Honestly Guys it needs to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

While I agree with the general overlap of this, I feel Lol due to it's lack of Vchat has much less of a issue with this.
They rage at you when your doing well or even keeping even, just shrug and report at the end of the game.

No need to get jimmies rustled

Epidot

04-25-2012

bump for reds to see

DemothHymside

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swineflew1 View Post
You've kinda missed the whole point of the episode. Grats on being a tool.
I was clearly commenting on what the OP said, not the episode in the link, which leads me to believe you didn't even read what the OP said and are trying to prove.... Something, I don't know.

And in response to the person saying that girls and women get called out when using voice chat, yes, it happens. Unfortunately, the people who usually trash talk female players aren't usually all buddy buddy with everyone except women; they are usually raging jack holes to everyone.

I trash talk fairly regularly with friends, online and even in face to face with strangers (like when I was at PAX East), but I usually do it in way that the person knows it's not mean spirited, nor do I push it (usually) to the edge where the person would start to get really irritated.

And I'm going to say this because it's been my experience, and experiences vary, but; I don't see a lot of woman bashing online these days like used to be the norm back in the Counter Strike or Xbox 1 days.

I routinely run into girls in CoD or Gears of War and no one seems to care when a girls voice rings over the mic. I mean sure, it happens, but like I said, the "women hating" trash talkers are usually running their mouths waaaay before a girl popped into the server.

I am not trying to be a d1ck about it, but I just feel that some girls like to play the victim for sympathy just as a bunch of guys like to play the internet tough-guy.

I've made a few threads on how ignorant and spiteful this community can be, though my point was to look for friendly people to play with who wouldn't blow a gasket at me for the fact that I'm new to this game (and all MOBA's) and my schedule does not permit me a ton of time to play.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemothHymside View Post
I was clearly commenting on what the OP said, not the episode in the link, which leads me to believe you didn't even read what the OP said and are trying to prove.... Something, I don't know.

And in response to the person saying that girls and women get called out when using voice chat, yes, it happens. Unfortunately, the people who usually trash talk female players aren't usually all buddy buddy with everyone except women; they are usually raging jack holes to everyone.

I trash talk fairly regularly with friends, online and even in face to face with strangers (like when I was at PAX East), but I usually do it in way that the person knows it's not mean spirited, nor do I push it (usually) to the edge where the person would start to get really irritated.

And I'm going to say this because it's been my experience, and experiences vary, but; I don't see a lot of woman bashing online these days like used to be the norm back in the Counter Strike or Xbox 1 days.

I routinely run into girls in CoD or Gears of War and no one seems to care when a girls voice rings over the mic. I mean sure, it happens, but like I said, the "women hating" trash talkers are usually running their mouths waaaay before a girl popped into the server.

I am not trying to be a d1ck about it, but I just feel that some girls like to play the victim for sympathy just as a bunch of guys like to play the internet tough-guy.

I've made a few threads on how ignorant and spiteful this community can be, though my point was to look for friendly people to play with who wouldn't blow a gasket at me for the fact that I'm new to this game (and all MOBA's) and my schedule does not permit me a ton of time to play.
I mostly have a issue with GRRRRLgamers not girls who game. My ex was on one of the top wow guilds but she never made a huge deal about being female on that game.
rikukitty
Bekkha
Bigfatmissy
saraxsara

all examples of GRRRRLgamers

Sir Starke

04-25-2012

Maybe if you spent more time trying to get better instead of crying that people are "mean to you" you wouldn't be raged at anywhere near as much as you are currently, of course there is the occasional rager that rages at everyone about everything and those can't be helped.

However there's players like, let's call this guy Soraka, who gets a 21/0/9 in masteries without GP/5, and starts regrowth pendant and health pot, you can look to the other side, however on her first back, she finishes philo stone, 2 health pots and a mana pot, again, no wards.

What can you positively say to this player? "Soraka, can you please do your job and buy wards?" This literally happened to me two games ago, chances are, you'll get a "stfu", a threat to report, or the typical: "U MAD? IM GONNA FEED ON PURPOSE".

People being mean to other people will always be part of this world, the peer pressure and repercussions for failing will always be the catalyzer that fuels people into getting better, the fear of failing and being judged. This community is far too bad to reach a middle therm between the terribads and the occasional competitive player, and riot foments this type of situation rather you like it or not.

They want everyone to be happy even if at the cost of letting 3/4 or more people feeling miserable, that's why they pair players with winning streaks, with players with losing streaks. That's why 2 premade trolls can make three people feel miserable by dragging a lost game by botching every surrender vote, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just the sheer fact of people not being able to defend themselves in tribunal is absolute garbage, it's a F2P and that is really cool, but riot's policies and many other things will make it that this game will never be successful as a let's say: Starcraft II. When tribunal came out I thought it would be a great idea, it's not, it completely throw every enjoyment a player can have down the drain.

Before if you get yelled at, you'd try to improve since there was nothing to fall back to, as in, no Tribunal. If one entire team is yelling at you, you gotta step up, that's how I improve and went from a terribad in the 1100's to a 1800 player with high chances of improving.

Players nowadays have everything sugar coated, and will never improve because there's no distinction between competitive and occasional play, players can access ranked games far too easily, when I think at least 500 normal wins should be a pre-requisite, I mean, does it take 7 or more losses out of 10 in the placement matches to realize a player does not deserve to be playing ranked?

And you can tell what you want about Riot checking the reports in tribunal, they don't. If they did there would be no need for the tribunal to exist, hence they search for keywords like: What the hell, I would say them here but they would be censored, so let's say racism, physical threats, and insult to one's intellect or creeds. Violent harassment. That's why a friend of mine is on is 11th ban, that's right, 11th.

The game is pretty much like the forums, judged by the community, and you should be AFRAID of this, you have all types of audiences judging you, 12 year olds, someone who had a bad day, etc. etc. The punish button is hit and it is hit hard. Tribunal is abused.

If someone calls you bad, mute them, if someone calls you a motherf*cker, turn on the profanity filter and mute them. If someone really offends your integrity, threatens you physically, or insults you based on your race, then I believe the report button should be used.

If someone is yelling at you because OF SOMETHING, try to improve on that something, if they're raging at you mindlessly, then maybe they deserve a report. Anyway if you're 0/10/0 and someone's threating you like sh*t, you should take it like a man because truth be told, that game you played like sh*t, and if he's making your experience bad, what do you think you did with his experience and his time?

League of Legends is ran by 12 year olds who can't take the heat, that's why I thank god this game has no limit to the ignore list, I just wish players I put in the ignore could never be paired with me again.

Cerevus

04-25-2012

Those same laws you're talking about are based on a system of rules with a panel of overseers. Anything this video suggested was NOT that. We already have laws in place (see: The Summoner's Code, EULA, etc.). Riot employees are the police and they go through report records and ban behavior that they feel breaks these laws.

If we put a button next to a player's name that if enough people click it, they will be muted? That's anarchy What would stop people from just clicking that button on people they had a bad experience with? There's no moderation.

The real-life equivalent of this is I call some guy a dumbass and he calls the cops on me and they throw me in jail (or hell, give it any attention more than a laugh). Is that justified, or a little over the top? Would you tell that guy to maybe not get so worked up over something so meaningless, or would you congratulate him on cleaning up the garbage?

What's funny is I think you and I want the same thing: people being nicer to people. I'm just saying that we're all capable of this on our own by interpretation and self-control, and you're saying you just don't want to play with *******s (whether or not they're actually nice people).

MrSqueakums

04-25-2012

Auto-mute sounds like a great idea. Thank you for posting this Tenshinmon.

Erazmus

04-25-2012

Bump~

Grigorian Tutor

04-25-2012

Quote:
last i checked this was AMERICA...
Your current location, The Internet

Evollove

04-25-2012

Yeah ive have played World of Warcraft for 7 years just retired from it and i will say i have been insulted more in a year in lol then World of Warcraft 7 years.