Hidden Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

05-05-2012

lolmatches.com uses the lolnotes engine. Checking now if it's indeed no longer operational.

And yes AC, you have to use their client. Same for lolnotes.

DiscworldDeath

05-05-2012

Just checked. Lolnotes still works.

Did you run it in Ranked, where they did disable enemy team Elos before, or a bot-game?

Risemix

05-05-2012

Nope, I ran it during a dominion normal. Every team mate's rank was reported as 0.

DiscworldDeath

05-05-2012

Weird, try contacting high6, the lolnotes developer. Might be something to be found in the log files.

Risemix

05-05-2012

Also, lolmatches doesn't seem to help you unless you're top 100 ranked. I'm certainly not but I'd like to know my hidden elo regardless.

Anyway, I'll try contacting him thanks.

Risemix

05-05-2012

here's a screenshot btw.

hard to see but if you squint you can see queueRating as 0.

DiscworldDeath

05-05-2012

Lolmatches does help you when you're not top 100. It might help reading the thread on the forum

There's a search function on the right. Play a game with the client running, and you'll see your Elo on your profile.

N1ghtmareC1nema

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Also, lolmatches doesn't seem to help you unless you're top 100 ranked. I'm certainly not but I'd like to know my hidden elo regardless.

Anyway, I'll try contacting him thanks.
There is a search bar on the right at the website.

Ahhhh Crap

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
lolmatches.com uses the lolnotes engine. Checking now if it's indeed no longer operational.

And yes AC, you have to use their client. Same for lolnotes.
so why do people talk about ELO as if everyones got it (or rather, as if everyones was non-hidden)? If only those with clients can tell...arent they just comparing against each other who's got the client? I know I'm just missing something here, thanks for clearing it up!

DiscworldDeath

05-05-2012

1. Everyone has Elo, it's hidden normally.
2. The client is a tool to discover what Elo you and everyone else who has played with people with the client has.
3. JabeBot used to be able to see every person's Elo. Had 400k people's scores by the time it stopped retrieving Elos.

And higher Elo people tend to get the client, or play against people with the client. And we know what we had from JabeBot days.