Introducing: SKIRMISH mode!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darklight117

04-25-2012

Hey ladies and gents, this is a little custom game mode that I have come up with. If something similar to this already exists, well, I am unaware of it. I have already played it a lot in custom games, and well, it is very fun when both teams play by the rules. However, it is very hard to get people to join. As if with game modes like ARAM, the game gets full in a matter of seconds. Since no one knows what skirmish mode is, not much people are likely too join the game, and if anyone does, they might not like the rules and leave. So before I go on, here are the rules:

SKIRMISH rules: Only go in jungle and river. Use mid to cross to opposite sides of the jungle, but going to, or crossing center mid lane is not allowed. Use bot and top to retreat to base, but no lane hugging. No farming at all, and only consumable items and one pair of boots allowed.The team with the most kills at 20 minutes wins the match, and the losing team surrenders.

Side rules: If the opposite team is controlling the jungle on one teams side, then that team can fall back to base and deffend by their turret by their base. So for example: If purple team is at blue teams side of the jungle and camping by the bushes, then blue team can deffend by their base and slowly push purple team out.

FAQ's

Q: Can we jungle?
A: No.

Q: Is upgrading boots allowed?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there laning?
A: No.

Q: Can we use summoner spells?
A: Yes.

Q; Can we recall (go to base)?
A; Yes

Q: Are wards allowed?
A: Yes. Anything in the consumable catagory.

Name(s): Skirmish, Skirmish mode, and All Random Skirmish or ARS for short, this is for when playing with randoms champions.

So basicly, get get a pair of boots (if you want), and pots, wards, and elixers and go in the jungle with your team, find the enemy and kill before the enemy kills you .

Now, I know not everyone will like this game mode, but there are those who do. If you do not like what you see, please do not leave negative feedback. Like I said, I have already played this with people that do like this, the problem is that it takes long (Most of the time) to get the match started since not many people join, because no one knows what skirmish mode is - which is what brought me to the forums.

So I am simply here to put out my idea, and I hope that people can start trying this out more, and hopefully it can grow. If you like this, please try it, and go by the names provided, so that this mode can have a renown name to go by. Thank you for reading, I will keep this alive to get my idea out, see you on the field of justice

Please provide some feedback.

ps: sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, I am not great at it.

MCMCMAN2

04-25-2012

Probobly wont replace the original game as the most popular way (like dominion) but id love to see riot add a map for this, as well as aram.

darklight117

04-26-2012

bump

darklight117

04-26-2012

bump2

darklight117

04-27-2012

bumpity bump lump

Matirum

04-27-2012

I like the idea but why not allow items?

darklight117

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matirum View Post
I like the idea but why not allow items?
It keeps it more balanced, since it is only for 20 minutes.In skirmish there are alot of team fights - and to prevent one side from getting too fed, no regular items are alowed. Just imagine if in the first team fight, one team gets a big chunk of kills - lets say perhaps, one champ in particular gets 3 kills - and now that champ would be able to go purchase good items, and in the upcoming team fights, this champ will have the advantage, which will make it less balanced.

Since there is no farming, then it takes very long to lvl up, and the fastest way to lvl up is by getting champ kills. With no regular items, one team can still harras the other team because of being higher levels, but if regular items were allowed, then one side would just dominate the other; the first team to get the kills, will dominate because they have better items. So my point is, that the way to have the advantage is by being a higher level than the enemy, but even though one is a higher level than another, it is still not a total game changer, where as, being a higher level and having better items as well, is a game changer.

With only consumable items, then it does not matter who has more kills, the losing team can still turn it around and make a comeback. In normal circumstances, more kills = more fed, and well, with only consumable items, everyone is on the same playing ground. Now, one pair of boots is allowed, so that there is more speed the the game, because you do not want to walk slowly if you are looking for the enemy all around the jungle. This is the one item that you can choose to have something others may not have. And boots are not going to make a champ OP, compared to regualer items.

I Am An Ocelot

04-27-2012

The problem with no items is that champs like udyr, who are not extremely item dependent, will become very strong. Also, there would be problems with lvl 1 oriented teams. But I love the idea. Bump.

darklight117

04-29-2012

and i bumped it

darklight117

05-04-2012

Hey look, a bump!