Sivir VS Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorrdcrash

08-12-2010

@Quickslide:

You say Sivir is not a good champ at the moment, do you have one you recommend for someone that has played sivir as their main champ that would be an easy switch?

Lyellin

08-12-2010

@quickslide

Of course - well deserved. You got me thinking about Sivir in a logical way, which has def helped my enjoyment of this game. Been playing her now for about 10 levels (I am 18 atm... still a baby)... in premades with friends, I tend to have pretty decent games (aura build, hover in the 8-4-10 range, or something like 3-3-20, which were both games from yesterday if I recall) but have found her to be basically worthless in pugs. Sadly, she needs some changes to fix that, I think.

I am thinking about looking at Nidalee and Kayle to play.. not really sure who I will fool around with besides Sivir, but I do need someone who can play in a PuG match.

Slide

08-12-2010

That really depends what it was about Sivir that attracted you.

For me it was the incredible pushing, lane control and farming that I liked. Because of that I now play Mordekaiser. He plays completely differently but serves the same utility as Sivir. With the right build you can mowe through minion waves and neutral camps without stopping at all.

People say he has a bad late game but I completely disagree. Any champion that can push that hard is never useless. Mord is one of the few champs (with the proper build) that can defend the 2 nexus turrets VS 3 super creep waves (not indefinitely but certainly the 5 minutes till the inhibs respawn).

In any case I would give him a try. Requires a COMPLETELY different runebook, but hes the first champ after Sivir that really spoke to me in the same way.

In any case give him a shot. One nice thing is he absolutely RAPES vlad in mid. Never lost to a vlad in mid as mord. Its far too easy to keep your shield up and damage him at the same time. All he does in reply is heal off your shield, never actually damaging you. Add on to this that you push him right to the tower and its GG for vlad in mid. Of course with ignite and your ult, hes an easy kill and due to health stacking hes one of the best candidates for your ult (you get 25% of his health and he becomes an amazing tower tanker).

Mord is getting pretty popular these days so Im reticent to suggest him, but coming from Sivir I found him to be the best choice.

Lorrdcrash

08-12-2010

@Lyellin

Yeah, all I do are PuGs and lvl 14. I win a lot of games usually my kills are really low like your 3-3-20. I'll stick with her I think and maybe they will buff her up or something like give her a snare or something instead of purchasing the hammer.

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyellin View Post
@quickslide

Of course - well deserved. You got me thinking about Sivir in a logical way, which has def helped my enjoyment of this game. Been playing her now for about 10 levels (I am 18 atm... still a baby)... in premades with friends, I tend to have pretty decent games (aura build, hover in the 8-4-10 range, or something like 3-3-20, which were both games from yesterday if I recall) but have found her to be basically worthless in pugs. Sadly, she needs some changes to fix that, I think.

I am thinking about looking at Nidalee and Kayle to play.. not really sure who I will fool around with besides Sivir, but I do need someone who can play in a PuG match.
Agreed and to be honest, even then Id rather have a Nasus carrying the auras. Hes almost as strong at farming/pushing as Sivir is but I think his ult is more powerful for teamfights and he does have the best slow in the game.

Give nasus a shot. If you like being the aura carrier hes who I would go with.

Lyellin

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Agreed and to be honest, even then Id rather have a Nasus carrying the auras. Hes almost as strong at farming/pushing as Sivir is but I think his ult is more powerful for teamfights and he does have the best slow in the game.

Give nasus a shot. If you like being the aura carrier hes who I would go with.
Will check it out - I tend to be better with ranged that melee, which is a problem I am trying to fix. T

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrdcrash View Post
@Lyellin

Yeah, all I do are PuGs and lvl 14. I win a lot of games usually my kills are really low like your 3-3-20. I'll stick with her I think and maybe they will buff her up or something like give her a snare or something instead of purchasing the hammer.
Yes at the beginning levels of the game or at low rankings a good player can indeed use pushing power alone to win games.

The problem arises when you face teams who know how to defend properly as they will not let you push at the speed Sivir can reach, which is where her advantage comes from. In a premade you can still work it s your friends will protect you and group up with you.

Sivir, IMHO, is one of the worst champions for solo queing right now.

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyellin View Post
Will check it out - I tend to be better with ranged that melee, which is a problem I am trying to fix. T
Understandable. But Spirit Fire (his rather large AoE/Debuff) will solve that problem. It allows you to farm and gives you zone control (which allows you to farm without being harassed) and his natural lifesteal should keep you topped off.

He really is the best Aura Carrier right now.

EDIT: Just realized your low level. Not sure how he will work out. When I play him I grab meditation and mana regen runes. Spirit fire is heavy on mana but if you can keep casting it you can keep the enemy off the creep waves, farm up a lot of gold and even harass the enemies at the same time. Maybe an early chalice would solve the problem. Mind you, I found Sivir had the same problem so if you were ok with her, youll be fine with Nasus. BB and Spirit fire serve the same prupose and cost almost the same amount of mana. Its just WAY easier to use spirit fire.

Also, just to mention it, Nasus is also a very good 2v1 champion.

Also just wanted to saw, Sivirs range is so short shes BARELY within the "ranged" category if you ask me .

Leirkov

08-12-2010

@QUICK: Big fan of your Sivir knowledge, just wondering though.

1. I seem to face Vlad in mid a few times, I don't play Sivir that much (it's ranked.. come on, lol.) but I believe I have a 100% win rate with her in solo queue ranked (granted of course.. 3-5 games at best) and 2 of those games have been against Vlad in mid. I feel my best best is to simply aim my BB so that it hits a few minions and Vlad once, maybe twice so he'll back up. Early levels this isn't a problem since Q is on such a low cooldown and if he goes up to last hit minions I'll harass him to hell. I got the first kill in mid against him, but then I mistimed my Spell Shield for his Hemoplague (Imo, it should be so that it can block the secondary damage instead of the first :/) and died.

2. What, in your opinion would be needed to make Sivir viable again? I still enjoy playing her A LOT and would love to be able to play her more.

Lyellin

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Understandable. But Spirit Fire (his rather large AoE/Debuff) will solve that problem. It allows you to farm and gives you zone control (which allows you to farm without being harassed) and his natural lifesteal should keep you topped off.

He really is the best Aura Carrier right now.

EDIT: Just realized your low level. Not sure how he will work out. When I play him I grab meditation and mana regen runes. Spirit fire is heavy on mana but if you can keep casting it you can keep the enemy off the creep waves, farm up a lot of gold and even harass the enemies at the same time. Maybe an early chalice would solve the problem. Mind you, I found Sivir had the same problem so if you were ok with her, youll be fine with Nasus. BB and Spirit fire serve the same prupose and cost almost the same amount of mana. Its just WAY easier to use spirit fire.

Also, just to mention it, Nasus is also a very good 2v1 champion.

Also just wanted to saw, Sivirs range is so short shes BARELY within the "ranged" category if you ask me .

Lol on the level issue - Yea, I've been fine with Sivir. I have previous DoTA experience, plus mana management practice from WoW... And I'll be picking up mana regen runes in a day or two anyway, once I hit 20, so it's all good.

Yep... the range is really freaking frustrating. REALLY. But, eh, what can you do? (well, I keep on posting on Sivir threads hoping she gets a buff)