Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Honestly Guys it needs to stop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDerp Solo

05-10-2012

Watched the video.

For a game console, where the account is tied to a piece of hardware or software that is basically easy to regulate - YES, an auto mute seems like it could work well. But LoL isn't played on a Console. Even if one account is permaforever banned, the person behind the account can have a new account up and running within minutes. What about blocking communications till a person has invested a significant number of hours into the account? While that surely would work for some games, LoL's basic gameplay requires that Players communicate with each other.

If I were to make any recommendations regarding LOL on this issue - I would recommend implementing an in-game tool for clan/team recruitment. If a player is a part of a team, they are less likely to rage at their teammates, and less likely to go down the road of hate speech out of frustration.

TeachezofPeachez

06-04-2012

Must discuss, moar.

Slave35

09-12-2014

Quote:
Lyte:
Player behavior is a very important challenge that we would like to start tackling in 2012. In fact, when I was working on my PhD, Riot approached me to specifically work on features related to player behaviors.

With Pendragon at the helm, Team Player Behavior & Justice has been hard at work and some of you may have seen some of our progress with matchmaking improvements (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1976101).

For months, Rioters on this team like Pendragon, Zileas, Yegg, StatusKwoh, davin and me have been taking notes about all the hot topic behavioral issues our players are concerned about and we have developed a solid plan for this year. However, give us a bit more time--we will be more than happy to talk about the future of player behavior soon.

You banned me for extreme harassment when I did nothing of the sort. I can see why this community has made absolutely no forward progress in the time that you have been "Lead Social Systems Designer." What a joke of a title considering that every single initiative you have instituted has been a dismal failure from the very start. You, sir, are the definition of an ineffectual, extraneous employee and it will be an amazing day when Riot removes you from the payroll to implement actually-effective systems.

AeroWaffle

09-12-2014

Quote:
Slave35:
You banned me for extreme harassment when I did nothing of the sort. I can see why this community has made absolutely no forward progress in the time that you have been "Lead Social Systems Designer." What a joke of a title considering that every single initiative you have instituted has been a dismal failure from the very start. You, sir, are the definition of an ineffectual, extraneous employee and it will be an amazing day when Riot removes you from the payroll to implement actually-effective systems.

You necro'ed this thread to say that? Even when Lyte had already gave you chat logs here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49916721#49916721??