[Champion Suggestion] Braun, the Fist of Steel.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweaterPuppiez

08-11-2010

This would be a character similar to Corki in both lore and dynamic, except he's essentially a battle tank.

He can either be built as a tank, or as a ranged dps, and his unique attribute can be that he converts armor into a percentage of health.

His level one spells can be armor piercing rounds, explosive rounds, and deploy smoke.

Armor Piercing Rounds - Braun loads an armor piercing shell, doing damage to a single target and shattering its armor by 50% for 4 seconds.

Explosive Rounds - Braun loads a round that does area affect damage, doing damage to targets within a small radius.

Deploy Smoke - Braun releases a smoke canister concealing his tank from enemy champions and minions for 4 seconds, reducing the chance that he is hit by 80% for the duration.

His level six spell, Calliope, can be a barrage of rockets launched in a target area, that not only does damage in the area that it is launched in, but stuns targets for the duration. Level 1 could be four rockets, level 2 could be six rockets, and level 3 could be eight rockets. Each rocket does roughly 50 physical damage, not to mention all of Braun's abilities do physical damage.

One of his skins could be the Black Baron, which could be drawn after a Tiger tank of WWII, or even a King Tiger.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

hmm the brown fist of steel huh

i wonder where his hands have been

SweaterPuppiez

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
hmm the brown fist of steel huh

i wonder where his hands have been
Haha I wonder... xD

Declipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Inate: Armor into HP percentage. Unless negligible, this is a really strong inate - REALLY strong.

Skill 1: Sounds like a fair tank-breaker, although a lower percentage might be better.
Skill 2: Pretty generic AoE.
Skill 3: Terrible stealth. 4 seconds, and you're already stealthed- why the miss chance?
Skill 4: Another AoE damage, with stun.

Overall:
Only the first skill is interesting, otherwise you have made a frankenstein.
Skills don't synergize at all and seem to repeat. Some don't match the story and barely add enough to the character.

Conclusion:
Redo. Keep your inate though.

Caspar

08-11-2010

I kinda like how this champ is sounding, he will rape**** in battles even though he's a tank.

His passive is insane and I cannot see him as a ranged dps, this is the ultimate tank, much better than any tank in the game.

Riot should make this champion or something similar, I would love to use him.

SweaterPuppiez

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declipse View Post
Inate: Armor into HP percentage. Unless negligible, this is a really strong inate - REALLY strong.

Skill 1: Sounds like a fair tank-breaker, although a lower percentage might be better.
Skill 2: Pretty generic AoE.
Skill 3: Terrible stealth. 4 seconds, and you're already stealthed- why the miss chance?
Skill 4: Another AoE damage, with stun.

Overall:
Only the first skill is interesting, otherwise you have made a frankenstein.
Skills don't synergize at all and seem to repeat. Some don't match the story and barely add enough to the character.

Conclusion:
Redo. Keep your inate though.
Hmm, well skill 3 isn't a stealth, the character is still able to be targetted but he's just harder to hit during the duration. Like if you were to fire into the smoke, you have an 80% chance of missing the target, but he is still hittable, just like the tanks in WWII. It was an escape, but it didn't make them completely not hittable, there was always the chance they could still be hit.

Though I do agree some of the skills are a bit generic, feel free to offer up suggestions, but if I were to add anything, I'd probably edit the skills in question this way:

Skill 2 - Loads the round, single targets a unit, and damages all units in the surrounding area with flaming shrapnel, and also puts them into a daze which slows there movement for 2 seconds.

Skill 4 - I'm not sure how to redo without making it stupidly overpowered, or extremely boring, the general idea is adopted from the Calliope mounted Sherman tank of WWII, which is essentially a multi-rocket launcher attached to the turret of the tank.

A lot of what tanks used to perform is already in use in other characters, i.e. Powerball for Rammus is similar to how tanks used to ram into each other in big battles, one such example is Kursk.

I mean, for level 6, we could do something like "Pedal to the Metal" for his ultimate, which increases his speed to 30%, 10% every second from activating the ult, and if you ram a target Braun fires a tank shell into the core of the champion knocking him back, as well as doing 150/225/300 physical damage upon impact.

The Magical Pig

08-12-2010

his passive is insane? if its done right then its not op at all, but aparently you're all forgetting heros like akali who's passive gives her more magic damage for ap and her abilities can heal her? and thats not op?

or how about xins passive or galios passive? the bane of all casters being galio.

or maybe kennens passive or annies passive that can stuff or malzahar that can spawn a minion.

you're just complaining its op cause you're a noob

ArmyofAncients

08-12-2010

really..........name a character that doesn't have generic aoe.......i mean...this character idea is one of the most uniquely set up champs i have seen in a while........to declipse^

SweaterPuppiez

08-12-2010

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'd personally love to see a hero like this in variation to Corki, it be a cool lane partner to have, and a pretty unique tank for the game.

SweaterPuppiez

08-13-2010

Actually, to drop the generic AoE, Skill 2 can be as follows:

Deterrence - Braun fires a synchronized wave of air born mines a short distance surrounding his tank, damaging anyone near the blasts on detonation, and knocking them away a short distance as well.

And for the sake of balance, Braun's attacks should not do a crazy amount of damage unless you build him as a ranged dps, like Corki.