this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ldSk00ls

04-22-2012

this game is ridiculous!! i am farely new and all there is negative stuff on here and if you ask a player to stop either side of what they ARE doing they say they dont care its a Alt account NOT THEYRE MAIN one, i think if they abuse game on a alt then main should be punished for offfense also if not many will quit here as im so close to doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST game i have been on for abuse and lack of ingame support

TwistWrist

04-22-2012

Meh, happens in a lot of games. At least LoL has some systems in place to deal with it.

November Anon

04-22-2012

First of all, please drop the whole "I speak for everyone when I say this" act. Many people thoroughly enjoy this game, and if you are not one of them then more power to you if you quit.

Secondly, you're pretty low level so you're in smurf (our slang term for an alternate account) territory. Keep playing games - at around level 15 or so you should be matched up to a point where smurfs are rare and you should be matched with legitimate players. Also, you can't really ban main accounts of smurfs, as the only way to do so would be through IP-banning, which punishes game-houses (where there may only be one smurf but a total of five or ten players), and it doesn't punish smurfs who know how to change their IP address (which, trust me, most people on the internet know how). Simply because smurf accounts are completely independent of mains (e-mail, name, pass, etc.), it's impossible to trace main accounts and punish them for smurfing.

Unknown Menace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldSk00ls View Post
this game is ridiculous!! i am farely new and all there is negative stuff on here and if you ask a player to stop either side of what they ARE doing they say they dont care its a Alt account NOT THEYRE MAIN one, i think if they abuse game on a alt then main should be punished for offfense also if not many will quit here as im so close to doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST game i have been on for abuse and lack of ingame support
Just to let you know, riot has some of the BEST in-game support I have EVER seen in ANY game company. Comparing to nexon..a million times better, and either rivals or surpasses blizzard. Secondly, after a few more matches you'll get paired with normal people and the smurfs will be less frequent, the gaming experience gets better, if people are bugging you, mute your chat with the /ignore function. Also, Riot's staff are also some of the most interactive with the community, if you check the general discussion (and even in here every so often) you see "reds" (i.e, riot employees) responding to threads asking about stuff, or trying to give us hints on info and discuss champion balances and all kinds of things! Infact there's even someone looking into match-making problems (a red named Lyte).

I'd be careful about what community you're trash talking bro, we may be vicious, but the staff at riot are pretty legit.

Pisdov

04-22-2012

I'm fairly new, but I haven't yet seen a problem in this game that doesn't exist in any other online game I've ever played in regards to trolls and bad manners.

People act out on the internet, that's just the way it is. Ignore them, report them, and move on. It's not worth getting upset.

Leib Olmai

04-22-2012

Welcome to PvP games.

November Anon

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
Welcome to PvP games.
More like welcome to the Internet.

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Menace View Post
Just to let you know, riot has some of the BEST in-game support I have EVER seen in ANY game company. Comparing to nexon..a million times better, and either rivals or surpasses blizzard. Secondly, after a few more matches you'll get paired with normal people and the smurfs will be less frequent, the gaming experience gets better, if people are bugging you, mute your chat with the /ignore function. Also, Riot's staff are also some of the most interactive with the community, if you check the general discussion (and even in here every so often) you see "reds" (i.e, riot employees) responding to threads asking about stuff, or trying to give us hints on info and discuss champion balances and all kinds of things! Infact there's even someone looking into match-making problems (a red named Lyte).

I'd be careful about what community you're trash talking bro, we may be vicious, but the staff at riot are pretty legit.
Dat Nexon support. Submitted a ticket on October 29th, still waiting on it (pretty much gave up now).

1nkBl0t

04-22-2012

Hmm.. Idunno. How do you approach your games? I always make sure to say hi, GLHF, tell people when they're doing well.. say GG no matter how rageguy face you are. Most people respond pretty positively. =)

FurySK

04-23-2012

alt trolling/smurfing goes all the way up now since most senior members here have leveled i guess.

It goes all the way up thru at least 20. My advice is either farm and work on your items order or what i tend to do is watch the tv and click around for a while, occasionally getting involved. If neither suits you, probably worth finding somewhere else to spend you free time, it'll take ~3-4 weeks to get thru the non-sense. Whats worse is when you ask the other team to report those who do the feeding route, you get slammed and they don't end up reporting anything. I've probably gotten more people suggesting they'd report me instead of just answering with a 'will do' and doing the right thing.