Counter: Solo top Rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falseshadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Looking for a decent counter against Rumble. I've had a few dealings with him and most of them turn out poorly on my part, but it's mostly because I'm not sure HOW to deal with him.

What I need are not just champion suggestions, but some details on effective strategies and playstyles that work well against this mechanized menace.

Zayith

04-23-2012

Most of Rumble's damage is Magical. A simple counter would be to build Magic Resist. Other then that you would have to get advice from other players.

an actual dog

04-23-2012

Renekton can burst him down early on, and he can dash out of his flamethrower

Cenerae

04-23-2012

Rumble crumples when dealing with champions that can hit him hard early game. He wants to chase you around with Flamespitter for harrass. If he's scared of you then he can't do this properly and becomes weak.

Champs like Renekton, Kayle and Olaf can give him a really hard time if played well. Other heavy harrassers should be able to beat him down as well. And if you can't do that, then you can try to stack MR and just sustain through his damage (Warwick, Udyr). Trying to sustain through his damage isn't garunteed to actually work, though.

You'll still need to watch it at level 6 though, his ult really hurts if you get caught in it.

Martyrofsand

04-23-2012

Riven is good if you know how to use her dash to jump around him and avoid his flame thrower while landing your passives and other skills. You can negate a lot of damage and witha Dorans blade and the right talents at lvl 1 you drop to him to less than 100 HP with one cycle of your Q and auto attacks in between.

Uhai

04-23-2012

Galio. Rumble just can't really hurt him.. especially if you take a point in bulwark early and have mr runes + null mantle

Stiler

Recruiter

04-24-2012

Riven, Garen (my fav, very easy to counter rumble with), Lee Sin, and Ahri.

Paradoliak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

I've seen Nautilus destroy Rumble top, never would have suspected it.

Urek Mazin0

04-24-2012

i've hear the most common counter is wukong, tho i could see renek and olaf (not so sure about olaf unless you get help before 6) working out as well.
A good irelia works 2 i think, not entirely sure tho.

junseii

04-24-2012

my personal favorites are riven and garen with first item hexdrinker.

Both of these champions can do high early damage and are naturally tanky, leaving most rumbles unsure of what to do when their abilities don't 100 to 0 their opponent.

Also just building mr and mitigating rumble's damage will make the common rumble get sloppy, and you'll more than likely get the first kill on them 1v1 because most rumbles think they're invincible top lane.