So I just played a game with RiotNyandalee...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooninites

04-21-2012

and I have to say it was perhaps one of my most unpleasant experiences every playing league. I noticed her in champion select and she picked nidalee, after I called top and picked Irelia. However, I asked her to use the Snow Bunny Nidalee skin and she did on the condition I let her top, so I gave it up to her and played the only available role left, AD carry.

Needless to say she started off very nice and I was looking forward to a great game regardless of win or lose. I was on pretty good behavior because I was playing with a Rioter, so I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I'm an angel, but I was very friendly and nice to her. But as the game progressed, and it was seemingly impossible for us to win, she became more and more condescending. I've played with a few high profile players including RiotSerif, Doublelift from CLG, and Cpt America (2k elo player), out of all those, I have to say Nyandalee was the worse. It's even more shocking when you realize that despite Cpt America and Serif losing pretty badly in both games (from what I remember) they both maintained their composure and acted as I would expect them to act. Nyandalee did not act like an employee of riot, in fact she acted exactly as I would expect any other normal solo queue player to act, totally ignorant, constantly blaming people and frankly childish.

Now lets start off by saying we weren't going to win the game after about 15 minutes or so, we ended up with Tristana (me) at 2-7, a 0-9 vlad, 1-3 nidalee (nyandalee), a 0-12 leona, and a 5-5 lee sin. I certainly didn't do the worst on our team but I recognize that I was part of the reason we lost.

Now why do I bring this up on the forums and what exactly did Nyandalee say or do?

• constantly spamming surrender after each person died or a major team fight (i would say about 3 or 4 times she did it in a matter of 10-15 minutes or so, estimation though)
  • use of profanity, specifically when saying "can we not half ass every team fight" or something to that effect
  • constantly blaming the members of her team, saying things like "trist....." or getting frusterated at members of her team
  • sarcastic remarks in all caps, specifically "HEY TRIST GREAT JOB YO!"
  • specifically telling her team to take advantage of a 4v5, when the enemy Hecarim DC'd she said 'okay we need to push now that it's a 4v5 while hecarim is gone'

Those are essentially the main points. As you can see, she overall had a negative attitude and I'm pretty shocked at how she handled herself and I'd basically sum it up as an embarrassing representation of a Riot staff member.

I wouldn't say she played poorly or was blatantly the reason we lost, but she was pretty hypocritical at times. Specifically when there was a team fight in the forest, it was a 3v4, in favor of us. I was pushing bot, the enemy Hecarim was DC'd, and the enemy Riven was pushing top. The enemy 4-0'd our team without really taking any damage, in fact, even my presence wouldn't have been enough to win the team fight, they probably would have ACED our team in fact had I been there. I proceeded to get the tower, and then eventually died. She basically blamed me for why our team lost the fight, despite getting the tower and despite the fact that it wasn't even a close fight, even with a 3v4 in our favor. (as you can see in the picture below) she sarcastically wrote in all caps "HEY TRIST GREAT JOB YO", I politely informed her that I didn't think I would have been much help had I been in the fight, instead I tried to take an objective. And perhaps, I should have been there, it may be true, I still don't think we would have won the fight, but regardless, if you lose a 4v3 which is in your favor, I find it hard to be my solely my fault the fight was lost.

Furthermore, I politely told her that I would participate in the next fight, the next fight happened, and we didn't win, in fact it resulted in 4 of us dying and the enemy getting baron. However, what makes matters worse is four of us engage; me, leona, lee sin, and vladimir all engaged, while Nyandalee sat in the background literally doing nothing. We lost pretty hard, infact we got 4-0'd and Nyandalee ran away, which is perfectly fine, I actually think she made a good decision. However, after we lost that fight she said (which you can see in the photo below) "can we not engage half ass next time?". I don't mind the use of profanity, I use it quite often also, but really? If you're representing Riot I expect you to act somewhat professional. But what makes this even worse, was she didn't even engage! All four members of her team did and she chose not to, and then blames us for "half ass engaging".

Additionally, after the enemy got baron, she decided to try and backdoor. Which was fine expect we were really in a bind, forced to try and defend an inhibitor tower in a 4v4 situation while the enemy was significantly ahead and had baron. Once again, the enemy 4-0'd us, got the tower and the inhib while she backdoored. She then proceeded to blame the entire team for not being able to hold the tower and the inhibitor. What's ironic, is maybe 15 minutes prior she had been telling me how important it was to be grouped for team fights and constantly scolded me for my lack of presence in them. Maybe I should have been in them, but it seems incredibly hypocritical for her to sit there and tell me to group up for team fights, then not participate in one, and blame us for fighting.

So as I also stated, she spammed surrender maybe 3 or 4 times in 15 or so minutes, it's just an estimation, but it was pretty annoying considering some of us were enjoying the game and didn't want to surrender, despite the poor chances of actually winning.

So why am I posting this and/or what do I want.

No I don't want Nyandalee fired, I don't really care if she's disciplined, and I don't really want to publicly humiliate her on the forums. No I don't want RP, skins, or whatever the hell else you can think of. I simply want an apology from RiotNyandalee herself, not just to me but to all my teammates (I wrote their names down, and if they post here saying I can use their names, I'll acknowledge them) for her lack of professionalism, negative attitude, and frankly rude and childish behavior. We lost the game because the enemy team played better, the final score was 9 to 37. It wasn't even close, it wasn't anyone's fault in particular, we all got beat, including RiotNyandalee.

I've attached an in-game screenshot of just a few of her posts, unfortunately I only got one, but riot can go back and check the logs if they want.

anyway thanks for reading!

tl;dr: RiotNyandalee acted totally unprofessional and was quite frankly one of the most unpleasant players I've had to interact with in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeezy Peak View Post
It's a **** shame that the same things that happened in this game are the same things that people will report for, get sent to the tribunal for, and banned by peers for. Because that's how the system works.

Don't think it's not. You get people that go to the tribunal and see things that they do that they have gotten banned for, so they punish for it too.

They might check cases every once in awhile, but the system is by large automated and some things probably do slip through the cracks.

Look mate, people get banned for saying "gg noobs"

One phrase. One time. You think a whole game of acting condescending isn't going to make something annoyed enough to report? To punish?

I added this, it's on page 12, for those looking for the original poster, I am basically trying to convey this. People get reported and banned by tribunal for doing things similar to what Nyandalee did, shouldn't she be held to the same standards?

EDIT: Okay, so I mentioned it in the post, and I know it's quite long, but I said I'm not that concerned with the use of profanity, but rather in the context in which she used it. I swear all the time in game, I see people swear, that aspect doesn't bother me, but the way in which she acted the entire game and the context in which she said "half-ass" were inappropriate in my opinion

Reptar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

While I don't support Riot acting this way in game, I must say if I worked for Riot I would sure as hell use a smurf account not associated with the company 95% of the time, always under the microscope.

Mooninites

04-21-2012

I agree, I don't expect her to be perfect, but if she's representing riot, specifically in her name, I expect her to act with some level of professionalism

Lord Knows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

With the noob ass players around here its not a surprise the whole server isnt banned.

Bumhunt

04-21-2012

lol at anyone being more bm than cpt ameria in a normal game

lol, I like the guy, but that patently false

Sorcery

04-21-2012

Move along, guys. Nothing to see here.

Frothing Loins

04-21-2012

toasting in closed bread for breach of TOS. Copy pasting to preserve to archive. I'd send support an email with your evidence if you're really that bothered. But yeah bro, enjoy the 24 hour ban for violating forum tos

Even if you're trying to bring justice, the mods around here get pissy.

Mooninites

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzale View Post
Posting in closed bread for breach of TOS. Copy pasting to preserve to archive. I'd send support an email with your evidence if you're really that bothered. But yeah bro, enjoy the 24 hour ban for violating forum tos

Even if you're trying to bring justice, the mods around here get pissy.
meh, if i get a 24 hour ban, I get a ban. The fact is her behavior was totally unacceptable

Samurai047

04-21-2012

tl;dr

ZapMyHeart

04-21-2012

Ehh, she may have been a bit sarcastic, but I don't think it's enough to freak out over it and call her out.

Reds are human too and maybe she got a bad day at work. It's not like she went full on rage-mode like certain Reds that were also thrown into the limelight...

As for the half-ass thing, seriously? You are getting butt hurt over "ass"? *head desks*