Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Requesting LoL Client For MAC.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mumj9

04-23-2012

First of all, i along with so many mac users play league of legends on an unofficial lol client which is a bit annoying as its not giving mac users the results they would like to get for playing lol. This game has become very popular and popular games as you know should have clients on all or at least the most popular operating systems. and i know that many people would say try boot camp or change your operating system or install a windows on mac but i don't think it's right to change the whole operating system for a game when the game can add a client to be used on the other operating systems. So isn't it the time yet? Riot got a lot of mac users that want to play league of legends on an official client of riot. Me personally have been facing lots of problems trying to play lol on third party lol clients. i and of course all other mac users really want to play lol without the problem of boot camping the system just for 1 purpose.
Don't you think it's too much boot camping a system just to play lol? Hope you guys realize that it's already time for releasing a lol mac client.
Thank you for your time.

And as James Madison, Jr. said
“In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of
the minority”

To get this done, We need the help of everyone. Not only mac users but also all windows users.

EDIT: Getting down voted for suggesting a good project for mac users which doesn't affect windows users at anything really shows what type of community we should deal with.

EDIT 2: iLol is Currently Down After Spectators Patch , and boompje is trying to fix the problem,and he is trying to contact Riot to help him, how hard he is working just to make the client work and people can play Legaue of legends on mac without a problem.

EDIT3: Thanks for the support people Hopefully a rioter will give his/her views about this request.

EDIT4: Right now iLol bugs and you get kicked out of the game if you continue playing for about 20 mins. Boompje is doing a great job but he can't really make a stable client. (22 June 2012 )

EDIT5: After jayce's patch, the champion and towers etc are invisible and thats the latest bug in Boompje's client.

DH264

04-23-2012

I Play League of Legends on Windows and i totally agree with this to help other people playing League of legends Officially on MAC

Mad Hit Monkey

04-23-2012

iLoL (http://www.boompje.net).
You're welcome.

It's unofficial, but it's your only answer, because Riot isn't developing the mac version, at least for the foreseeable future.

Razlaghul

04-23-2012

I am for a mac client all the way, more players the better.

but I have to say that there is a difference between rights and privileges man

DH264

04-23-2012

Quote:
HitMonkey:
iLoL (http://www.boompje.net).
You're welcome.

It's unofficial, but it's your only answer, because Riot isn't developing the mac version, at least for the foreseeable future.

That's a third party league of legends app O.o ! it has alot of bugs and problems

Mirror

04-23-2012

Why do people still call it MAC?

Downvotes because I ask a question no one knows the answer to?

Mumj9

04-23-2012

Quote:
Razlaghul:
I am for a mac client all the way, more players the better.

but I have to say that there is a difference between rights and privileges man

The best quote i could find :P

Mad Hit Monkey

04-23-2012

Quote:
DH264:
That's a third party league of legends app O.o ! it has alot of bugs and problems

Yes it does, but it's the best/only one out there. It functions, you can play the game, you can have fun.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

DH264

04-23-2012

Quote:
HitMonkey:
Yes it does, but it's the best/only one out there. It functions, you can play the game, you can have fun.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Dude. iLol has alot of bugs and problems after every patch it crash and sometimes when you first enter a game it will crash and will result in leaving the game he may get banned for leaving the game not on purpose......

SwiftSwrd

04-23-2012

Boot camp. Or dual boot windows. Or stop giving Apple money when they're charging you roughly twice the cost of the actual hardware for their prebuilt machines. Only other prebuilt dealer that does that is Alienware.