Scenarios of Kill Stealing

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineapplePine

08-11-2010

Anyone want to enlighten me in scenarios that you would "kill stealing"?

If you have 3 people ganking one 1 guy and you're the tank and you've been attacking since the beginning (since you rushed in first), you're throwing whatever skills you got that deal damage. And whops you killed it although your Mage dealt 50% of the damage. Is that really kill stealing? Are you really suppose to run away in fear when they have 5% health so just so the guy who did 50% damage can finish it and now the 10% guy?

Or How about when you're GP or Teemo or Singed who deals damage over time. You've been attacking since the guy have full health already and its because your skills deal damage over time. You probably end up dealing 20% or so of it while someone did 50%.

Oh how about our fabulous Garen? Say Master Yi throws his Ultimate and decides to run away and just at the edge of your range of your Ultimate. Of course there is a mage near you too (lets say Annie) who can probably nuke Master Yi. But Yi with ultimate runs fast, whats so wrong in throwing your Ultimate to make sure he's dead?

Oh what about a Shen and Taric ganking someone. Its 100% possible for them to gank someone and kill someone. Shen's can deal a bit of damage and his Q have a pretty low CD and stun too. Taric can burst his shield and nuke/stun and his ultimate for that little boost in damage. Say you both chip the guy down at same time. But then Shen's CD on Q is finished. Probably able to deal 5-10% depending on mage or tanky champion. Killing stealing again? Heck he's been using that the whole time? Or how about Taric's shield finished CD and he burst it again to grab the kill?

Simply put, is it so wrong to ensure a kill?

I swear I've done this plenty of times and it screwed up at least half the time. I was playing as Shen and we got a nice gank on 2 or 3 enemy champions (with 3-4 of us). So we're chasing down this Annie or something. And you see some other Champion with 60% HP coming in to help. But when he saw us (say Garen) he ran away. Annie is at like 5-10% health which is easily killed by mage or DPS or tank. I was tied in almost chasing Annie with some other champion so I split to chase Garen to make sure he gets out of the way. Sometimes its another squishy champion which Shen can take down easily. I like playing as Shen on free Shen weeks. So I chase the other guy instead. This way I would give the other guy would carry or someone lacking in gold a bit more gold. But what I found out is, I chased the other champion (Garen or w/e) and knock their health down quite a bit. But my team who was chasing the almost dead Annie just let her go.

I swear I should've just Q or Dash/Taunt and Q and finish her off myself and "KS" on my team.

Igresh

08-11-2010

Honestly, I never cared about my kills and stopped caring about other peoples' kills. They can QQ all they want, but I mostly care about making sure that champ dies so they lose exp, gold, and potential kills of their own. If I can, I'm going to get that last hit because I noticed when I don't, like with you, that champ either gets away or takes out the person who would have QQed about me stealing their 'kill'.

I think the only real kill steal is when there is a 1v1 going on and your ally has that champ down to last bit of their health and can take them out, then you come in and make that last hit. Yes, it ensures the enemy dies, but you only did just jump in and get a last hit.

Ultimately I think it's situational but even then people should stop whining. If people focus less on getting kills and more on pushing, I know I'd have more wins. :/ It's equally effective to get an enemy champ down to nothing and let them go lick their wounds, missing out on exp, as it is to get the kill. Kills only help later game when exp doesn't matter anymore. But, again, your score is second to winning the game.

Cueballmac

08-11-2010

Don't bother so much about K/D in the end the most important factor is the W. Although about KS's I'd say Karth and Mordekaiser are number one customers. Most people think of W these days anyway and getting assists are half as much as getting the kill anyways. Just play as a team and you shouldn't be bothering about this issue unless you are the hardworking carry of the team.

larkhill

08-11-2010

the problem with kill stealing is when you, as a tank or support champ, killsteal from a nuke thats trying to build stacks of a mejai's or sword of the occult or whatever. the gold/xp/kill death ratio is a useless factor as a win is a win no matter how u get it. but the difference between having 20 stacks or 10 cause some zilean decides to double bomb and kill steal every time is pretty big, especially if you're dual snowballing.

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

It's only killstealing if you sit there and wait until someone gets them low enough to last hit.

kastr

08-11-2010

the only time i dont 'kill steal' is when i have an eve on my team -_____-.
this is a team game theres no such thing as kill stealing im more pissed when people steal my towers.

Drakantus

08-11-2010

Killing an enemy is more important than feeding your carry. I'd rather steal 10 kills than let a single enemy escape.

joker4

08-11-2010

This has been an issue that I have been thinking about alot lately since I have been playing mostly as Garen. First of all make sure that the enemy champ will die. If there is room let them run and let your other champs kill them, but if he is about to escape do you best to finish them quickly. The worst ks are when another champ comes in and gets the last hit without doing and damage before. If you honestly feel like you did steal their kill apologize and hope they aren't little *****es that hold it against you the rest of the game.

McRofls

08-11-2010

There is no such thing as Champion kill stealing in this game.

There IS minion kill stealing and if you wait until I have blue buff low and come and last hit it, I will be very upset.

ChibiTushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

The only kill steal that matters is Golum/Lizard

lawlz

12345 ... 8