Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pushing Lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RenownLegend

04-24-2012

Every game I play these days, I swear, nobody knows how to push a lane. Everyone is always just running around trying to get a kill and then dying in a team fight. I don't think kills win the game. Either people don't play tutorial, or they are just ignorant and arrogant. I've played super long games before, and when it comes down to the stats, you just have to know how to push towards the turret. Every lost a game becase a teemo or a twitch backdoored all your turrets, or even your nexus? How satisfying is that when you win a hopeless game because you PUSHED TO THE NEXUS?

Riot, please, make videos to educate this dumb community you have created that only focus on "being op" or getting pentakills which they can't.
Make a simple video, maybe, and call it "Basics to PUSHING A LANE".
That would make this game so much better .

defleppardruelz

04-24-2012

actually a lot of times you don't want to push based on the fact that either a) you don't want to be ganked b) there's something more important (dragon, baron) c) you starve the enemy in your lane..if you push to a turret it's a lot easier to farm for most champions.

yes if you have a team fight and get kills without deaths you should push, but there are reasons not to push.

a very nice boy

04-24-2012

I have the opposite problem. In a lot of the games I have, people go full on stupid and split push while the enemy team controls baron and dragon. The entire team will be trying to defend a turret and we have the ambitious idiot pushing first or second tower top while we all get dived and destroyed and lose at least a turret out of it. Last game enemy was going to baron and our Kennen (yes, the one with the AOE damage and stun) decides that this is the time to clear and push bot.

Pushing is ONLY an option if you have ward coverage of gank routes and aren't pushed so far ahead that you can't back off when you see the gank coming in.

Split pushing a tower down is not worth it if you also lose a tower and give up one or two kills. I wish every person who tries to split push would think "well, is my team going to lose a tower and/or suffer deaths?". If you get a tower and the enemy gets a tower and a kill and x number of assists, you just helped them by not being there to help your team and giving a gold advantage. It doesn't matter if it's first turret or not, it is a numbers issue and having an enemy team more fed than yours is not worth the "advantage" (there is none) to having the first tower down unless it's mid.

Pushing should be done at smart times. A lot of times if my team loses bot tower I try to get them to push the mid tower down since a lot of the time the ad carry and support will go back or try for dragon. Depends on the situation though, with respect to dragon/their hp/our positioning.

As well, you should almost never push down the enemy bot tower before 16 minutes. It makes it harder for your carry to farm and easier for your enemy's carry to farm. If you are one of the junglers who "helps" by ganking and then destroying a tower because you think you need the gold, you are doing it wrong.

Madraac

04-26-2012

Thumbs up Santa!!!! It is not about pushing lanes, but it is about when to push lanes. Santa's last paragraph should be near gospel for most players. Yes, there are times when it is advantageous to push earlier, but for the most part, it is about knowing when to push lanes versus when to defend or go after Dragon/Baron.

Icegoten

04-26-2012

It's horrible when your entire team dies 5v4 and there is a teemo or a yi or someone pushing a lane.

ZOMGTURTLE

04-26-2012

Quote:
santa hobofoot:

As well, you should almost never push down the enemy bot tower before 16 minutes. It makes it harder for your carry to farm and easier for your enemy's carry to farm. If you are one of the junglers who "helps" by ganking and then destroying a tower because you think you need the gold, you are doing it wrong.

I agreed completely with everything you said until right here. Sometimes, I agree. Most of the time, however, I find that pushing down that turret early can give a huge advantage. If your team doesn't adjust, yes, it makes it harder on your carry and easier on theirs. As a support, however, I tend to grab an Oracles and start warding more aggressively, as well as moving mid with my AD carry and ganking/destroying mid turret. This gives infinitely more dragon control and some control over the enemy jungler. Also, most ADs don't know how to properly freeze a lane (at least from what I've seen in normals and 1300-1500 ranked) and will get the lane pushing back towards your side, allowing your carry to go back and farm it rather safely (and hopefully freeze it for a while) or to get easy ganks on the enemy AD.

Fluffy1

04-27-2012

essentially the way most games play out is a jungle gank leads to a tower downed then those players all head to mid and push it down then everyone 5 mans the remaining outer tower. after that it just jungle control and pushes are done after successful fights.

the outer towers all seem to be blitzed around the same time