Is There Any Support BESIDES...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kr0ze

04-24-2012

Whats point of Nasus if he isn't a threat.

Fluffyknowsyou

04-24-2012

@op
Gangplank can be a pressure support and has lots of synergy with the gp10 items which he can build into off tank items.

Blitzcrank is an amazing support, don't know how you missed him

Lerry the Lebster

04-24-2012

Zilean is a somewhat viable support. harass, speed buff, slow, and life saving ultimate.

Nautilus can be played as one but I've never seen it work well.

Blitz is an extremely viable support.

Ryze can be okay. Strong poke, reliable snare, and his mana items are pretty cheap so he can operate decently with no cs.

That being said, of all the one's I've mentioned, Blitz is the only one I wouldn't label as a "normal mode" support. They are fun, but the more contemporary supports generally bring more to the table.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

I'm actually know in my circle for support Annie. Why Annie? Her auto attack has longer range than Ashe for harass, her q has solid range for stepping out of the bush and tossing fireballs. She has a stun for ganks and lane fights. And she brings a long range AoE stun to the team. Essentially, you play a gimicy kill lane at bottom.

Oh, and at 6 you get a guarnteed kill in your lane unless something goes horribly, horribly wrong.

TheRealTouche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

support galio FTW

SirTimbo

04-24-2012

Support Garen.

Ultimate bush control.

Bad Morde Bot

04-24-2012

Garen
Lux
Galio
Orianna

can definitively be support and be effective about it. Also, most tanks can be support because they usually have CC.

I mean, look, to be a support you should have some of the following:

- Heal
- Shield
- Movement speed + / or other buffs that are useful
- CC

If your champion has at least two of them I think it can be played as support. I won't say they will be totally effective, though.

SirTimbo

04-24-2012

There are counter supports.

Support garen will counter all the melee supports and the non kite ranged supports but is countered by kiting supports like janna and nunu.

Blitzcrank support is strong if you can land the grabs, otherwise he's a really weak leona, blitzcrank gets countered by comps that can either dodge his grabs (janaa/mf combo for MS) or escape them easily (corki and ezreal).

Ashe support is great against the standard supports as her poke is better than their sustain, but loses out against aggressive supports like blitz and leona who can nullify her range.

GoldenTakeshi

05-10-2012

There are a lot of champs that can "support" bot lane.
Amongst them are:

Singed: slow+throw
Volibear: same as above
Maokai: stun+knockback/slow+self healing
Nidalee: heal+traps+spear for dmg
Blitz: Grab+knockup

There are a lot more, but you get the idea. Basically, anyone *can* support, just some do it better than others.

werelobster

05-10-2012

Gangplank can be played as a support in the same way that nunu can.