Playing against Mordenkaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dissonance119

08-11-2010

Almost every time I encounter this beastly champion, I find that he shuts me down in my lane. I find that with his cooldown-only abilities that restore his shield, it's very difficult to harass him, and he can harass me with impunity with his no-aiming skills that also shield him.

Most of the time, I play support/ranged carries (Sivir, Kog'Maw, Taric and similar). He is somewhat manageable with a good stun (Taric), but a good Mord will not take damage, and WILL shut me down.

Things get worse if he has a good teammate, such as a skilled Ashe or similar.

I find that unless I change lanes, I cannot farm or level properly, and drag my team down. Later in the game, by about the 15th minute, he becomes manageable - but the damage is done.

Help?

Spliffstar

08-11-2010

ummm if ur playing support/ ranged classes dont lane against Mord.... u will always lack the fire power to take him out until mid game... i would suggest doing a simple lane change ... if ur team isnt a bunch of total ******s they will switch

Usually to take out morde early in the game though with Ashe I wear him down with volley and at level 6 i use Enchanted Arrow and have a Team Mate help me with the ganks as long as Mord doesnt get fed he's not that big a deal just watch ur positioning around him

Marokeas

08-11-2010

first of all, his abilities cost health, late game not much but early its quite noticeable.

dont stay near your creeps, stand to the side that way he cant charge his shield NEARLY as much to harrass you.
Keep him away from creeps for one or two levels, his siphon only really starts to hurt at lvl 3.

Dissonance119

08-11-2010

Health you say? Makes sense.

Hmm... does his shield absorb the health cost? Also, does the shield get his armor/MR/damage reduction, or does it take pure damage?

Basil to Blithe

08-11-2010

It benefits from his armor and mr.

If you stand near creeps, he will laugh at you.

His health pool is quite low to begin with, though, and he doesn't scale terribly well in late game unless he's been butchering the enemy team.

Morde excels at shutting down his opponents. Really good Mordes will start ganking constantly come level six in an effort to ensure that they retain their advantage and drop as many towers as they can before they start seeing stiff resistance.

kurolito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

His shield gets armor/MR reduction, but do not absorb the health cost

Redenbacher

08-11-2010

In the first 2-3 levels, Mordekaiser is pretty squishy, and his shield is very easy to take down. Take advantage of this. Do not let him get his shield charged... just whack him with an auto attack or two every time he's in range, and keep the pressure on him. If you manage to get just one early kill on him, it will seriously hamper his game. Otherwise, you wind up playing his game, and doing exactly what he wants - hugging your tower scrambling for last-hits, while Siphon wears you down over time.

As a Mordekaiser player, this is the biggest weakness I rarely see exploited. I ALWAYS make sure I exploitit on enemy Morde's, even if i'm laning against myself. Since he's using his health to cast spells, if you keep his shield down, his health will wear down in kind. Also, all of his spells deal magic damage - so some magic resistance will help.

PackMan97

08-11-2010

The worst thing you can do against Mord is to stand near creeps. Harass + Farm all in one!

The second worst thing you can do is to be passive. You need to work hard at getting and keeping that shield down. This will in turn prevent the Mord from harassing you as much since he'll take fewer chances.

Magic resistance is helpful as well.

If you can't work it against him, get a lane switch.

Spikard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

I've been maining mord for many games recently and I'd like to add something, although you're not allowed to use this against me

Against almost every champ an opportune time to attack is when you have a wave of your friendly minions near you. They offer protection from skillshots etc, and additional offense should your opponent attack you via minion aggro.

Vs. Mord this is NOT TRUE. The opposite applies. Morde is weak when there is nothing for him to hit. His durability comes from having multiple sources to smack with his abilities to keep his shield up. If you attack morde with no minions around you he will have no fuel to keep up the shield. I love killing people who think they're safe hanging out in the middle of their creep wave, when actually their minions allow me to keep my shield up and kill them effortlessly.

Silverdevilboy

08-11-2010

Mordekaiser is the opposite of every other champion.

He's most effective as a laner/fighter when you're near your creeps, not 1v1.
He's more likely to survive a gank by standing and fighting than by running.
He's best played as agressive as possible, compared to other champs you play more defensively.

As for laning against him, just keep that shield down. You NEED a ranged char, melee champs will be destroyed, as they will not be permitted to lane, and you need to harass him ALL the time. Creeps, no creeps, no matter what, keep poking and harassing until he backs off, then farm. Don't stand and fight him, though, or he'll eat you. Just kite him to death. However, a good mordekaiser will just pop in, siphon/mace a wave of creeps, then walk away again. If you're too aggressive, he'll own you, and then you gotta tower hug.

Basically, you gotta be aggressive enough to stop him farming freely, but you can't push the lane. If you push, you can't harass unless you're in your minion wave and then he lols and eats your HP. Just harass and last-hit when he's not in a position to threaten you or your minions.