Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Finally uninstalled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flash the God

04-26-2012

I began playing this game sometime in early 2011. I had a lot of fun. The community was decent, the game was fun and it was progressing nicely.
I had a long break, probably 8 months of a break. Once I got back, I have no idea what happened, but this community is now horrendous. Absolutely atrocious. I have not once in 20+ years of gaming even come close to seeing a community this bad.

I have invited 30+ friends to play LoL and the reputation it already had with some of them was terrible to start. Once they started playing, it never got better. In fact, out of 30 of those people that I invited to play, THREE, yes, 3, continued playing. That wasn't even for long, maybe a few weeks.
The games community RUINS this game completely. I don't know how anyone has fun on this and especially if you're new. Maybe 1 in 20 games are fun, max.

I am not saying this because I'm bad or because I'm angry. I'm mediocre and quite calm.

I've spent $30 on this game for skins/champions and I honestly regret it. I wish I could refund it so that I would not support RIOT, thus not supporting the community. It really is that bad.

I know this thread will just get downvoted to hell and probably closed, but I had to type it. I couldn't let this annoyance get to me anymore. Every time I play I have a seriously negative experience.

Anyways, bye. I've quit before for those 8 or so months and I quit WoW which was far more addicting, so this will be no problem. To the 2 of you that read all the way down to this far, get out, while you still can.
As long as this community stays the way it is and RIOT does nothing about it besides focus on the negatives (Eg. Tribunal system. Which has been proven to not work, just ignored completely by RIOT), this game will stay a negative experience.

Also, watch any pro player. They only play this game because there's money involved. If you listen to a majority in their streams they even talk about how much they hate this game because of the community. RIOT completely ignores everyone and continues making their little champions and skins for money to feed their obvious greed, while playing as if they're a community based company. Such BS.

YourMoMAllDay

04-26-2012

go on forum, see this post, idgaf..

Velust

04-26-2012

you dont need the community, so the community don't need you. See you in the next few days when you reinstall.

BloodxLust

04-26-2012

see you tomorrow

Landers

04-26-2012

You've obviously never met the cod community on xbox

PacoTferret

04-26-2012

agree. totally i'm done with game as well.. was fun.. but community just killed it for me.

Not One Fork

04-26-2012

The real problem is not the community in this game. It is the community in any games. Especially free ones.

Imo all you can do is find as many decent people as you can and try to only associate with those players. I play an enormous amount of custom games with friends. And that to me is the best part of this game. I got to 2k one time and fell all the way back to 1600s due to nothing but letting the raging idiots get to me.

You have a point. The high ranked pros don't care about this game. They do it to make money. Most of them are also that high a rank for that same fact. They do not care. They do not let the game get to them. And that lets them be better players.

kainypoo

04-26-2012

The community is pretty toxic (in general), but I feel like if you work on your own attitude first, you'll have a better playing experience. When someone yells at me in-game, I'll always say something like, "My bad!" or "Sorry, friend!" even if it's nowhere near my fault. I'm okay with accepting fault in a game with people I may never play with again if it means the game will be more enjoyable for me. And of course, if they're overly abrasive, you should ignore them.

Also, take breaks in between games that fluster you. Even though I never rage verbally in game, sometimes I feel my face getting red just from frustration, and it's important that you take a break if you ever find yourself in a situation like that.

I've been playing since late 2009, since that seems to be a point of interest. ;p

True Bandito

04-26-2012

Quote:
I began playing this game sometime in early 2011. I had a lot of fun. The community was decent, the game was fun and it was progressing nicely.
I had a long break, probably 8 months of a break. Once I got back, I have no idea what happened, but this community is now horrendous. Absolutely atrocious. I have not once in 20+ years of gaming even come close to seeing a community this bad.

I have invited 30+ friends to play LoL and the reputation it already had with some of them was terrible to start. Once they started playing, it never got better. In fact, out of 30 of those people that I invited to play, THREE, yes, 3, continued playing. That wasn't even for long, maybe a few weeks.
The games community RUINS this game completely. I don't know how anyone has fun on this and especially if you're new. Maybe 1 in 20 games are fun, max.

I am not saying this because I'm bad or because I'm angry. I'm mediocre and quite calm.

I've spent $30 on this game for skins/champions and I honestly regret it. I wish I could refund it so that I would not support RIOT, thus not supporting the community. It really is that bad.

I know this thread will just get downvoted to hell and probably closed, but I had to type it. I couldn't let this annoyance get to me anymore. Every time I play I have a seriously negative experience.

Anyways, bye. I've quit before for those 8 or so months and I quit WoW which was far more addicting, so this will be no problem. To the 2 of you that read all the way down to this far, get out, while you still can.
As long as this community stays the way it is and RIOT does nothing about it besides focus on the negatives (Eg. Tribunal system. Which has been proven to not work, just ignored completely by RIOT), this game will stay a negative experience.

Also, watch any pro player. They only play this game because there's money involved. If you listen to a majority in their streams they even talk about how much they hate this game because of the community. RIOT completely ignores everyone and continues making their little champions and skins for money to feed their obvious greed, while playing as if they're a community based company. Such BS.

Well, I have been playing this since January 2010, and I am still here, enjoying LoL.

Pyr

04-26-2012

Quote:
Flash the God:

Take

off

the

rose

tinted

glasses.