Just finished placement rounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whidye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

and I am 1275. Not the greatest, but I'm proud/satisfied of the result based on the games played. I have 189W in normals - some people said wait until 300, but I said forget it - I was too anxious!

Is this a good start for ranked? Or should I buckle down and play more normals?

Lolibird

04-21-2012

Judging from your post

You started too early

CommandShockwave

04-21-2012

Play more normals. I promise you, you WILL NOT be at 1275 for long if you don't.

Akkina

04-21-2012

From 1k-1300 all depends on how many trolls you get. You don't really -stop- seeing trolls until 1500ish, but there's drastically less of them past 1350.

Bruteque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

1275 basically means you can be anywhere from 825 to 1425...Elo ratings at that range is outrageously inaccurate.

Pixie Styx

04-21-2012

You're going to have a lower elo than you would if you played more normals to learn more and unlock more.

But your going to learn faster and improve more by playing ranked. I'd keep on trucking if I were you but recognize you are going to end up in ranked games forced to play a role or champion that you do not have the runes for or experience with.

whidye

04-21-2012

Hmm ok. If I wanted to maintain my elo rating (stop it from decay) how often do I have to play a ranked match?

Pixie Styx

04-21-2012

The first step to attaining elo, is to be comfortable with losing elo. You never ganna get to gold if you to afraid to play.

peteleetzor

04-21-2012

you get trolls in all the elo >_>

Lekatron

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whidye View Post
Hmm ok. If I wanted to maintain my elo rating (stop it from decay) how often do I have to play a ranked match?
ELO only decays if your ELO is 1400+
You have nothing to worry about. Can go play normals rest of your time it will stay at 1275