Drums

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rugbyjr

10-25-2009

The drums in the champion select screen should be able to be altered. The volume controlls dont allow me to change the volume level, so when listening to music and talking in vent while playing lol, i have to take my headphones off for that minute and a half so i dont go insane.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

Same happens here. All the music and sounds are great, but the drums are usually too loud. They 're ok, but I have to either tone down volume for both the game and vent, or just take my headset off for that time and not talk.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

10-28-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Great feedback guys, we'll get to this ASAP.

OneSilverBullet

10-29-2009

To quote Beans from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
You control sound in pvp.net from the pvp.net options screen, which is the gears in the upper right hand corder. The volume control in game does not effect it. You can turn off the champ select music there.
... does this not work correctly for you?

Yoshisune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

It does work, but if you turn down the sound in that menu, when just playing normally, you can't hear ANYTHING, but even then, the drums are way too loud. It seems like there's a difference between the sound levels normally, and the drums.

OBhave

11-10-2009

Yes, we can just goto PVP.Net options and tone it down ... but we can't do that WHILE the drums are bugging us.

Then after the game is over you've forgotten about that problem and you get stuck in the same annoying situation again.

Bottom line: It would be great for the user experience to have either a button that temporarily mutes the drums... or to have access to the actual volume slider somehow.

Cataphract

11-12-2009

I'd like drum/ambient PVP.Net volume to be separated from PVP.Net sound effects volume. The drums, and only the drums, are too loud for me.