Ranked Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChunkyBarf

04-23-2012

Hey guys, I've been playing league for a while now and I was trying to think of ways to improve ranked games (solo/duo).

I was thinking that we can create a "profile" where we indicate our top two or three roles. ex support, AD carry etc. When we choose to go in queue, the matchmaking system takes this into consideration and puts together a team where players can have a higher chance of playing their favoured role. This would allow more competitive gameplay in my opinion. If not a profile, the matchmaking system could look at our past games and see what role we play most often and put together a better team.

My reason for this suggestion: I am currently hovering around 1500 elo and have encountered too many people who get stuck with roles they are not comfortable with and end up feeding. This basically means luck plays a part in how high of an elo you can achieve.

What do you guys think?

TheDarkofLight

04-23-2012

I think this is a great idea!
Except...
The matchmaking would take years

ChunkyBarf

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkofLight View Post
I think this is a great idea!
Except...
The matchmaking would take years
LOL well in lower elo's, there are a LOT of players so it wouldn't be that long imo, but at elos like 2000 it WOULD take hours since it already takes 30 mins for them to queue up. So at higher elos, i say the matchmaking system should be more "lenient"

ChunkyBarf

04-24-2012

Bump

Lerry the Lebster

04-24-2012

I feel like solo queue should reward players are proficient at playing all the roles. This would slow down matchmaker and I do no want.

ChunkyBarf

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
I feel like solo queue should reward players are proficient at playing all the roles. This would slow down matchmaker and I do no want.
True, but then if you get a person on your team who is absolute trash at certain roles, then you pretty much lose. Which leads back to the "luck" factor