Teemo Ap/Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Río De Rodriguez

04-24-2012

So ya... after the new patch, i was thinking of playing more teemo now a days...
anwyays, question is, should i be playing him pure ad/ap/hybrid? My 1600 friend told me to only play him AD but somehow i feel like if you play him hybrid (Deathcaps/IE/..., Ad/ap items) It's still viable.. when i do ranked the only teemo's i see go AP... so im not sure which is the best build..
any advice?

Eaglesfan427

04-24-2012

Generally speaking i play him as an Attack speed oriented Hybrid with a host of on hit effects. I start with Dorans blade, which i follow up with mercury treads. Then i get Malady, Wits end, and Phage. After Phage I get madreds bloodrazor and build Phage into Frozen Mallet. From there i either go bloodthirster if im fed or guardians angel if im just having an average game. This build gives you something like 2.1 attacks/second as well as a ton of on hit effects. I find that the frozen mallet, mercury treads, and guardian angel help a lot when dealing with being squishy (you end up with over 3k hp)

Dovah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

my builds a little like eagles fan. I start with dorans blade, and depending on how much gold I have before returning to base for first time I will either buy a Bfs if I did well in lane, or just start building towards greaves/treads(depending on enemy cc capabilities). After that I build a malady, then wits, then phage.

so up to now I have at best conditions

-bfs
-greaves/treads
-malady
-wits
-phage

If the other team is tanky, I will build madreds and continue the magic damage onslaught your getting with 3 items and an ability. If theyre not tanky and actually quite squishy, I build a gunblade since not only are you getting life steal off basic attacks, but also the magic damage from the items and your E. It also has a nice slow that when combined with phage, will practically gurantee a kill unless the y use flash creatively. Finally I will finish with either the IE or bloodthirster. Ill get the BT if I dont build the gunblade and the IE if I do build it.

To finish the build i would then finish FM

so basically you have

BT/IE
Greaves/Treads
Frozen Mallet
Wits
Malady
Gunblade/Madreds

but please, for the love of god, dont build him ap or with ap items like rabadon. Sure you do a lot of damage with shrooms, but if someone gets oracles, youre essentially useless.

AJStarhiker

04-24-2012

If I put AP on Teemo, it's usually an item that pairs with AS and/or an on-hit effect. It gives him a lot of flexibility.

Of course, I like mushrooming the jungle, so I usually include cooldown reduction, as well

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

Your best options, sadly, is tanky DPS. Early Phage and Wits End. In fact, the core items are basically Wits End and Frozen Mallet. Grab Atmas or other tanky DPS gear, and go eat a ton of damage because you have tiny little range, and do a lot of damage because of your poison.

Alternately, you can build him phys style tanky DPS and rush Frozen Mallet and Atmas, grabbing a Phantom or two and an IE eventually.

slimjimo10

04-24-2012

On-hit teemo:

Doran's Blade
Malady
Mercury Treads
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Madred's Bloodrazer

Fluffyknowsyou

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
On-hit teemo:

Doran's Blade
Malady
Mercury Treads
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Madred's Bloodrazer
This,but you can get boots of lucidity for cdr if you want to abuse shrooms more often.

Atacand

04-24-2012

From personal experience, teemo has a hidden global taunt passive. In team fights, people always seem to abuse teemo. Playing with that in mind, it would be wise to build tankier items as opposed to offensive items. If you want to play glass cannon style teemo, you might as well just play another top laner since there are better picks in that regard.

My prefered build order

boots + 3 pots
Wriggle's
Phage
Merc treads
frozen mallet
wits end
(after this the build becomes situational)

This build is based on the assumption that you are COUNTERPICKING your opponent (melee based character with weak gap or no gap closers). It gives you decent harassing power without being overly squishy.Consider building into more defensive items after wits as you will be the primary focus in most teamfights (people always want a piece of that teemo so use that to your advantage!). The more time people spend stomping on teemo means that your team has a opportunity to take down priority targets.

However...

Being a Teemo fan it pains me to admit it but Teemo simply isn't a good overall pick for any lane. He fits in a very specific niche where he really shines but once outside that zone... he is at a disadvantage.

LegitKajit

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS530 View Post
my builds a little like eagles fan. I start with dorans blade, and depending on how much gold I have before returning to base for first time I will either buy a Bfs if I did well in lane, or just start building towards greaves/treads(depending on enemy cc capabilities). After that I build a malady, then wits, then phage.

so up to now I have at best conditions

-bfs
-greaves/treads
-malady
-wits
-phage

If the other team is tanky, I will build madreds and continue the magic damage onslaught your getting with 3 items and an ability. If theyre not tanky and actually quite squishy, I build a gunblade since not only are you getting life steal off basic attacks, but also the magic damage from the items and your E. It also has a nice slow that when combined with phage, will practically gurantee a kill unless the y use flash creatively. Finally I will finish with either the IE or bloodthirster. Ill get the BT if I dont build the gunblade and the IE if I do build it.

To finish the build i would then finish FM

so basically you have

BT/IE
Greaves/Treads
Frozen Mallet
Wits
Malady
Gunblade/Madreds

but please, for the love of god, dont build him ap or with ap items like rabadon. Sure you do a lot of damage with shrooms, but if someone gets oracles, youre essentially useless.
not sure if troll or jsut stupid

just go hybrid tank bro you will pwn teh nubs

this build pwns his noob build

Boots of Swiftness (troll hard with the movement spped LOL!)
Wriggles Lantern (free wards ftw?)
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer
Phantom Dancer (3x phantoms for 90% crit chance and never dying because no noobs can catch you when you have 600 movement speed!!!1)

Río De Rodriguez

04-25-2012

Haha thanks for the replies guys! Going to try some of'em and see if i can carry my self out of elo hell lmao... :P almost 200 games of ranked played and still hovering around 1250 D:
but ya... thanks for the advice! just played a couple games of pure ap teemo and it seems to scale off so hard late game... even with around 450 AP he aint that viable i realized... :/