question on the importance of dragon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Academ

04-23-2012

Recently my team has been split on the issue of how important dragon is. I maintain that if it is up, we must get it. they say that it is more of luxery and should only be picked up when the game is in the bag (essentially they're stuck in their base). Are they right? if they are wrong, some general dragon tips should be appreciated, as well as a way to convince my team dragon is worth doing, even if we are losing. Thanks for the responce

VengeanceLX

04-23-2012

you should always get dragon when theres an opportunity, eg one of the enemy is dead or its not warded. It gives 280+ gold to every member of the team + 25 gold to the person who killed it. Thats almost 2 towers in money. Ofcourse theres the buff it gives too. Sometimes though, you just have to ward 24/7 and wait for the enemy team to engage and try to surprise them from the bush and ace them. It would turn into a 4v3 if the dragons attacking your enemy.

Ffej

04-23-2012

Dragon is 840 gold for your team along with a strong buff. It is very essential if you want to get a leg up on the other team. You should always have it warded as soon as it is able to be killed and you definitely should kill it whenever you can.

BaBeeQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Dragon is really important.
Its simple tell your team that dragon is the same as getting a kill for each player.

lirm

04-23-2012

clearing dragon, along with clearing ALL jungle mobs, wins TT. The team that does not control the jungle either has to derp their game, or just suck completely to lose.

Lemming

04-23-2012

The only time I would ever not contest or take a dragon that was up would be if a key tower is being pushed. Even then, I would try to contest it with 2 members.

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-24-2012

If you get every dragon and red buff there is no possible way you should lose unles teh other team is way way way better then you.

If you get first blood + first dragon chances are you got the win

Luego

04-24-2012

Dragon buff is %damage to your team, as in 18% extra damage at lvl 18. Phenomenal.

The gold is huge . As someone said, it's almost the same gold as an ace. And if you don't get it, they will. So call that a 2-ace differential. Your team doesn't think that's a worthy objective?

Koldheartedjsp

04-24-2012

dragon is more important than your 475 starting gold

DCTSXNoobs

04-24-2012

I play with somebody im related too okay lets justsay it my dad. And he is always Jax. HE gets the drag lvl 8. and everysecond it comes back he takes it. SO we always get it and the other team doesnt. Drag is way important. But Lizard may be better I think with that slowing people on basic hits