Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bug Summary 4/25 (Varus patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vLemon

QA Analyst

04-25-2012

With this post i'll try to summarise all the bugs that have been reported since the last Varus patch. Tell me if I missed anything so I can add it. Thanks to all the people that made the reports

VARUS BUGS

1. Varus' Q gets buggy with smartcasting:

Quote:
Amaltron:
While tinkering with smartcast, his Q got stuck. The 'charge up' bar was at full but when I let go of Q, the shot would not go off and the icon would glow still as if I was holding it. Varus also went back into normal attacking animation without the speed debuff. My mana was not drained and when I pressed Q, it would not reset. I had to spam Q a few times for it to go on cooldown.
I'm unsure how to reproduce it. I couldn't do it again :x.

Quote:
Sirius Derios:
I was charging my Q as I walked over my E AOE, and the channel stopped. LOL replay stopped working after one viewing of this.

Quote:
stormbarrier:
The animation on Varus' Q seems to be a little farther than the actual contact distance of the ability.
Repro: Have a friend stand at max range of varus's Q and take another step backwards. The animation clearly hits the target, but no damage is done.
I wouldn't expect damage to be dealt because it is out of the Q range, but I also wouldn't expect the animation to travel farther than the contact range, either.

Quote:
Jansetan:
Title:Varus's Q sometime's auto refunds immediately after initiating.

Priority: Major Because it changes how the game works.

Label [Character] Varus

Description: I initiated the first part of the casting and without firing, it refunded the mana. Not sure why it happened the first time, but it happened again after trying to cast in Graves' Smokescreen.
Not sure how to reproduce it beyond that.

Quote:
meDeadly:
The AoE is one Teemo bigger then the indicator shows. Dunno if thats intended.

Quote:
ITown:
So I was playing Varus not long ago in a 1v1 with another Varus. I spammed all my skills under my tower just before dying (including my ultimate). The ultimate was in the process of being cast when I died. It snared my opponent under my tower, but my ultimate didn't go on cooldown.

Quote:
Bombo Cracker:
I found his "running" (when you have EM2 boots) animation a bit buggy, his left arm twitches when he runs. Should be fixed.
Also, maybe you should make additional AA animation that will appear when he have more than 1.7+ AS? Cause its looks silly right now.

Quote:
Silvono:
Varus' blighted quiver passive particles will sometimes remain on champions well after the effect wears off. Even when killed, the particles remain for some time.

9. Varus' ulti doesn't spread as expected:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058245
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2057536
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058722&highlight=varus

Quote:
Bonesaw7:
1. I was playing a match with an ally Varus, and he showed up as dead on my screen for the majority of the game. His abilities and attacks would show up, but his icon on the minimap was gone. He didn't have the normal fluid motion as if he were living.

2. In that same match, I lost blue buff, but it stayed around me, but the effect had faded.

This was after I had disconnected and reconnected twice.

Quote:
DungeonKitty:
varus's charge shot is canceled mid cast when he gets healed by sona, lol.

was pretty funny, happened several times, it would be half way charged then just stop o_o

Quote:
HUHN Cyankali:
I was playing Varus vs. Kassadin, ulted him(ult went on cd) and kass ulted too. After he reappered he neither took any dmg nor got snared.

Quote:
Slayer Satchiel:
Varus' Ultimate taking longer than the tooltip specifies.

Testing with friends, hit two champs with my ulti, neither with treads, however one one snared immediately while the second took more than 4 seconds for the snare to trigger.

Quote:
akeyles:
Champs walk away out of vision or in brush then and the W never goes away. You can still see their position based on the W debuff animation all game and you dont see the new debuff.

Quote:
hurpdedurpdehurp:
When Varus uses his E in the fog of war it becomes invisible to the enemy team(but will still affect them if they happen to walk over it).

Quote:
Deepinsideya:
Was holding his Q to charge, got silenced, and the ability did not go on cooldown. As soon as hit went to charge again, it automatically went on cooldown without charging. So if you get silenced while charging, you have to tap q again quickly for it to start the cooldown quickly, otherwise the next time you try and use the ability it will automatically go on cooldown and you will be screwed.

Quote:
xXGrayXx:
I just recognized that as i put Q W E R on smart cast that Varus E and R didnt work.

vLemon

QA Analyst

04-25-2012

IN-GAME BUGS

Quote:
RoyalxD:
I disconnected and reconnected from a game and shen bot became invisible although he could still do damage and I died to him.

I was playing varus and it was a 1v1 custom game against one other player who was also Varus.

Quote:
7he Chosen 0ne:
Recalling and then moving to cancel it does not cancel the noise, can be exploited to fake a return to base while u sit in bush.
And the noise is not shortened while you have enhanced recall.

Quote:
SofaKingAwsome:
You can see friendly Cassiopia's miasma but not enemy's

Quote:
DaMiTzNhan:
It makes the sound but it's invisible.

Quote:
stormbarrier:
In a custom, Sivir Bot was auto-attacking, but the graphic for her blade was gone entirely. The "whooshy" air graphic that is normally accompanied with her blade as present, but the physical blade was absent.

Quote:
FantasticDeli:
The Chalice of Harmony's item description says that it does not stack with the Chalice of Discord, but the item it's referencing isn't called Chalice of Discord. [it's called Athene's Unholy Grail]

Quote:
Digolera:
Tristana's E or R sometimes when casted makes the animation of the spell but there's no damage dealt neighter healing reduction effects, but the spell goes on cooldown for the determined time.
Happened 3 or 4 times when the enemy flashes away or when I just spam SmartCast on E while on the air.

7. Remaining particles:
Quote:
Valmi:
Upon dying as Karthus to Talon, the marker of blood remained on my head for the entire game, even through death.

8. Randomly unattackable buildings is still on:
Quote:
Ansim:
Played a bot game where there were multiple times I couldn't attack a tower even though the tower before it was down. It was just un-targetable. As if the towers before them weren't killed. It happened to the 2nd middle tower, after the first tower was downed. Minions and bots were able to attack it, I was not.

Also reported here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2057920
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2060557

Quote:
Kurø:
After wukong died he respawned with his model being his death animation. Screenshot here.

Quote:
BeastyAlity:
I was loading and then LoL crashed so i reconnected then it crashed again so relogged and reconnected then it crash again. 4th time i relogged and reconnected i successfully got in the game but during the game i kept disconnecting and kog maw turned invisible(BTW this was in normal 5v5) after a while i decided to relog and everything was fine. So idk why or what happened but maybe it was just me for that one game.

Quote:
SSJ2:
Priority: Major

Description: when invulnerable well using Fizz's E playful/trickster Karthus ult will still do damage.

Repro steps:
1. Play as Fizz vs Karthus
2. Have Karthus ult
3. Have Fizz press E
4. Fizz takes damage

Quote:
Fusrodahn:
So I was in a bot match in PBE laning bot as Graves with Jarvan.
Jarvan ulted on one of the bots and I right clicked on it, but Graves just kinda stood there until the ult was over then proceeded to attack as normal. I tried to test it whenever Jarvan would ult, but it seemed like Graves would either do nothing or just try to walk around his ult and not take the command to use basic attacks.
I could still hit with abilities such as buckshot, just not basic attacks.

There's a possibility I might have just lagged or perhaps misclicked [though I'm pretty sure I didn't], but I thought I should report just in case anyway.

Quote:
Efreet:
If Twisted Fate cast his Wild Cards from the fog the cards are invisible, which make them a lot harder to dodge.

Quote:
Pacro:
If you click on the flip minimap option the minimap will vanish from your game.
Repro steps:
1-Select the box at more options
2-Congratz, you have an invisible minimap, even if you unselect the box

Quote:
tutsedev:
If you resize the HUD, the minimap comes back. But when you flip the map again, the bug returns.

Also reported here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058129

Quote:
Opux:
Morgana can pass through Anivia's wall using her shield. I saw this happen with both level 1 and level 5 wall. I'm unsure if this is intended behavior, but I never noticed it before.

Wall would be up and then she'd black shield herself and run into the wall then stutter and go right through.

16. Has been reported in the past patch too:
Quote:
Goldoak:
Priority: Minor

Label: Game, Tryndamere, Jungle Creeps, Animation

Description: Occasionally after using spinning slash to cross a wall into either the blue golem camp or the small golem camp, the jungle creeps will not animate. They appear to remain still, though all attacks are processed normally and health bars still decrease on both sides.

Repro Steps:
1. Play Tryndamere.
2. Without sight of blue golem camp or small golem camp, use spinning slash to cross into the camp and aggro the creeps.

Quote:
Sarevokus:
16 is connected to latency. If someone blinks/dash into camp it sometimes happens to Kassadin too

Similar o this is:

Quote:
Little Dovahkiin:
~ 80% of the time if I use a ability over a wall into a neutral camp (varus volley, and other abilities that don't reveal the camp (maybe works with abilities that reveal but not confirmed yet)) one or more of the minions that you hit will not attack you at all even if you run up to them and smack them many times.

Quote:
TeemoToucher:
I've had people say that the "welcome to summoners rift" message you see at the beginning of a game wouldn't go away.

Quote:
FROG Xanesh:
Periodically Karthus' character model and Defile particles will glitch out in bizarre ways when he dies.

*His body will remain "clickable" even while dead (red outline, red sword cursor)
*The particles for Defile will persist even after his passive ends, and will sometimes continue to persist even after he respawns
*His character model will remain ghostly even after his passive ends, and will sometimes remain so even after respawning
*Multiple combinations of the above visual glitches have been seen to occur together from time to time
*All visual glitches appear to be more common if Karthus dies outside the player's FoV, especially so if it is outside the FoW.

To reproduce: Kill Karthus a few times ingame and watch what happens.

19. Many issues involving dc-ing are already know (particles remaining, bulding or champs beeing untargetable) but this is a new one:
Quote:
evy12:
When playing a game I purchased Items as I disconnected. The Boots and Health Pots did not show in my inventory and were unclickable/usable. The Issue Corrected when I bought upgrades boots and sold my last health pot. I don't know if this has been reported before, but it was an inconvenience to my teammates and I.

Quote:
Warlemming:
The bounce bug is back.

Quote:
SirCuncision:
I try to use my E (Xin) and suddenly Ryze Bot 1-shot me

1741 in 0.09 secs. Pic to prove it.

Quote:
MoldyOnions:
This reminds me of an old bug where if you hit someone mid-dash with an ability that can bounce to multiple targets and hit the same target with more than one cast, it kills you in one hit.

It's probably the same bug.

Quote:
AUCoalition:
Shen bug:
Ult doesn't work properly, sometimes stops by itself.
A bug with the 'e' skill leaves him in 'surfer' position, and the purple streak still attached to him. The 'surfer' position is removed with another 'e' move, but the purple streak remains.

Quote:
Disoriented:
I was playing and I zoomed in on a champion to see the epic character art. I'm not sure what happened because at the same time I was messing with a bit of my video options. I cancel the options and then I try to zoom out but it wouldn't let me. When I use the scroll wheel the buildings on the edges and trees will have a visual bug where I can see through them. The major thing is that I zoomed in a few levels where its up to the point where its hard to get a big range or the aerial view and now I can't play properly. I tried logging out and logging back in and that didn't work. Then I tried my other PBE account and it had the exact same issue.

Quote:
DaMiTzNhan:
Was playing (an aram, I believe) after my game had re-installed.I noticed my character settings where set to low, I opened option and changed to [High] but it was still looking low (no cell-shading, looking bad etc).
Some other players in the game had the problem too.

BUT, it seems to fix itself when you relog, kind of a weird bug though.

Quote:
Krycifer:

Label: Game, Cool down glitch

Description: Whenever bouncing blades was used, on occasion it failed to show that it was on cool down. Image would show it was off cool down with no seconds timer and ready to be used, when in fact it could not and you would have to wait for the full cool down to occur.

Example/Repro steps: Throw out a blade at a target, however the target dies before the blade can reach it, causing the game to think Bouncing Blade took effect and thus going on cool down without showing a timer or anything.

Quote:
snuggernaut565:
I was playing a game as Teemo and laning against a Varus. There were a few instances where I would use my Q (blinding dart) and it would display the animation for the blind on Varus, but he was still able to target and attack me with both basic attacks and skills.

Steps to Repro:
1. Play as Teemo
2. Choose Q skill
3. Use Q on enemy Varus
4. Have enemy Varus attempt to attack you

I really only noticed this in one particular instance, but the enemy Varus talked to me about it after the game, so he noticed it too.

Apart from seeing the animation, teemo also recieved damage.

Quote:
Bachelord:
Graves' SmokeScreen actually lowers the FPS of those affected as it's most major technical concern.

Quote:
GelgoogJager:
At times, I've experienced a problem several times in which the camera takes control of itself and begins moving erratically across the map and will not respond to me locking it or trying to control it manually. Clicking on my champion in the mini-map however corrects the camera.

Quote:
GelgoogJager:
About 50% of the time, I can click a target multiple times and my character will not engage them or use an ability on them. This has happened while playing akali, jarvan, cassopeia, and varus and only since the last patch.

Quote:
VladimirSnakeyes:
The deahtfire grasp dynamically updating tooltip does not display a value until after you use it for the first time. I have included a screenshot that shows it saying that it deals zero percent of an enemy's health as damage.

Quote:
icegoat63:
----> Nocturne
---------> Only in Ravager Skin

Issue: "Unspeakable Horror" (W) leash animation not showing up in any situation. I've tested this over several games this last week. Leash animation works on other skins, but not Ravager.

vLemon

QA Analyst

04-25-2012

PLATFORM BUGS

Quote:
Exorno:
Opening the store without manually saving your current runepage will open the store with a "Loading..." menu that won't go away. You can hit cancel and go about your business though.

Edit: I had previously been in the store, went to my runepage, made a change, then opened the store again without saving first.

To replicate:
open any runepage
make a change and don't save it
click the Store button
click "Yes" when it asks if you want to save
wait for it to finish loading
the Loading pop-up doesn't go away until you manually click Cancel

Quote:
Lokito1991:
Hecarim's skins where in store last patch and with this one they're not in store. Maybe you guys removed them on purpose?

Quote:
nastynate600:
The post game stats don't include changes to at least haunting guise and Athene's unholy grail. Those are the only ones I was able to see in my game, I will be checking for more as the night goes on. If you see any that I didn't mention please leave it in a response so I can update this thread for riot to see.

Quote:
Ryste:
After the team has finished champion select, while the game transitions from windowed to full screen for the loading screen, the game crashes with a software exeption error:

*******http://i.imgur.com/PixX5.png********

I relaunched the client, but the same thing happens when I try to reconnect to the game. It's happened two games in a row now.

Quote:
Wiredpipe:
I was playing a beginner co-op vs AI game and about 9 minutes in, a disconnect message popped up telling me to reconnect but I couldn't. I clicked cancel and went back to reconnect but I couldn't since the orange reconnect button wasn't there but I could start another game. Also, there was another player that would disconnect and reconnect within 5 seconds of disconnecting, over and over the entire time.

Also mentioned here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058669

Quote:
xanthousphoenix:
There is bug that seems to happen for people with multiple monitors (at least). If the game is in fixed camera mode, a lower screen resolution, or (inclusive, not sure which it is) at the load screen, losing focus by clicking a different window (possibly by alt-tabbing, didn't try) causes a bugsplat error. the bugsplat report is Crash Report #12670142. I know it's not caused by what it claims to be caused by, because if i didn't alt-tab, I was able to enter the game, change the settings, and alt-tab at will.

Quote:
Slayer Satchiel:
So I was testing Varus with my friend, also Varus. When he shot Varus' ultimate I flashed to get near him. His ulti hit me but the visual and the damage didnt apply upon impact. He was less than 500 units away from me.

Quote:
Cybeats681:
I was playing a custom game and someone wanted to trade a champion with me. I didnt pick Accept or Decline and was brought back to the team lobby.

When I entered Champion Select again, the trade notification was still there and did not go away after playing several custom games.

P.S. When I re-entered champion select that first time, I did press Decline and it tried to process the trade request. It stayed like that every time i entered champ select to play another custom game

Quote:
RogueAlexGamer:
[Platform][Critical] Upon going into a custom game and solo queue, I get into the champion selection but I can't type anything to my team, can't see any of my team mates or enemy team on the sides and I can't see any champions to select nor can I go on the Skins tab

Priority: Critical

Label: Platform, Champion Selection

Description: The champion selection is un-clickable anywhere and un-typable and there's no champions or team/enemy members on the screen

Repro steps:
1. Log into LoL then go into Solo Queue or Custom
2. Get into champion selection
3. Empty and can't click anything or see anything

I took a screen shot then left it. I don't know what happens after if you leave it and continue the match, most likely just get a random champion with the previous masteries and runes you've used.

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexMasonDjKree/status/195052232608194560/photo/1/large

Quote:
Relix the Fallen:
HG's tool tip in the end game screen still displays it's previous stats, not it's current ones.

Quote:
Nixodrius:
Title: [Platform][Major] Starting game while modyfing your runes, and not saving changes causes endless Loading message box to appear, making it impossible to pick champion/runes/spells/masteries for 20 seconds until cancel button appears (Long title )

Priority: Major

Label: Platform, Champion Select, Rune modifications

Description: If you are modyfing your runes, and the client gets you to the champion select, you are asked whether you want to save changes or not. If you choose "No" then Loading Message box appears that actually never disappears even if the loading process is already finished. After about 20 seconds cancel button appears, but since you can't do anything before that, it may have influence on proper rune/champion/spell/mastery selection. To make long story short, you get 20 seconds less to make you choice. That message box does not dissappear so if one does not click cancel, he/she wouldn't be able to do anything.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Join Custom game or queue
2. Go to your runes page and modify your rune set
3. In the middle of modyfication yo uare taken into champion select, and message about saving changes appears
4. Click NO
5. Encounter endless Loading message box

Quote:
WarpedMonkey:

Title: Friend Profile Viewing bug

This is a bug that was fixed a while ago and it came back a few patches ago. I thought it would be fixed by now but it isn't. I agree it's not the most important, but 3-4 months for something that was already fixed seems a bit over the top. Anyway, those are the steps to reproduce:

1. Open friend list
2. Right-click on friend and choose "View Profile"
3. Have fun watching it
4. Exit the friend's profile by clicking on the LoL logo on the top left corner
5. Try to do step 2 on same friend --> It won't work, you can click on "View Profile", but it won't do anything

To fix:

After step 4 do the following:
6. Click on your profile or visit any OTHER friend's profile
7. Exit the profile by clicking on the LoL logo on the top left corner
8. You can visit again the profile of the friend on step #2

Quote:
DaMiTzNhan:
Black screen when beginning a game. Basically just started this morning.
Happened after a bugsplat, does it right when the sound plays when the champion selection is over.
There's no League process or anything...

Edit: Have already repaired, no dice.

This was fixed by reinstalling the game but i am going to leave it here because a bugsplat that messes up your client like that seems kind of worth mentioning.

Quote:
DaMiTzNhan:
Another bug of some sort:

I went from a custom that I quit directly into normal queue.
Greeted with a black screen, can chat within the rooms, after a certain amount of time the "beep" that signals champion selection timer is almost over, but you aren't able to see anything.
Happening since Varus patch.
Also, when you close client and try to queue again, you get a game dodge timer.

Screenshots provided.

A different kind of black screen during champs select is here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2065731

Quote:
vLemon:
Title: Phantom Chat room appearing when queueing with a premade team.
Labels: Chat, normal queue
Priority: minor

Description:
(1) Some times when I join normal q with a team, the arranged team chat appears leaving a void in the tab in the bottom of the client. If you click on the "Arrange team chat" tab to access the chat, it will do nothing. If you click on the void it will move the "aranged team tab" where it was supposed to be and you will access the chat without any problems.
I believe this is a graphical glitch due to lag (name of the chat appearing one position on the right from where it was supposed to, but funcionality isn't compromized).

(2) Other times the void will appear, but it won't go away; it will be like there is an empty invisible chat room holding a spot. In that case when you get to champ select, the arranged team chat will close, and another chat will appear where the void was. The new room will have no name, won't close and will give a message saying "you have been disconnected from chat. this will not affect your games blah blah". Even after finishing your game the chat won't go away. The only thing to do is to relog.

The above bug happened to me today and when i relogged i got automatically into an arranged teams chat, with 3 persons i didn't know and didn't respond to me. I tried to relog and the same chat keeps poping up. To be honest I did click on autojoin in an arranged teams chat yesterday (yeah stupid but a friend suggested it for the lulz :|) and it might have to do with that. The autojoin option isn't on in the last room and i tried turning it on and off but it still pops up everytime I log in. So my suggestion is disable the autojoin option for premade team's chat rooms.

I had the (2) issue in the past as well, along with other bugs that I didn't encounter now. Anyways here is the previous report in case it can help you:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1994169&highlight=chat

Repro steps:
1. Click on play->pvp->5v5 blind->party
2. Invite friends.
3. Hit queue. It doesn't happen 100% of the times but I do get (1) pretty often.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECTATOR BUGS

1. A lot of them are summarised here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2067404

Quote:
ACookieMonster:

Desc: When spectating a normal game (3 minutes or less) via one of your friends the names shown in the champ select/delay screen will always be blue team's names wether your friend is in that team or not

Repro

1) Make a friend join a normal and be purple team
2) before 3 minutes have passed, spectate him

DaMiTzNhan

04-25-2012

Wish I could ****ING LOG IN to see it.

ITown

04-25-2012

you seem to have missed my thread

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2058923

vLemon

QA Analyst

04-25-2012

@ITown I added it, it's 6.

DaMiTzNhan

04-25-2012

Cassiopea's poison pool [W?] doesn't appear on the map.
It makes the sound but it's invisible.

Sarevokus

04-25-2012

2-16 is connected to latency. If someone blinks/dash into camp it sometimes happens to Kassadin too

Eltherian

04-25-2012

I ulted enemy renekton bot and he was able to dash out of it.

KesslerCOIL

04-25-2012

Galio's Ult sometimes doesnt Taunt correctly