Honestly Guys it needs to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshinmon

Member

04-25-2012

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/harassment

Edit 2: I just want to say guys. The point of this thread is the increasing trend of offensive language to EVERYONE. Not just my gender. Let's keep it focused please. I know everyone wants to focus on that instead of looking at the bigger picture, so that way they have a reason to not post on topic, but let's try to read more then the 3rd paragraph. Thank you in advance.
I think I'm just gonna leave this here.
Edit 4: I'd like to note that I am NOT the creator or part of the team that creates Extra Credits. I'm simply a big fan of their work .
Edit 5: Yay reds. Especially Fruitstrike! That took some ULTIMATE BRAVERY, but I think you pretty much won the internet if not the world.
Attachment 430269
A salute and standing ovation for you, you deserve it!
Edit 6: About 850 upvotes and counting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMCIk...eature=related
Edit 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Team PB&J FTW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA&ob=av3e

Tryn post ftw. *PB&J dance*
Just....yeah.....

Well no. Seriously. Why not take away the chatting priviledges of players that get CONSTANTLY muted? I mean we have pings and minimaps so we don't need their mias. In ranked MAYBE but I usually meet the worst behaved players in Normals.

It's honestly terrible when I get a 4 man premade too. I usually get insulted with racial and sexiest insults in the pre and post game chat but they keep their mouths completely shut in the in game chat to avoid getting banned.

And god help any female friends I invite and myself if and when it slips out or comes up that we're female (We don't BRAG about it. We usually get insulted after ganking someones lane and get an insult like 'Go suck your own ****' and then say something like 'We don't have ****s but our nonexistent ****s are probably bigger then your own'. But the majority of the time we just act like guys and try to ignore it because of the pathetic BS we get from most of the community.)

I mean honestly people...speaking as an Xbox 360 mainly FPS player...this community is just as bad if not worse. League of Legends is an AWESOME game, held down by it's community. I've been told more insults, more racial/sexist slurs and more 'I'm going to skullfck your mother' in the past 100 games I've played in League, then the 500+ games I've played in Halo Reach and Halo 3.

Every game I've played has had at least 1 to 2 people getting reported or being report worthy. The worst part is that it's the NORMAL. Getting a game where theres no insults being thrown and everyone acts like a decent human being is like finding a Dinosaur on planet earth or a funny joke on Mind of Mencia.

This is getting - No. It is.- pathetic.

Ta ta for now...
Tenshinmon

Edit 1: Wow. Guys, it took me awhile to realize this was on the front page. Thanks for the upvotes! I'm glad you guys liked the idea and I hope you'll continue to watch these guys in the future.
When this thread originally started it had around 2-3 downvotes so I thought it'd be at page 2000 in the blink of an eye but I'm glad your keeping it bumped. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemothHymside View Post
When you point out that their generic insult #91483 is factually incorrect because of your ***, you've made two big errors.

1). You pointed out you're a girl / woman, to which has no bearing on the insult. It's just a childish reactive insult with 0 thought. No point in breaking it down as though they're going to pick up on ANYTHING other than the fact you are a girl... And honestly, it just seems like some girls fish for an excuse to announce they are female.

2). Why respond at all? What meaninging insight can you bring to someone who is raging over a video game and hurling insults?

I have a few lady friends who do purposefully announce they are women if the other team is losing and being poor sports, because it just seems to.bruise the male ego to not only lose to a woman, but get trashed talked in the process. So unless you're pointing out the fact you have a vajay jay to increase the rectal ravaging from an already beligerent kid, there is no reason to say if you dangly bits or an axe wound.
I think you missed the point. We don't even have to say we're female at certain times to be insulted as such. I didn't put that in because I wanted attention or because I thought it was a 'bigger' issue then anything else. I was just pointing out the fact that if you say your female or it suddenly just comes out, all of a sudden even if no one was screaming or yelling you get a response like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMVMh...feature=relmfu
Or even worse, guys start giving you special attention and while some girls may enjoy it, I HATE it. I hate it when I find one guy following me all around the map and showering me with undeserved compliments that obviously are focused on getting me to 'like' them. Sexual equality is something that the internet seems to be lacking lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
Started to watch but that voice.... Seriously you can't make videos without distorting your voice like that? SOOOO painful.

On topic : You bring attention to the fact that you're a woman... why? The size of my ***** literally never comes up... thus my gender never comes up, why does yours? You may not notice it but if people know you're a woman in game you're probably drawing attention to that. You should know better by now. It doesn't make how they behave right, but you brought it up and you're going to get attention for it.
Really? Because even when people don't know I'm female I get told to suck someones ****.
Plus, like I said, sometimes people recognize my name from another game and ask, some times it just comes out.

I see alot of people saying that I shouldn't 'flaunt the fact that I'm a girl'.
Alright, I'm fine with that.
In exchange, both when I do and don't reveal that I'm a girl I'd like it if you stopped screaming at both me and other people to suck your ****. I'd also like it if you would stop insulting people using group labels since it demonizes that group (I.E How calling something negative that happens in game 'gay', Calling someone who's way or method of thinking that isn't the same as yours '******' etcetc.)
Furthermore, isn't the fact that simply saying I'm a female and the reaction I get from it the real problem here? It's not just me I know, alot of females on the internet who play games like this and other things now have to hide their genders for fear of being harrassed. In fact no one deserves to be treated like this. It NEEDS to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdevelopment View Post
A girl should not have to hide her identity because it makes you uncomfortable to have to imagine that every gamer is not a Straight-White-Male like yourself.
*Standing Ovation*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
Are you really that naive? No one's saying she should have to, i'm saying she should know better. Unless you just started online gaming yesterday you know how online gaming is. It's no mystery and you shouldn't act like it is. Grow up.
I just want to say it isn't all of online gaming. I've been treated fairly as a female in multiple other FTP games. Like Wakfu, Dofus (before it was Dofus 2, after that I just quit the game because of all the technical problems) Pandora Saga, Shin Megami Tensei and Rusty Hearts. Just to name a few. I'm something of an MMO reviewer for my friends and the people I know with all the online gaming I've done. I know the internet, I've been here awhile, since the good ol' MUD times. I repeat with this experience in mind, it isn't all of online gaming.

In addition I'm also seeming alot of 'this thread comes up every week omg'.
Well, it's better then doing nothing right? Doing nothing simply normalizes the problem. 'One thread isn't gonna change the whole internet'. Cool, then neither will the chump change you give Anti Animal Cruelty groups.
The fact is that while what I'm doing may not do much, AT LEAST IM DOING SOMETHING. if it even SOMEWHAT helps a positive cause of any type I've done my work and it's worth it. Meanwhile your complete ignorance of the problem only makes it worse, like a person in a house ignoring the garbage that continues to pile up around them the problem just doesn't disappear, reguardless of how ignorant you act towards it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathuzalis View Post
I got about 10 pages into this, and I have to say the amount of ignorance hurts, And everyone who is bashing on Tenshinmon is just proving her point. You're making the community as a whole look bad it doesn't matter if we have a few diamonds here or there in the community that stand out and look great if the community on the whole looks like **** it just feels like those diamonds are wasted.

Tenshinmon I want to thank you for have the courage or conviction to stand up and post this, the systems and restrictions in the video seem completely feasible to get done. I've shared this on my Clan's site and I hope the people there spread it around as well.

Thanks to you again for bringing this to the communities attention. Try to ignore the ragers and trolls they'll come here in their outrage and ignorance, but if this sees fruition it will greatly limit their freedom to do so.
Thanks man. I just want to say that the same thing happens all the time to large issues. The only people who stand behind it, are the people who profit in some way off of it. (Remember SOPA/PIPA? Remember how most of the people behind and funding this bill were multimillion and billionaires in the music and radio industry?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiliski View Post
I think the point that many of you seem to be missing is this:
If I point out the fact that I'm a guy, I get no **** for it.
If OP points out the fact that she's a girl, she gets **** for it.

This is, by definition, gender inequality and in a very negative way. We don't make African Americans sit in the back of the bus anymore. We shouldn't be doing this ****, either.
Thank you. You tl;dr'd one of the main reasons for why there are less females in gaming (Although more and more are joining each day, the pure fact that girls get ****talked or handled like fragile glass drives alot of women away.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrial View Post
Only thing I muted was that annoying ****ing voice in that video. Grow some balls and stop being pussies. If anything here on the internet gets to you, you are so unprepared for life it's not even funny.
Attachment 430278

Alot of people are saying that we shouldn't put this in because we already have mute.
Well it's like this people.
Say you walk into a room with a flesh eating terrifying monster. Sure, you can get out very quickly and lock the door behind you, therefore locking the monster inside but isn't it better to just already have the monster locked inside with a nice little warning that says 'Warning: Monster held inside' so that you don't have to see it's terrifying face?
that's what auto-mute would do.
Edit 3: Wow guys. Do you sleep? Like Ever? 650 posts and counting and it's STILL on page 1. But seriously, get off the forums. Get some rest. Get some breakfast. Commicate with the outside world. Your family is worried.
Edit 7: Oh be a bit careful, I'm reading down the thread and I'm seeing the 'women should stay in the kitchen' insults being thrown. They are VICIOUSLY protecting their virginity! Be careful
Edit 9: Around 940 thumbs up. Let's go for 1 thousand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NDW...eature=related
Edit 10: We got to 1 thousand. I feel so awesome and I'm glad that people agree with the points being made. Thank you, all of you hopefully we can build a better community


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spicytacos69rrr

Member

04-25-2012

How about no.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

Member

04-25-2012

If you throw a bunny in a fire, it will probably die..

Edit: Mother of god... the amount of downvotes for truth :O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oragagashi

Senior Member

04-25-2012

I've been meaning to watch these guys, so thanks for the link.
I don't really have anything to add on to what you said for the moment, but this game is getting harder to stomach by the day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemothHymside

Senior Member

04-25-2012

When you point out that their generic insult #91483 is factually incorrect because of your ***, you've made two big errors.

1). You pointed out you're a girl / woman, to which has no bearing on the insult. It's just a childish reactive insult with 0 thought. No point in breaking it down as though they're going to pick up on ANYTHING other than the fact you are a girl... And honestly, it just seems like some girls fish for an excuse to announce they are female.

2). Why respond at all? What meaninging insight can you bring to someone who is raging over a video game and hurling insults?

I have a few lady friends who do purposefully announce they are women if the other team is losing and being poor sports, because it just seems to.bruise the male ego to not only lose to a woman, but get trashed talked in the process. So unless you're pointing out the fact you have a vajay jay to increase the rectal ravaging from an already beligerent kid, there is no reason to say if you dangly bits or an axe wound.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McFiggly

Senior Member

04-25-2012

Oh look, it's those Extra Credits fagots again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swineflew1

Senior Member

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemothHymside View Post
When you point out that their generic insult #91483 is factually incorrect because of your ***, you've made two big errors.

1). You pointed out you're a girl / woman, to which has no bearing on the insult. It's just a childish reactive insult with 0 thought. No point in breaking it down as though they're going to pick up on ANYTHING other than the fact you are a girl... And honestly, it just seems like some girls fish for an excuse to announce they are female.

2). Why respond at all? What meaninging insight can you bring to someone who is raging over a video game and hurling insults?

I have a few lady friends who do purposefully announce they are women if the other team is losing and being poor sports, because it just seems to.bruise the male ego to not only lose to a woman, but get trashed talked in the process. So unless you're pointing out the fact you have a vajay jay to increase the rectal ravaging from an already beligerent kid, there is no reason to say if you dangly bits or an axe wound.
You've kinda missed the whole point of the episode. Grats on being a tool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelligerentGnu

Senior Member

04-25-2012

That's an excellent idea. +1, thank you for posting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathcapt

Senior Member

04-25-2012

I play with my wife, and yeah, mute is your friend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterslol

Member

04-25-2012

the auto mute idea would be pretty cool if implemented