Is Xin viable in lane in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esco

04-25-2012

I know he's been nerfed before, and I know he's a decent jungler. Im about to hit 30 and was going to duo queue with a friend of mine who plays a mean nocturne/shaco jungle. Im only good with a few toons but xin is one of my best. After free Xin week Ive seen a lotta bad Xins that build him wrong(glass cannon) and it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. If Xin is built right he can be a pretty mean off-tanky dps. I usually build a Yoomuu/Warmog/Atmas, then situational from there(LW for armor, MB for health, banshees etc etc) which allows him to scale a lot better into end game then the glass cannon dead in 2 seconds build. His early game is also incredibly strong with armor pen runes. So is Xin seen in ranked games outside of the jungle?

Kasugunai

04-25-2012

As a 1600 solo queue top laning player I would say no, he doesn't scale into late game because he has no ratios, only steroid attack speed and he really relies on his Armor Penetration to do damage later on with ultimate which is kind of good with it, almost 99% bruisers solo top take AD runes and that is just a lot stronger on lane so if you are going ranked with him, just don't take Atmog's combo not just because of that but also because Atma's got nerfed recently, also just take him as a jungler if you are going to play him in rankeds, he's pretty disruptive early on with his ganks which IMO are one of the best at the moment even though he doesn't scale later on.

Queen Sejuani

04-25-2012

As somebody who is a huge Xin fanboy and loves playing him, I would say no.

His stats seem to be pretty subpar, sadly. And outside his Q, he doesn't scale into late game.

However, his early game and early ganks, are hilariously strong. I jungle him sometimes with a Doran's blade and his generic E>Q combo does around 50 to 60% on bot lane. Combined with red buff and a few auto attacks, every gank can be pretty dangerous. Once he hit 6, his burst gets a little better.

However, if he doesn't get some early advantage (as in a few kills/assists) he is going to fall off hard. If he does get some kills, he will go into mid game and be fairly average, but will still fall off lategame.

The problem with Xin is that if you build him Atmogs, he seems to lack damage, but if you build him damage then he instantly dies in teamfights. It is really annoying and in my opinion really hard to balance. In my honest opinion, I would build him something like:

Wriggles>Mercs>HoG>Phage>Brutalizer

From here on either build your Phage into a Trinity or build it into a Mallet. After that, get Randuins and ultimately Randuins.

Your last 2 items, I recommend Wits End OR Banshees (Sometimes you just need that passive from Banshees and sometimes you don't so Wits End gives the same amount of MR) If you don't really need MR, then just sell Brutalizer for Atmas

And your very last item, is highly situational. Mostly it is damage but sometimes it's something defensive like Guardian Angel. However, if it is damage then just build damage like Last Whisper

But to just answer your question: No, I wouldn't use him. Sadly he is bad right now

Dremons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

You are all wrong. To start, you play Xin in the jungle, period. Then, you build him as a tank/tanky on-hit. My build with him is usually Boots&Pots --> Wriggles --> Boots 2 --> Heart of Gold --> Wits End --> Randuins Omen --> Frozen Heart (CDR help with his disruption) --> FoN --> Sell Wriggles for BT/BC/Madreds

This makes Xin both super tanky and super dangerous, as in a teamfights you'll let out your Q 3~4 times on their squishies. Also makes for a good duelist, and with +400 move speed he's also a good chaser. Now go on and lead the charge!