Sivir VS Vladimir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorrdcrash

08-12-2010

I've been in some games where people insist I take mid and I go up against Vladimir. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to effectively go against him, and I rarely have any problems with any other champs. I can't wear him down because his life steal is one an extremely low cool down and even when spell shield is up and I block it, he gains the health anyways, I just block the damage which is total BS. Anyone have any ideas?

DarkenDragon

08-12-2010

in the beginning, his life steal ability is actually on decent cooldown, if hes using it to attack you with it, just back up, if your both ranged chances are hes behind his creeps and your behind your own, if you see him going past his creeps chances are hes coming to attack you, so back up, if he does hit you, he'll take the agro of your minions and they'll hit him pretty hard,

you also have bouncing glaves im sure of, keep it on and get chaliace early to counter the amount of mana being used. the attack will eventually bounce right to him or clear the enemies faster giving you more money to buy better items faster

spam that boomerang, it does quite a bit of damage and if your getting chalice you should have qutie a bit of regen power to allow you spam it and still use bouncing glaves,

this goes for any champion in the middle, always be aware of what your enemy is doing, if they go past their lines, it might mean they're about to harass so back up until their in the middle of your minions and then if they do hit you, they're in for a hurting.

SecretlyRambo

08-12-2010

You need levels in Boomerang to out-nuke Vladimir, and you need to be able to consistently hit him with it while either SSing his own nukes or forcing him to use it on creeps.

It's not easy, but it can be done. Vladimir is a difficult champion for Sivir to deal with in the solo mid, and you might just have to be significantly more skilled than him.

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
in the beginning, his life steal ability is actually on decent cooldown, if hes using it to attack you with it, just back up, if your both ranged chances are hes behind his creeps and your behind your own, if you see him going past his creeps chances are hes coming to attack you, so back up, if he does hit you, he'll take the agro of your minions and they'll hit him pretty hard,

you also have bouncing glaves im sure of, keep it on and get chaliace early to counter the amount of mana being used. the attack will eventually bounce right to him or clear the enemies faster giving you more money to buy better items faster

spam that boomerang, it does quite a bit of damage and if your getting chalice you should have qutie a bit of regen power to allow you spam it and still use bouncing glaves,

this goes for any champion in the middle, always be aware of what your enemy is doing, if they go past their lines, it might mean they're about to harass so back up until their in the middle of your minions and then if they do hit you, they're in for a hurting.
Doesnt work.

Sivir doesnt have the tools to deal with vlad in mid. Both is autoattack and his lifesteal outrange your attack range. Ricochet does such pitiful damage on the odd time it hits the enemy champ that vlad wont even notice it.

BB could work but that relies more on the vlad being bad then anything else. If hes only hit by BB in one direction he will easily heal the damage.

Unfortunately your best bet is switch lanes or have someone gank every 2 minutes.

That or switch it up and take a 2v1 lane and for vlad into a 2v1 as well. Sivir can dso quite well in a 2v1 but vlads lifesteal cant deal with 2 champs well and he cant push back against 2 champs.

SecretlyRambo

08-12-2010

^^ Listen to that guy. He more-or-less wrote the book on competitive Sivir.

Leohan

08-12-2010

Against Vlad, I wouldn't suggest using your Boomerang much at lvl 1, as it will do pretty negligible damage initially for a high mana cost. Starting from about lv. 2-3 BB, it will start dealing a good chunk of damage, especially if you can manage both hits (there and back). Other than that, I wouldn't suggest trying to go 1v1 with Vlad. Early game, he will definitely have the advantage over you.

PickleChutney

08-12-2010

The trick is actually once your bounce is level 4+ it will likely bounce to him on every attack. At that point it can be pretty annoying and push opponents out of the lane. Only catch is you have to be level 7... You don't have much time before the laning phase ends and any potential advantage is short lived.

Overall I wouldn't be using Sivir against Vlad - if he knows what he is doing you're in for trouble.

Sivir in general has been called to get some love by the community - she is really outclassed by most other champions.

Lorrdcrash

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Doesnt work.

Sivir doesnt have the tools to deal with vlad in mid. Both is autoattack and his lifesteal outrange your attack range. Ricochet does such pitiful damage on the odd time it hits the enemy champ that vlad wont even notice it.

BB could work but that relies more on the vlad being bad then anything else. If hes only hit by BB in one direction he will easily heal the damage.

Unfortunately your best bet is switch lanes or have someone gank every 2 minutes.

That or switch it up and take a 2v1 lane and for vlad into a 2v1 as well. Sivir can dso quite well in a 2v1 but vlads lifesteal cant deal with 2 champs well and he cant push back against 2 champs.
This is what I was afraid of. Vlad seems to have soo many hp's and the boomerang just doesn't do enough against him. Even with the bouncing, my damage doesn't seem to do enough at the early stages of the game to lane against him. Late game, yeah, I'll kick his *** all over the place but early I just can't seem to do it. So I guess I'll switch when I'm up against him for now on, thanks guys.

Lyellin

08-12-2010

Quickslide (as is almost always the case), is right here.

The best you can hope for against vlad is a stall, where you don't give him a kill, but you are probably behind in money/xp because you have to play so defensively. The only time this isn't true is when the vlad is incompetent... sadly, I have managed to get a few kills off on a vlad while playing sivir mid.

Slide

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlyRambo View Post
^^ Listen to that guy. He more-or-less wrote the book on competitive Sivir.
To be fair that was a while ago and while its still the best way to play Sivir, its not as impressive as it was when Sivir was God Tier from my build.

@Lorrdcrash:

Not much you can do against him unfortunately. One thing that I always found frustrating when teaching people how to play Sivir is everyones insistence on getting ricochet.

If you read the description, realise how much damage it does after reduction and take into account the fact that it will bounce to pretty much a random target, you realise ricochet is an absolutely TERRIBLE ability for laning.

The only time Ive ever got any use out of it was back in the days when you would occasionally see a melee champ in mid (no longer happens, or rarely or its Mord and he counters Sivir too).

Its unfortunate but Sivir is not a good champion at the moment. Yes she brings something to a team that is very valuable in a premade (let your team push as fast as their MS can let them) but outside of that shes sub par in pretty much every situation.

Even as an aura carrier I find her subpar these days. Id rather have Nasus carrying a starks and aegis then Sivir any day of the week.

In any case, best thing you can do is practice your 2v1 Sivir. Ask for a complete lane switch with top or bot and hope you can play better in a 2v1 then vlad can. If your both good, you should be able to not die and keep your tower alive while he will not die and lose his tower (lack of pushing power).

That really would be the best thing to do in that situation. All depends on your skill at doing a 2v1. Its not easy, but Sivir can do it (and not lose tower and still farm). It does require a LOT of tower hugging and you MUST know the capabilities on your lane opponents. Once they can successfully tower dive you without dying, you need to have someone gank the lane or come help you. Your squishy and dont have any form of CC to make being in tower range dangerous for your enemies.

Thats the best advice I can give. Make sure ypu have teleport asd a summoner spell as you will certainly need it to refill at fountain at least once while laning.

@Lyellin: Thanks dude. Comments like that make me feel like my time on the forums isnt wasted!