Scenarios of Kill Stealing

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineapplePine

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerospecter View Post
As someone who mains Veigar I appreciate that. Late game it gets hard NOT to KS since my lowest spell does 800. Although I actively try to provide the assist with Event Horizon. The other thing I do is the EH + Dark Matter combo (effectively saying: you weren't doing it fast enough, you have 1.2 seconds to kill them before I do).

Favorite moment: I was heading to kill someone squishy, teammate notices and starts out about 2-3 seconds behind me. He didn't even get the assist.
I wouldn't call that KS-ing at all. Normally I would call anything KS-ing other than Teemo's Poison or GP's passive or something like that. But then it doesn't matter that much. They could use the gold.

But a nuke or a nuke combo like Veigar's isn't KS-ing. =D

Neither is a Shen Ultimate to save your ass and end up with the kill. Sure you did 70% damage but you would be dead without him. =P

Eppa

08-11-2010

Giving your carry the kill is good but it's not worth the risk of a enemy getting away.

Rat Star

08-11-2010

I only whine when I'm SURE I can get the kill without dying and they come in and last hit them for no particular reason, especially if they aren't the carry or have a snowballing item.

Tony Genius

08-11-2010

Gold in this game isnt nearly as important as games such as HoN. The way i see it is all gold will be going to a good purpose for the team. As long as the player is playing to win, and not to be an idiot.

Eppa

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Star View Post
I only whine when I'm SURE I can get the kill without dying and they come in and last hit them for no particular reason, especially if they aren't the carry or have a snowballing item.
You do actually earn more gold in total if you "ks"

Covenant

08-11-2010

There's no point in whining--just go for the kill, make sure the enemy dies, and push their lane harder.

The only stupid time to go for a kill is if it requires blowing an ult or something with a long cooldown just to catch someone before an ally finishes them. Other than that it's only a minor bit of gold.

MasqureMan

08-11-2010

There is no kill stealing. It's a team game and a team effort. If someone deliberately waits in a bush and lets you almost die then comes in to finish him off with a nuke, thats kill stealing. In a team fight, not one can be worried with I shouldnt kill him and let the carry have it.

LyraOrpheo

08-11-2010

I had someone complain to me about "kill stealing" dragon

to which they added "noobs, im xin, I can solo dragon, dont need help"

PineapplePine

08-12-2010

What p*ss me off the most is Killing Steealing Neutral Camps and Buffs.

I start to kill Golem Buff and then this guy comes and "help" me. I tell him I want it. He dosen't stop and saves a mini nuke to just take it.

Sometimes I don't bother telling him anymore and if I am lucky they stop (RARELY).

Then Neutral camps. I try to get a little extra gold but an AoE user like Nasus, Annie, Ryze, Kog'Maw, Mordekaiser etc etc. Comes and use a skill and take the whole camp. Sometimes a DPS comes and just take it too.

tigerllama

08-12-2010

While it is technically better to let a carry get the kill since not only do attack items generally cost more, but also if the tank gets a spree, it's less beneficial to sacrifice yourself to save your team.

But a kill is never "stolen" unless all you did was the last hit, or held out on using a skill so that you can get the last hit.

1234567 ... 8