Wukong OP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WindsOfPIague

05-06-2012

my teammate exhausted his clone! OP!!

Keirndmo

05-06-2012

My kayle wasted all her summoner spells and abilities on his clone.
He's not OP people just act idiotic when he's there because of the clone.

Otomegane

05-06-2012

WK is fine IMO

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

05-07-2012

He's fine. Grab a pink ward and kill the see-through monkey instead.

Vashjir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Nice QQ thread noob.
Hey while you're at it, why don't you go QQ about Tryndamere being OP too!
There's just not enough of those threads around.

SaveTheMaids

05-12-2012

Lee Sin, Corki, Riven, Irelia, Jarvan, Shen, Olaf, Poppy, Pantheon, Yorick, Shyvana, Fiddlesticks... just to name a few.

The ones in bold are huge counters. They can punish him for any initiation he makes... ultimate or not. Poppy can cut his burst in half and scales better than he does. He literally can't kill her without his ult + ignite. Lee Sin reveals stealth... and can just zone him all day. Riven outpushes and sustains him once she gets wriggles... and can out-trade him early.

Jarvan is just better in most aspects.
Olaf is better at trading and does true damage.
Pantheon can mess up his combo and punish him for it.
Yorick can punish any initiation Wu makes.
Shyvana is just stronger in every way.
Fiddlesticks can drain him regardless of Decoy.

Also, a good Janna, Lulu, Soraka, Alistar on your team will make his ult pretty meaningless in the mid-late game. They'll just straight up deny his initiation.

Also, Wu doesn't have any innate sustain... and if he goes Brutalizer first then the above champions can simply out-trade him and send him back to his tower/base.

In the jungle, he's easily countered by many popular picks.
In short, He's weak early and has a good mid-late game via the utility of his ult... and he has plenty of counters.

I would say he is balanced.

Vortuka

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
Lee Sin, Corki, Riven, Irelia, Jarvan, Shen, Olaf, Poppy, Pantheon, Yorick, Shyvana, Fiddlesticks... just to name a few.

The ones in bold are huge counters. They can punish him for any initiation he makes... ultimate or not. Poppy can cut his burst in half and scales better than he does. He literally can't kill her without his ult + ignite. Lee Sin reveals stealth... and can just zone him all day. Riven outpushes and sustains him once she gets wriggles... and can out-trade him early.

Jarvan is just better in most aspects.
Olaf is better at trading and does true damage.
Pantheon can mess up his combo and punish him for it.
Yorick can punish any initiation Wu makes.
Shyvana is just stronger in every way.
Fiddlesticks can drain him regardless of Decoy.

Also, a good Janna, Lulu, Soraka, Alistar on your team will make his ult pretty meaningless in the mid-late game. They'll just straight up deny his initiation.

Also, Wu doesn't have any innate sustain... and if he goes Brutalizer first then the above champions can simply out-trade him and send him back to his tower/base.

In the jungle, he's easily countered by many popular picks.
In short, He's weak early and has a good mid-late game via the utility of his ult... and he has plenty of counters.

I would say he is balanced.
What?!?!
Olaf?
Pantheon?
Fiddlesticks?

Are you kidding?
Olaf - Wukong burst/clone, Olaf uses E on Wukong clone, and loses health, plus the burst from Wukong. His Q is hard to aim against a decent player and Wukong not only out-trades him, but also can beat him easily in a one on one.

Pantheon - I don't know how Pantheon counters. He isn't even a good toplane, has a rubbish AoE, is heavily affected by CC and Wukong has a much better skillset and better scaling.

Fiddlsticks - I'm not sure if you were drunk when you posted this or something. Fiddlesticks isn't even in the same league as Wukong. That's an easy win.

Weak early? He has insane early. He can out-trade almost every champion in the league except maybe Poppy and Lee, due to Poppy's passive and Lee's reveal/skillset.

He has unbelievable scaling on his ult, and if built correctly, can tank through an entire team, pop the clone when low, E back into the fray and ult, knocking up 5 members and out damaging almost everything in the game.

Alot of the stuff you said wasn't true nor properly investigated. Try again.

HateDaddy

08-27-2012

Quote:
Olaf - Wukong burst/clone, Olaf uses E on Wukong clone, and loses health, plus the burst from Wukong. His Q is hard to aim against a decent player and Wukong not only out-trades him, but also can beat him easily in a one on one.
First of all, good players won't recklessly attack his clone. It's so obvious when he does it. Wu doesn't even come close to out-trading Olaf. Olaf will out-sustain his damage, bait the clone and true damage him to death. Wu has no sustain and can't match Olaf's burst,

Quote:
Pantheon - I don't know how Pantheon counters. He isn't even a good toplane, has a rubbish AoE, is heavily affected by CC and Wukong has a much better skillset and better scaling.
Probably more of a skill match-up since both have zero sustain. If you're referring to his Heartseeker being "rubbish" then you're crazy. If he does his combo right, heartseeker will do the majority of the damage. And every champion (with the exception of a few) get wrecked by CC. Pantheon is no different. The problem is that Wu doesn't have CC until level 6 so that's out the window. Either way, Wu just has to avoid trading early and he'll begin to win exchanges by about level 12 or so when Pantheon begins to disappear if not fed.

Quote:
Fiddlsticks - I'm not sure if you were drunk when you posted this or something. Fiddlesticks isn't even in the same league as Wukong. That's an easy win.
Yeah, not entirely sure where Fiddle came from here. Fiddle drains twice and is out of mana. It's why he can't really top lane effectively. This should actually be an easy win for Wu.

Quote:
Weak early? He has insane early. He can out-trade almost every champion in the league except maybe Poppy and Lee, due to Poppy's passive and Lee's reveal/skillset.
His early-game damage is respectable but no, he can't out-trade almost every champion. And even then, a good top laner will know of his sustain issues and make him burn out all of his sustain (mana and potions) and just bully him from there. He counters some champions but there's no reason to really pick him since other champions do it better.

His late game is good and has awesome teamfight presence but it's so easy to deny him during laning phase. In short, he's a good champion with a nice kit but his lack of sustain murders him during laning phase.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Singed and, moreso my favourite, Darius destroy him. That Q will still hit him when he clones and you can still pull him in when he clones.... That clone becomes effectively useless against Darius.

MlgProIndian

08-27-2012

As a fellow Wukong player, he is definitely not op. HE NEEDS A BUFF. You can kinda tell when he's gonna pop the clone. He will do nimbus strike and then use crushing blow. If he is attacked and severly damaged, he will back off and if u see there are multiple pathways for him to escape, he will definitely pop his clone to juke u out. Try to avoid having to pick fights with him in those places. Olaf can definitely beat him 1v1 in lane. I've been having trouble going against Garen and Darius(DARIUS IS OP, WHY NO NERF?!)
So in general, watch how he plays. If he goes aggresive on yo a$$, then just simply auto-atk/use ability. If he just stops completely, then he cloned out(early game). A bad Wukong will initiate first with his ult, so u know he's going to clone and back off. Umm, idk if this whole thing makes sense, but yeah hopefully u get the point. You can add me in LoL (username is MlgProIndian). Reply if ur having problems..