playing against bot support blitz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

할배님

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

im currently 1588, hanging around 1550 or so. how do i play against blitz bot? im usually janna if i play support.
here is what i did (only played against this like 3 times and none of them recently.. just got curious since i almost always win bot lane as janna)
i ward the lane bush and stay behind the carry. when carry gets grabbed (and they get grabbed even when i ward lane bush and the said carry is a sivir) i try to q/w the enemy carry and e mine but almost always that is still not enough. carry gets away with 1/4~1/2 dmg done to his life. my carries also complain that they are getting zoned too badly and i should do something. they start raging and that marks the point of no return. what is it exactly that i should do as a janna or is janna just a bad pick with blitz?
i know i can counter ward river or tribush and ask for jungler to gank but i'm asking specifically what i can do in lane other than that

BazaoCakes

04-25-2012

Sounds like you're doing fine. You need better carries. I often play ranged AD bot and I don't think support blitz bot is particularly special. Just block with the creep wave or hang back. If I'm lucky and my support has a ward there, we usually get kills.

Mambazo

04-25-2012

They need to dodge grabs. ESPECIALLY if they have vision of brush. There's no excuse for getting hit with a blitz grab in the lane besides the fact that you got outplayed or were disabled through CC.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

play a support with better sustain against blitz...i like soraka

cococola

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by defleppardruelz View Post
play a support with better sustain against blitz...i like soraka
playing a soraka vs blitz lane is like asking to die lol...
blitz and ad will burst, which is not soraka's forte

janna is a good counter to blitz. boots + janna passive = dodge hooks all day (at least in theory, noobs cant do it tho). also janna can knock up both enemy champs.
janna is infinitely better than soraka against blitz

ZOMGTURTLE

04-26-2012

You're doing your job, but my strategy in solo queue is to count on my AD sucking and playing Alistar and hanging out in front of my carry. If I get grabbed, I can just headbutt/pulverize their carry and let mine harass back, then back off and E our health back up and out-sustain them.

Warrrrax

04-26-2012

How bout trying Alistar or Taric. Both are tough and highly resist burst damage. Blitz really doesnt wanna pull Alistar which totally puts a stop to the grabbing since you are in front.

Taric works well too since he can stun at long range if your carry gets grabbed. He can heal too which is beneficial.

Chingmeister

04-26-2012

A lot of champions starting with health crystal/dorans shield + pot can stand in front and take the grab from a blitz with boots and just beat him down.

IS19c4ee97dafe2b

04-26-2012

As a player who often plays support blitz I find Soraka as support much harder to play against then any other, especially if AF carry also takes heal.