Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How is IP calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodsEye

04-21-2012

Most of the games I play, I get about 100 IP, but then I played a game and got 300 IP. So how is IP calculated?

Cfattie

04-21-2012

You got a win of the day bonus.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ip

You get a small flat amount + a linearly increasing amount as the game progresses.
You also get a bonus for "Win of the Day" of 150 IP.

I also hear from my friend, but don't quote me on this, because it's not been proven, that older accounts get slightly more IP than newer accounts. From the numbers he crunched, it seemed true, but nowhere does it say so.

GodsEye

04-22-2012

Well as my account got older i got a bit more IP. So maybe it is true.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-22-2012

Newer accounts actually get more (assuming everything else is the same) than older ones, as they have the built in boost.

Newer players also tend to surrender more quickly, which does slightly reduce the amount you'll get. (You get more for longer games, surrendering means you don't have another 5-20 minutes of game time.)