Xerath Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gryphios

04-25-2012

I don't think anyone is particularly happy with Xerath's current innate ability. It's certainly powerful, but requires no decision-making and seems counter to the rest of his kit. To change this, I recommend making a change to the innate and his W.

• Ancient Might (new innate): Xerath gains 1%/2%/3% (level 1/7/13) of the distance in units between him and his target as percentage magic penetration.

With this change, the further away from him his target is, the more his spells hurt, without necessarily crippling or massively increasing his early game burst.
  • Locus of Power: Xerath anchors himself to the ground he is standing on for up to 8 seconds, increasing the range of all his spells and granting him bonus ability power and magic resistance. Upon disabling this ability, Xerath gains 35% movement speed for 2 seconds. He can deactivate the ability at any time after 0.5 seconds of casting it.
  • Bonus Ability Power and MR: 10/20/30/40/50

This change I am less certain about. Losing your mobility is a big loss, and Xerath's range is frankly not enough to keep him from danger even at maximum range. Since most long range damage is magic, I figured MR is a better reward for positioning yourself well than armor is. The increase in ability power maximizes his damage output, since Xerath provides little other utility to the team. Still, it might make the ability too powerful.

Overall, what do you guys think?

Vogie

04-25-2012

The reason they haven't changed it was
1) Since they released X with the current passive, removing it made players feel they were losing something
2) the Range-based damage boost was hard to grok for his spells, especially when smartcast
3) The number of gap closers and the mobility creep of the game has left his massive range much less massive then intended, and suddenly an armor-granting passive is useful against melee and snipers.

I could see them adding something to his passive, but I don't see them ever removing it. And I know for a fact that that 'something' won't be free MR.

Emerald Acid

04-25-2012

I've always liked it >.>

250-ish armor for building nukes.

(Expecting downvotes)