Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This place has really dropped in quality...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

04-22-2012

Quote:
1Eredale:
Indeed, efforts are being made - or are they? An effort was made by the first few who began the Ask threads; after that, people just hopped on the band wagon, because it seemed like a cool way to make a thread with upvotes and responses, no matter how much people deny it, everyone still wants to make one like that. Those few who put effort in their threads? I salute them, but if only it hadn't come to this...

-.-

Your assumptions are getting more and more extreme. Please calm down and think before you post.

When you say "people", you're referring to a lot of different people with different motives and opinions. And if your own motive by saying things like this is to make people angry, well, it's working. Please stop.

Elite Midget

04-26-2012

Stay classy wannabe fanfic writers. I see more worthless "Ask" drivel plaguing the front page, a shame Riot has let their lore slump so low and this is all that's left.

Elite Midget

04-26-2012

Quote:
Fenix12345:
I don't actually see them as such a bad thing, more like food for thought. The Ask threads serve a purpose, and it must be admitted that they stirred up activity in a - and I will say this: dead forum. After the breakdown of Riot's lore team this forum was barely breathing, some RP's remained, but even that wore down. Even if the quality is sub-par in places, it brings me great joy to see the level of activity and interest in this forum rising again.

These are public forums, and everyone is here to do two things:
1. Learn more about the LoL universe which we have only touched the tip of the iceberg on.
2. Have fun.

I dissaprove of the newer threads like Lulu's psychiatric office and Gragas' brewery, which could be handled in their own Ask threads. These threads are simply locations, and are actually a waste of space, aside from Ryugi's Break Room and possibly the sparring grounds, which actually act as successful mediums for IC's to come together and interact. With utmost respect for the OP's of these threads, it is my personal opinion that they do not need to exist. But there is no reason to tell anyone except trolls or incorrect topic posters to leave, nor does anyone except a Red have the right to do so.

I have made a suggestion before, to compress the Ask threads to give more space to other users. Something as simple as creating city-state related threads (e.g. Ask Demacia or Ask Frelijord) still give ample space in a thread for each champion, and do not get in the way of other threads.

I completely agree that they are space consuming and some of the quality is lacking, along with some of the people behind the threads being overly assertive to the point of being openly hostile to other users. But it does no good whatsoever to pout and complain, as blunt as this comparison can be, it is truly a shame to see some of the carries ragequit lore.

It is actually rather amusing in hind-sight, we all referred to this as a crisis, but many people have been going the wrong way about it. It is unbelievable how many people left these forums during the lore blackout, the good writers and the thinkers, they all gave up and left. That is exactly what people should NOT be doing, the Ask threads represent this forum getting back on it's feet, you should all be coming back, not leaving. If some serious movement takes place within the next few months, then I know several threads that are going to fade into the background and dissapear, gladly making way for better ones. This forum will never go back to how it was before if it's split in two, try getting in there and nitpicking instead of sitting on the sidelines. No one here is a baby, they aren't afraid of criticism.

I do not want "Lore arguement" or "Lore reject and ignore", heck, I don't even want "Lore agree to disagree". I want "Lore Discussion". And I'm going to stay here and keep reading and writing, no matter how bad or stupid or wierd it gets. Because I know that eventually more and more people will return, not bringing it back to it's former glory in some naiive vision of nostalgia, but evolving and living.

People will say that I don't know what I'm talking about or that it get's to a point where it's unbearable, but I will stand by my point. Leaving or bickering more about the problem will only kill the LoL universe again, stay and make improvements, work off what others have created. Let's get this old dog moving again, and teach it some new tricks to help it stay on it's feet.

Fales, many see them as a bad thing and they have abandoned this section of the forum to avoid the filth that is "Ask" You are lying to yourself if you believe this enhances anything or that anyone would rather stick with this trash than the real deal. No one cares for the "Ask" topics and many are forgotten in hours to be replaced by another that's just as bad as the one before.

An endless cycle where more trash is thrown into the heap when it can't hold any more. The Lore fans despaired but it seems Riot doesn't listen to them and cares not for their Lore. If Riot cared they would ban every "Ask" user and mass delete every Topic and put up a policy that such filth and trash wouldn't be tolerated nor will it be allowed to fester and ruin their good name.

AskVoidWalker

04-26-2012

While I know Im one of the newer Ask Threads I know my reasons. I noticed them back when the Rammus one started, came back a few days before today and enjoyed how the Lore was being talked about. It may not be hardcore, but if you want one make one these are public forums afterall. As to why I made mine, I saw that nobody had made one for kassadin, who is one of my favorite champions. While his lore is lacking in the mean time I wished for him to have hat certain spark of something he was doing, as the lore said nothing of what he did once joining the LoL.

Grom Hellscream

04-26-2012

It's just nice to have access to lore of any kind, even if it is fan made. We try to keep it to where it's plausible for the characters we use, keeping the story alive and fresh. When you read a champions lore in the game, that's it. There's no future for them. It's just nice to have a place where that champion can continue to live, rather than dying out after a page.

Ask Talon

04-26-2012

Quote:
If Riot cared they would ban every "Ask" user and mass delete every Topic and put up a policy that such filth and trash wouldn't be tolerated nor will it be allowed to fester and ruin their good name.

Odd seeing that a few of us have several Reds on our friends lists in game.

Ask The Prophet

04-26-2012

Above all else, it's a community. It's not ran by the Reds, although their contributions are welcome. It's a place for the people, and if people want access to a plausible character they enjoy learning about, so be it. One of the more noteworthy ones, in my opinion, is the Ask Brand. I mean, look at it. Just give it a try. If you don't want it, you're free to go. You can make your own posts, talk to people who like what you do, but just because this is popular doesn't mean people set out to kill all other form of thread and any other thing brought up around here.

Geokhan

04-26-2012

Stop posting here. You're only feeding the rage.

@Elite Midget: I understand you want to see a more in depth lore, which is great. You also don't like the ask threads, but it appears you are one of the few. Yeah some of it is bad, but I find a lot of it is humorous and interesting. And sometimes a little twisted, but I digress. If you feel this is such a big deal, go email Riot. I highly doubt they would do anything, but for all you care it is worth a shot. If nothing else I am sure there is another Lore site that doesn't have these Ask threads. So, please take a chill pill. If you don't have a chill pill take a chill strip. you lay it on your tongue and chill. It's hard to take you seriously with all the insults and aggressive attitude.

Satarrus

04-26-2012

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Fales, many see them as a bad thing and they have abandoned this section of the forum to avoid the filth that is "Ask" You are lying to yourself if you believe this enhances anything or that anyone would rather stick with this trash than the real deal. No one cares for the "Ask" topics and many are forgotten in hours to be replaced by another that's just as bad as the one before.

An endless cycle where more trash is thrown into the heap when it can't hold any more. The Lore fans despaired but it seems Riot doesn't listen to them and cares not for their Lore. If Riot cared they would ban every "Ask" user and mass delete every Topic and put up a policy that such filth and trash wouldn't be tolerated nor will it be allowed to fester and ruin their good name.

So basically your issue with this whole thing is actually with Riot, becouse they stopped giving a **** about lore, but you take it out on the people who make these Ask threads?

Some of these are meh but some are good. In the begining they were really good. (first few pages of say, ask shyvana/udyr were amazing).

Ask Riven

04-26-2012

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Stay classy wannabe fanfic writers.

Wannabe...? Anyone with half a mind could figure out who I really am. And I like to believe I'm a fairly successful fanfic writer (or writer in general), with one of the most popular fanfics in the forum. >.>

Sorry for the bump. I really don't want this thread to continue. But there are some things that just rub me the wrong way.