ult to transfer between the first and second tower with your minion wave and get them both before enemies could react).

Solo queue both of the above would help a lot but to be an effective mid these days I think she would need both the above buffs AND has SS cooldown HALVED or the mana it restores doubled.

That or have the heal put back on Rally. It was a HUGE part of her laning and was often what got you FB.

Shes fun, thats for surwe, but you guys will notice once you get a little higher then shes a little UP and (more importantly) you can get better output for her role from other champions.

VoiceofTreason

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Doesnt work.

Sivir doesnt have the tools to deal with vlad in mid. Both is autoattack and his lifesteal outrange your attack range. Ricochet does such pitiful damage on the odd time it hits the enemy champ that vlad wont even notice it.

BB could work but that relies more on the vlad being bad then anything else. If hes only hit by BB in one direction he will easily heal the damage.

Unfortunately your best bet is switch lanes or have someone gank every 2 minutes.

That or switch it up and take a 2v1 lane and for vlad into a 2v1 as well. Sivir can dso quite well in a 2v1 but vlads lifesteal cant deal with 2 champs well and he cant push back against 2 champs.
I like playing vlad in a 1v2. I have outfarmed some good champs in my lane since there are a ton of ww and xins out there lately. Off the top of my head a taric/olaf, annie/shaco, soraka/rammus, and a sion/teemo; I didnt have problems with any of them and actually got kills on the ones that want to trade shots with me in harassment (ie the annie, olaf, and sion). A Q+Pool is better than taunts for catching divers in turret fire.

I go spirit visage early after first getting a red crystal then warmongs and then I usually am doing good enough for a mejais. Any aoe champs (karth/veigar/sivir/kat are a breeze for me at lvl 6 and I run with cleanse for stunners. Besides that point I agree with Sivir being pretty bad with Vlad and also most everything besides dragon/baron domination with an maldreds/as champ.

See my livestream example.

Leirkov

08-12-2010

Quote:
Glad I could be of service.

No accounting for bad players. Fact is his Q outranges you. If you were winning the harass war it was because the vlad was bad. Not knocking your abilities, but all else being equal Vlad will beat Sivir every time.

Thats a really tough question. If were talking solo queue she would need a lot.

For premades all she needs is a buff to her attack range and rebuff her ult to its old MS (one of her better tactics used to be to use the ult to transfer between the first and second tower with your minion wave and get them both before enemies could react).

Solo queue both of the above would help a lot but to be an effective mid these days I think she would need both the above buffs AND has SS cooldown HALVED or the mana it restores doubled.

That or have the heal put back on Rally. It was a HUGE part of her laning and was often what got you FB.

Shes fun, thats for surwe, but you guys will notice once you get a little higher then shes a little UP and (more importantly) you can get better output for her role from other champions.
None taken. I'm not that bad of a player, but I'm ypically better than all the people in my ELO bracket (just barely above 1200, but I would put myself in 1400-1450 range). Is there any type of measure you could take for spell shield or would it be a blind guess?

I also take Rally/Teleport and get flamed for it all day, but once people see me melting towers, they never questioned me again. Haha.

Who would outclass her once you get to more competitive gameplay? I'm assuming there's better champions like Mordekaiser and Nasus since she's so **** squishy and her auto attack range is pretty much melee-suicidal.

Lyellin

08-12-2010

Quote:
I play mostly with 30's in normal, and even in normal, this is true. Can't imagine it being any better in ranked.

Slide

08-12-2010

@VoiceofTreason:

Im sure it can be done. A LOT of people dont know how to properly play a 2v1 and let the 1 get overleveled. All else being equal (everyone is quite good, no one does anything stupid) the lane will end with 0 kills on either side but vlad will lose his tower due to not enough push.

Sure anything can happen, but when theorycrafting we need to assume everyone is pro.

Quote:
None taken. I'm not that bad of a player, but I'm ypically better than all the people in my ELO bracket (just barely above 1200, but I would put myself in 1400-1450 range). Is there any type of measure you could take for spell shield or would it be a blind guess?

I also take Rally/Teleport and get flamed for it all day, but once people see me melting towers, they never questioned me again. Haha.

Who would outclass her once you get to more competitive gameplay? I'm assuming there's better champions like Mordekaiser and Nasus since she's so **** squishy and her auto attack range is pretty much melee-suicidal.
Everyone always thinks they know how to play your main better then you do. As long as it works for you, do it. Rally does work with Sivir very well. She has low damage and Rally can make all the difference when pushing towers or in team fights.

And yes as you surmised: Pushing, Mord. Aura, Nasus. Anyone who thinks Sivir does anything other then those 2 roles (well she does do suppport DPS Via ricochet but thats really less important then the other 2).

VoiceofTreason

08-12-2010

The problem with what your saying is that my tower gets push....it hasnt in any of the above cases. They die 1-2 times and leave me to farm and usually my team 4v5 thems somewhere while I take the tower. With the improved healing and regen if they stay in a lane you can spam lvl one E spells with vlad all day and never be under 75% hp...his E on its fourth stack does shtloads of damage to 4 targets, usually 3 minions and the melee enemy. I end up with over 200 minion kills regularly.

I know people get on here and talk **** a lot but check the video and others on my channel, I don't get pushed.

Leirkov

08-12-2010

Mordekaiser definitely brings more to the table in a fight, but Sivir coupled with the right champions makes a great difference. I love playing Mord and essentially making a fight 6v4. I've seen good Nasus' destroy. He's one I always consider picking up but never have bothered to.

Oh well, I'm hoping Riot gives her a much needed buff, I'd love to play her more often as she is definitely a fun champion. I also apparently make people rage at me with nicely timed Spell Shields and BB nukes. xD