Official Galio Build Discussion.

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Todach

08-11-2010

Very very very torn both ways about it.
I think he's a decent tank however with no ability to stack up money unless he last hits kills to gather equips unless he farms in lane too much, which usually ends up bad because if the other lanes are ****ed you can't do ****. ):
Anyway, I've tried several and I found these items worthy on him:

Sorc boots / Treads
Abbyssal Scepter
Rylai's
Soul Shroud
Banshees
Guardian Angel maybe at late game

and potting whenever possible, gets you to high HP while using his W for the needed armor and magic pen.
I don't really like Aegis, dunno why some people do, I find the bonuses really low but just bonuses from everything.

Your thoughts?

Cueballmac

08-11-2010

Aegis is a poormans item but it works as a huge support if you are a team player. I would say getting banshees veil is a much better option and abyssmal scepter for that magic damage that you are looking for.

In the end its a battle between deciding if you want to be defensive or offensive. Probably the best way is between the two of them and you could sort that out by figuring the enemy composition as stacking MR isnt that much important I guess if you are fighting more DPS characters and in that scenario i would suggest either being more offensive with AP or being more tanky with armor and health.

Btw, I would rather get another item than soul shroud like getting an early G.A. perhaps.

Hoki

08-11-2010

Aegis is easily one of the best items in the game, definately a recommendation there. To be honest, the best thing with any tanky character is to just work out the build for that specific game. More tanks on your team? Go more ap-based. Need to be the tank? Build tankily (and then it branches off to equipping for the enemy team - boring but hey...)

Dwarfling

08-11-2010

This is what I got so far:

Start: Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP (start)
Catalyst the Protector > Mercury Threads

Then I go:

- Banshee's Veil
- Chain Vest before Banshee if I needed.
- Something out of the Chain Vest if needed: Guardian Angel or Thornmail
- Abyssal Scepter

I'm not a fan of Aegis of the Legion, but I'm considering it since I found myself mostly among my team spamming Q and E then flashing into position for R instead of say, Amumu where I'm around the edges trying for initiation with R or Q.

IndomitusRex

08-11-2010

I don't see how Galio has trouble building up money. As far as tanks go he's a premier farmer, matched only by Cho'gath or Nasus.

As far as items go, Aegis, Chalice and Merc Treads are all givens for me. Banshee's Veil is also very important, as it's a decent chunk of stats and a means of ensuring that his ult actually goes off. After those, however, you're pretty desperately in need of some proper tanking items, as your health and armour won't be that impressive with those items.

I like Randuin's Omen as a general purpose tank item. Yeah, technically the slow proc works against your ultimate (in that you'll be attacked less during it), but I don't think sacrificing sturdiness for the sake of a slightly bigger ultimate (on a 2.5 minute cooldown) is the right way to go. Randuin's also offers a bit of CDR, which is always nice to have. If I get to my 6th item I'd like to be able to grab an Abyssal Scepter, but that's kind of a luxury item. Most likely it'd be a Guardian Angel.

Naesala

08-11-2010

I would like to see a galio who would get 300+ ap and 2-4k health. His ultimate got a really nice ap ratio, 0,85:1 base up to 1,77:1 or so when you got 8 hits against you.

Change that soul shroud I don't like it.

Haaspac

08-11-2010

I went against a decent comp team with a mix of ap and ad characters and this was what i ended up with for my item build when the game was done.

Merc treads, Banshee's Veil, Ageis of the Legion, Guardian Angel, Sunfire Cape, Force of Nature.
Had close to 300 MR and 250 Armor and 3500HP. I was nigh unkillable. Still gotta fill out my HP p/lvl seals though.

DarkenDragon

08-11-2010

why not get rod of ages? I havnt seen anyone even think of this, I think of him as a tank first cuz the massive amount of damage is coming from his ulti and you want the health, thats a ton of health, a ton of mana and a ton of ap, that alone should be enough to cover all your health and mana needs, and then the rest can be focused on AP or what not

I dont think hes the type you wanna melee with, hes more support than anything and what you should do is always run with another player, constantly keeping up with the enemy while casting your spells to either slow down the enemy or to give your allies a path to run faster to catch up, and when they're about half life, pop your ulti to trap them and let your team beat on them while they beat on you and you blow them up in the end, thats how I think he should be played according to his abilities.

Xenotime Gaze

08-11-2010

I mentioned in my thread spirit visage, which i think is an all-around great item for this Champ because it lowers cooldowns, makes his heal more effective, and give magic resist. is it too situational though? no one has mentioned it much

peyo

08-11-2010

I was thinking of making him AP way... RoA, Rylai, Abyssal, Zhonya should work fine.

I also think he's more a support champ than a tank...

12345 ... 9