Playing against Mordenkaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graystyle

08-11-2010

I'd have to say the number thing that wrecks my Morde's day is gonna have to be stuns.

A team of stunners make it a little rough, granted I do invest in Mercury Treads if that happens. I'll agree with constantly harassing him away from your creeps. Too many get scared of my Siphon so they just hug the tower instead of trying drop me down, so by level 4 I'm ready to wreck havoc with no resistance met.

Dissonance119

08-11-2010

Thanks guys, I was treating him like any other tank. I'll keep this in mind.
Woe to my next opponent!

That said, as Sivir, I'll keep my distance. Morde smells bad... :P

Ult

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2010

Mordekaiser is hard to kill if played right but unfortunately doesn't do much damage until later in the game. So take advantage of that. His AoE is good and can be used on dps so watch out for that. I think everything else was pretty much covered so... yeah XD

CursingLlama

08-11-2010

Some of the best ways to get info on the enemy... read their guides. I just posted a new Mordekaiser guide with most of my tricks in it.

exploding5heep

08-11-2010

The trick to shutting down morde is to throw him off his "groove". A solid stun right as he runs towards a creep wave allows you to burst before his shield gets charged up. When the stun ends it he will siphon, but the damage has been done. Doing that allows you to wear his hp down. Early game morde doesn't have enough regen to heal while casting, so he will gradually lose hp. Eventually on one of these runs the morde will get spooked and back out of the wave. As a result he won't get to charge his shield before the creeps start dying, and becomes very vulnerable. At that point step up the harassment and you should be able to shut him down for a bit.

larkhill

08-11-2010

speaking of his shield, dont start gank attempts when he has a full shield... its silly. even harassing mord with a full shield is a little odd.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Best thing to do is not harass him. Mordekaiser harasses himself. Using abilities spends his HP, iirc.
And the shield makes him overconfident, more often than not. Save your nastiest set up for when you think you can burn through his shield and also take out some HP. Let him think you're afraid of him, and he'll get even more aggressive.

Best way to get an early Mord kill, really, is to use your tower. Remember, if they're pushed to your tower, it is YOUR advantage, not theirs.

I once encountered a Mord, however, he used his ult explicitly to heal himself early in the game, rather than guarantee kills. It made for a very impossible lane situation. Most Mords don't do that, and it worked surprisingly well.

larkhill

08-11-2010

a lot of mords have a decent amount of health regen at every point of the early laning phase (dorans to start then wardens + boots is what i see fairly often). harassing in necessary or else you will simply my out-harassed. with a full shield, he can and will start playing aggressive and he will get kills.

you cant just let him sit there and regen all his health back and continue to farm and get more gold.

Necromonger

08-12-2010

Awwww, why'd you boys have to go and share our trade secrets? If I get shut down in my next game I'm goin after ya'... hahaha.

that's right. ranged champs, stunners/silencers, or casters are the best bet against your friendly neighborhood metal juggernaut of death- and he hurts himself too.