Help with rune pages.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merqurial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

I've been playing league of legends for about six months or so, and I simply do not know what the hell to do with my rune pages. I just recently started getting into ranked and it seems runes pages are finally starting to make a difference and I'm slowly falling behind the other players. What types of runes should I use for what situations?

Boomstick II

04-28-2012

Depending on how many pages you have, I'd try to set up rune pages for specific roles (it's often difficult to play the exact role you want every game, so it's good to be prepared).

AD Carry Page:
-9x AD reds
-9x Armor yellows
-9x MR blues (or MR/level)
-3x AD quints

Support:
-9x Armor reds
-9x Armor yellows
-9x Mana regen/lvl blues
-3x Gold/10 quints

AP Carry
-9x MPen reds
-9x Mana regen yellows (flat or per level, it depends on the champion; some don't even need mana regen in which case you'd use HP/lvl or armor)
-9x AP/lvl blues (MR can also work here, preferably flat as you'll most likely be laning against another AP champion in mid)
-3x AP quints (MS is often used here as well, or MPen)

From there, I usually have another page set up for a jungler, and another for a top. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pages yet, so I have to make them champion specific.

The set ups above are pretty generic and can be used on many champions in their role, but remember, some champions will require more specific rune pages to match up with your play style.

Merqurial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

For AD carry I dont bring any armor pen?

PwnSauceOnYoFace

04-28-2012

For AD carry, recently people started using dmg reds because it allows you to get more last hits. However, some players still use armor pen because it does more damage to champs. If you have trouble last hitting the damage quints and reds will help. If you have no problems with last hitting, take both red and quint arm pens

Ebonclaw

04-28-2012

I've actually run Crit Chance Marks on my AD page for a long time. I find that even if over time other runes might do a handful more actual damage, that the psychological effect of the occasional crit gives me an edge in early trading/skirmishing. Also nice when you rush your IE, to start off at 28.5% crit rather than 20%.

Onerblack

04-28-2012

WoW Rune Pages are MUST even in normals.