Official Galio Build Discussion.

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moohga

08-11-2010

Imo the best way to play him is tanky
Since yesterday my core is always:
Chalice
mercury tread(maybe ninja tabi if too much physical)
aegis
GA

After that it depends,abyssal scepter is very good for him,banshee veil too,i often take soul shroud for the Cdr/Hp
I'll may try Randuin even if im not really convinced,but generally GA and aegis are enough to take the physical,except if the whole team is physical,didnt happened to me yet.

Anyway i love this guy,one of the best tank imo,dont lost a game with him yet.

El Hebrew Hammer

08-11-2010

I rush Aegis.
Then I go MercTreads
Then Chalice
then Abyssal Scepter if they are magic heavy or Randuin's Omen if they are DPS focused.

So it looks like the consensus is Aegis of the Legion, Mercury Treads and Chalice of Harmony are his core items

Weebus

08-11-2010

I've only played a few games, but I pretty much have carried my team in my victories.

Basically, I try and always farm up as much gold/xp as I can so I have a level+item advantage. He's an insane farmer with his Q and E combo. Thus, I normally rush a Rod of Ages as I can usually get one before the 17 minute mark with the cash flow. Gives you a good amount of health to survive an ultimate, mana to spam some spells, and a little AP to help give you some killing power. Also, you don't really need a whole lot of early game MR or Armor as your W gives you a decent amount.

From that point, it all basically depends on the game.

If they're AD heavy, don't stack MR. It won't help you and you're better off getting Armor/Health and some AP items if you want killing power. Merc Treads are a great choice of boots as it basically makes you able to escape even some 4-5v1 ganks between your slow, heal, and speed boost.

Another great item for obvious reasons is a Force of Nature. The health regen is noticeable even in some prolonged fights with the health from your Rod of Ages. Not to mention, the speed boost helps in escapes and chases, and the MR gives your even more survivability as well as a decent amount of damage.

Chalice is a bit unnecessary after early game, as his spells are extremely low on mana cost.

Aegis isn't a bad option to rush, as it is cheap, but I'd rather opt for a stronger late game with a Rod, as it covers my health and mana with one item, and is easy to get with his farming ability.

Also, I hate recommending snowball items as they are very situational, but Mejai's and even Leviathan are incredible items on him, as he is pretty much unkillable if played correctly, and gets a monstrous (no pun intended) amount of assists. I've had no issue getting up to 20 stacks in games simply off of assists.

AIM7Sparrow

08-11-2010

No reason to get a Rylais. His only other damaging spell already slows and his ult taunts, no point.

Miurdoch

08-11-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Galio...9ff0df8f2276f0 one I have been toying with. Ends with 3k health and 300 AP

AIM7Sparrow

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miurdoch View Post
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Galio...9ff0df8f2276f0 one I have been toying with. Ends with 3k health and 300 AP
Have fun when you taunt that Yi.

Rodimus Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Chalice is great early game, but I'm not loving the idea of spending the gold on it. I think rushing a Catalyst is much better. hold that catalyst until you want to get your Banshee Veil. I am considering playing Clarity for early game spell spam. He is an amazing farmer. I had my lane partner angry last night because I was sapping so much gold.

Miurdoch

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Have fun when you taunt that Yi.
I will when I swap out FoN for Thornmail. seriously be constructive or gtfo

Miurdoch

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malckovich View Post
Chalice is great early game, but I'm not loving the idea of spending the gold on it. I think rushing a Catalyst is much better. hold that catalyst until you want to get your Banshee Veil. I am considering playing Clarity for early game spell spam. He is an amazing farmer. I had my lane partner angry last night because I was sapping so much gold.
I like this idea, allows room for a Leviathan or Soul stealer depending on the situation

Sykomyke

08-11-2010

Chalice is an excellent early game item for him, however I find his eHP is rather low and people who end up stacking straight MR items will find themselves dieing as much as they make kills. He needs more actual Health so getting an early Banshees or RoA is benefical. In fact both would be quite nice. However attempting to farm them both early can prove to be lengthy.

Once his health reaches at least 2.5k I find that FoN is great to get for the additional MR, HP regen, and movespeed.

Likewise, for AP heavy teams I would continue to stack MR at this point, while for balanced teams or AD teams I would get more health/armor. Maybe a GA in there somewhere as this will ensure you don't die when using your ultimate.

Last night I had a fed twitch that kept killing my team. I got GA and was able to blow him up, even though it ate my GA, which is exactly what our team needed, without their twitch the other team was unable to push into our base, despite the fact 2 of our inhibs were down.

1234567 ... 9