Congratulations Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

08-11-2010

You finally released a champion who doesn't scream "I'M OP, NEEERF MEE HAARD IN THE BUTT!!!". Sure, I won first game I played with Galio, but he's not that great until you build up all of the good items. Hell, I haven't even started dealing a lot of damage with my ult until level 15+, because the damage bonus you get from the ult isn't the exact same amount of damage as you received.

Also, anyone stupid enough to walk up to Galio without backup will, like in the case of ANY other tank, be killed. But is it really all that different from Shen's ability to constantly harass someone with his taunts, reduce damage (something Galio doesn't have - he only can boost someone for few seconds, but nothing about absorbing 900 damage like Shen can), and his taunt is an ultimate with a pretty long recharge - something Rammus has as a normal skill, lasting 0,5 seconds later.

So, Galio is not OP. And for that I commend you Riot.

sweatersDC

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abedeus View Post
reduce damage (something Galio doesn't have)
Galio ult gives 30% damage reduction

o_O

Abedeus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatersDC View Post
Galio ult gives 30% damage reduction

o_O
Yes, 30% reduction for 2.5 seconds. Shen reduces 900 damage for 1.5 seconds. And can be used about 10 times more often than Galio's ult. And Shen's ult reduces 750 damage for ally and 375 for himself AND a free teleport.

Chokolateh

08-11-2010

Except that galio is the bane of all melee
np

Abedeus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokolateh View Post
Except that galio is the bane of all melee
np
I think you mean mages. Honestly, I was against a well-fed Morgana, something along the lines of 10-3-7 by the end of the game. I was hit by her full-charged ult and haven't even noticed. It's the melees that made me nervous. At least till I got fed enough to buy Thornmail.

Letkhar

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abedeus View Post
I think you mean mages. Honestly, I was against a well-fed Morgana, something along the lines of 10-3-7 by the end of the game. I was hit by her full-charged ult and haven't even noticed. It's the melees that made me nervous. At least till I got fed enough to buy Thornmail.
Your ult rapes melees.