What the hell? This elo stuff is messed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

04-23-2012

So I recently find out that leaving ranked Queues due to afk players or trolls counts as a loss. Wasn't even a warning in the box that says you will be banned for 5 minutes.

So I get into a game today and win and I get 5 elo points? What the hell is up with that? It was a 30+ minute game and I didn't do awful considering we had two players fighting for top lane so I had no support bot. I am getting irritated.

I brought my elo from 810 to 893 this weekend, leave two queues unknowingly and I am down to 866 and then I win and I am up 5 points? Someone enlighten me how this system works.

ZBuZ

04-23-2012

you lose 10 elo every time you dodge so try to avoid dodging even if you think your team are trolls. and the +5 i think is because you probably played with people at a lower elo but im not to sure on that

Dane Belthound

04-23-2012

I am mostly concerned about the +5 elo. I understand the dodging rules now and will just suck it up as much as I disagree with it. I think you should get at least one pass a day to avoid those crappy battles. But whatever. I typically gain and lose between 15-17. Never seen a 5.

GhostDonkeys

04-23-2012

I'm not completely sure about the 5 elo thing; but if I had to guess, when you play with people with higher elo on your team you get less for winning. At least that makes sense.

Alamander

04-23-2012

This could also have been when servers were interrupted. If they had pressed the button all Elo gains are halfed.

That stated, loss's are also forgiven to the losing team --- This system instability occured a few days ago and may be the source of your problem.