Irelia Build Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

04-25-2012

Will be starting an Irelia build for Dominion and maybe SR (xP)

Just wondering on the types of builds you prefer on Irelia, I have read the preferred items list but I like the choices of real life players =)

Looking for builds for preferably Dominion =) tyvm!

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Go with tanky atkspeed, if their team is tanky for sustain (triforce isn't too useful against very tanky teams). If they are very squishy go TF + some atk speed but damage for burst.

Laurix

04-25-2012

Tbh, Irelia is one of those champions that you can almost build anything on and be successful.

The general consensus is Trinity Force into straight tank items.

Personally, I like being well-rounded when it comes to Irelia, having a healthy mix of HP, Armor, and MR -- unless the opposing team is one-sided in physical and/or magic damage.

My build goes: Mercs > Triforce > Wits > Atma. The game usually ends around that point. I've found myself building more armor lately due to the abundance of Melee/AD, but it's hard to not have a decent chunk of MR, just because those specific items work so well with her.

• Mercs on top her passive make her very hard to CC/peel.
  • Triforce is just good all around, she benefits from every aspect of it.
  • Wits End for the additional tankyness/damage AND it helps you pump out more true-damage via attack speed.
  • Atma's Impaler for additional tankyness/damge; plus it ties into a "piecemeal" crit build.

As for runes, they're obviously personal preference, but I'd suggest Attack Speed Reds/Quints, Armor Yellows, and MR Blues. Quints can be swapped for Movement Speed or whatever else your heart desires, but the more AS, the more damage you'll pump out with Hiten Style activated. Es op.

If you want to be more durable: Mercs > SV > Fratmas will definitely do the trick. Less damage and burst, but not to the point where you're useless. You can stick on targets like nobodies business, all while being more durable. I'm too much of a sucker for Triforce on her, but as I've said there are many builds that can and will work.

ProSauce VT

04-26-2012

Honestly the problems people have with Irelia is not related to her builds; its how they play her.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Mercs, Mallet, Wits, Sanguine. Anything else

Basically tanky derps without the TF

jars

04-26-2012

I have been going kind of crazy lately with my builds and I ended up with

ghostblade
kitae's
triforce
usually game ends

she can kill stuff really fast with 2.5 attack speed

inFe eD

04-26-2012

Merc's/Tabi, Trinity, Ghostblade, then Wit's End/Spirit Visage/Random armor items depending on enemy comp.

oh hai it's a panzar

ZenithZephyr

04-26-2012

Runes:
Red: Attack Speed - You're going to be doing a mix of physical, magical, and true damage. Raw AS works great with wit's end and your true damage and healing steroid.
Yellow: Health/lvl - No % pen on Health due to crystal scar aura (vs armor). Buffs Atma's. Better early game. Works better if you hit an AP heavy team.
Blue: MR/Lvl - More yummy defensive stats.
Purple: Movespeed. Mobility is everything.

Masteries: 29/1/0 make sure to get armor pen and magic pen. This with the crystal scar aura will offset not using Pen runes. If things really get out of hand, you can always get last whisper.

Summoners: Revive/Exhaust

Pretty standard stuff. Revive to win opening fight. Also bonus health on Atma's. Exhaust is pretty much standard disable. You can chain Equilibirum Strike, Exhaust, Equilibirum Strike. With little downtime. Try not to use Q on a fleeing opponent unless they use an escape mech. All this with Triforce and you should be able to chase down just about anyone. you can even Q into Rammus to stop him from powerballing away.

Opener: Pros Blade, Boots 1, 2 Pots

Next Step: Decisions between boots 2, zeal, and sheen.

This is where you really have to use your judgement.

Boots 2: Boots 2 are the cheapest (since you already have Boots 1). If you die and can only get boots 2, go ahead and get them. This is also the best defensive option if you are getting stomped. If I'm doing well, I'll sometimes finish tri-force before even bothering with boots 2.

Zeal: Zeal gives you comparable speed to boots 2, but with better offensive stats. Mobility is very important. The AS works very well with Irelia's steroid.

Sheen: Bigger burst damage, but not as much as people think. I normally only get Sheen before Zeal if I got boots 2 early.

In the end it's gunna look like this

Pros Blade
Boots 2
Tri-Force

Next decision point: MR or Armor?

Irelia's optimum build involves alot of MR. (Wit's End, Spirit Visage). If the team is AP heavy or an even split, this is your next two items.

If the team is super AD heavy, you can go ahead and get Atma's (for ad casters like pantheon). If they are auto-attacker heavy, Thornmail (for auto-attackers like Ashe, Yi, Fiora, etc) or Randuin's for on-hit champs (AD heavy Jax, Kog, Teemo; Not malady/kitae's kog/teemo etc).

If they are mixed I generally get Wit's End, spirit visage, then one of those three Armor items, depending. Next up is Sanguine Blade.

If the game goes super long, you can either get another one of those armor items, or if you are dominating Last Whisper, or whatever you can afford to pack into that last slot.

MMKH

04-26-2012

I've been playing a bit of Irelia too recently, and I start with blade and boots. I get Brutalizer first since her Q and R do physical damage as well as her autos, and the CDR is nice. Ghostblade seems great on her for the added AS/MS so she can close the gap faster (or run away) and it helps her get more true damage autos in on W. I would then get Phage into Mallet and then Atmas. Wit's End or another AS item to top it all off.

ZenithZephyr

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I've been playing a bit of Irelia too recently, and I start with blade and boots. I get Brutalizer first since her Q and R do physical damage as well as her autos, and the CDR is nice. Ghostblade seems great on her for the added AS/MS so she can close the gap faster (or run away) and it helps her get more true damage autos in on W. I would then get Phage into Mallet and then Atmas. Wit's End or another AS item to top it all off.
gunna try that.