Looking for a ganking hero.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevourOne

08-11-2010

I have a tank hero that i enjoy, but I'm looking for a gank hero now, can anyone suggest one? thats viable endgame as well.

Chief Wheen

08-11-2010

Shaco all the way(if he doesnt get baned like in most ranked games).
go straight for red buff and get the health/damage elixir with some pots.
i almost ALWAYS get first blood, and possibly double kill. then i build berserkers and bloodrazors. (people will tell you berserkers aren't worth it but they seen to work good with me and i never tried anything else)
then get attack speed iteam, and all sunfires depending on if there an all DPS team.
this spanks sooo hard.

Fallen 62

08-11-2010

Akali, Annie, Shaco, Warwick, Kat, and a few more.

Depends on how much ganking you will do, and if you're ganking someone more at full health than half dead. I like Akali for a ganker/chaser, but she's more situational and a much better chaser IMHO.

DevourOne

08-11-2010

Hm, what are the chances of Shaco being banned and why would he be banned in the first place?.

I tried annie before never really thought of her as a gank but i probably played her wrong xD

I wouldnt mind trying akali and kat tho, played against them, they seemed to dominate pretty hard.

Fallen 62

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevourOne View Post
Hm, what are the chances of Shaco being banned and why would he be banned in the first place?.

I tried annie before never really thought of her as a gank but i probably played her wrong xD

I wouldnt mind trying akali and kat tho, played against them, they seemed to dominate pretty hard.
Shaco is banned in almost every ranked match because he's pretty much broken and considered OP.

Annie is an amazing ganker, but you need to learn to control her stuns and when to use them. Watch the counter of her charges, and make sure to drop a Tibbers for an AoE stun and massive damage when she is energized.

Akali and Kat are pretty good, but you need to know what you're doing with them. Kat can be absolutely devastating, and Akali can kick your ass in a heartbeat. You just need to figure out how to play them well and they can really change the way a game goes. Kat, however, is a bit more valuable in a team fight than Akali, so keep that in mind as well.

PardonMySwag

08-11-2010

Quote:
but they seen to work good with me and i never tried anything else
This is your problem.

Berserker Greaves are quite possibly one of the top worst item's in LoL. Even worse for shaco. If you also have not tried other boots, how would you know? Also, attack speed is terrible on basically every champion. Try using your setup at high elo and watch as you get destroyed.

Sure you're going to be hitting fast, but when you hit for nothing it's pointless.

Now for the OP.

Shaco is a great ganker, just don't use his build. Akali is a great second choice too, shes the perfect counter carry. Katarina is alright, but she has no real way to escape or initiate.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

More specifics pl0x!

Most any nuke caster champion can fit the role of "gank hero that's viable endgame as well", except Ryze possibly.

Here are some champions that come to my mind:
-- Annie
-- Anivia
-- Fiddlesticks
-- Warwick (will need a good team)
-- Twitch (super squishy, protection from the team is recommended)
-- Shaco
-- Kassadin (countering champion)
-- Xin Zhao
-- Ezreal (best AD carry, and he has an escape)
-- Katarina (not very good against CCers)

Certain sufficiently fed champions like AP Sion can also ruin a squishy champion's day.

The main problem with many champions that can gank very well is that they're squishy. There's countless possible accomplice gank champs. I'm sure other people can give more suggestions for what you're looking for.

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonMySwag View Post
This is your problem.

Also, attack speed is terrible on basically every champion.
This is BS and you know it.....................

If I am running a back door TF, you tell me it is bad?

If the shaco is able to escape with deceive all the time, wats the point of a survival item? lol..................highly doubt that it is possible though....

But ya...dont get bersker greves on shaco..

Fallen 62

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonMySwag View Post
Katarina is alright, but she has no real way to escape or initiate.
She actually has a better means of escape than Akali, since Kat can blink to friendlies and enemies alike, whereas Akali can only hit enemies. Akali can "initiate" from a further distance with her blink, but Kat can "initiate" with hers too. Truth be told, if you're initiating with either one of those two, you're either completely and totally fed beyond belief, or you're doing something wrong.

DevourOne

08-11-2010

Hm so many good heros its hard to choose xD . But I'm thinking Kat, I just played against her, and her whirling death attack or w.e it is decimated a lot of my team.