Alister

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodAintListening

04-23-2012

I wanted to ask a question, do you think Alister works better in TT or SR? In my opinion and based on my experiences, Alister is a TT god. The lanes are narrower, the distance is shorter to run (but you still need boots) and its easy to coordinate with your team (if they're english speaking and have good champ picks), you go through the brushes, you come out and ram your opponent into the wall and pulverize them, then your team comes in and goes for the gank. Its kind of like football, you can fling them into the turret too if they piss you off.

Also if there anyway to a tanky AP on Alister?

btw level 5

Turtle Omega

04-24-2012

I feel that AP should not be utilized on *alistar* on Twisted Treeline. All you really need is one strong burst champion laning with him, and make him go full tank. That way, Alistar takes the damage, cannot be denied, and lets his burst buddy kick major ass. The way my team plays him is as a tanky support, but of course we are into equal rights! So the tanky support is allowed to get farm :P

Sebastian

04-24-2012

if you build him straight tank he will be outclassed and easily ignorable once he does his combo

Sam

04-25-2012

I used to play AP Alistar in Season 1 haha. It worked pretty well, until it got nerfed, now its pretty sad. I mean it still produces dmg but its not the best and his CD's are way too long. So I don't recommend playing Alistar.

Darkdingus

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
I used to play AP Alistar in Season 1 haha. It worked pretty well, until it got nerfed, now its pretty sad. I mean it still produces dmg but its not the best and his CD's are way too long. So I don't recommend playing Alistar.
I could say the same for the CD of Cho's skills.
Yet most people play him tank/mage combo.

Cho has a passive that uses AP.
Ali does too!

Cho has 2 CCs.
So does Ali!

Cho has a way to heal himself bit by bit.
Guess what? So does Ali!

There ARE valid reasons NOT to build AP Ali. Yours aren't the good ones.

HERE are the good reasons:
Cho's total AP ratios (on full burst)
2.7 (0.7 true damage)
Highest CD: 60 (feast)
Without feast: Ratio 2.0, CD 13 sec (scream)

Ali's total AP ratios (counting the full 3 seconds of passive)
1.7 (counting a heal - not very useful for burst)
Highest CD: 13 (pulverize)

Same CD, see?
The lowish AP ratios are what kills AP Ali.

Ult-wise, Cho simply eats through Ali's ult like it wasn't there. (I did this many times to a few people that forgot this)

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Alistar is one of the best champions period. In TT he is no real differnt than SR.

I still like buying all 3 gold over time items on him, then either build trinity force or lichbane depending on if you want to be AP or not. Finish with frozenheart or if you built AP get Abysal Sceptar to round out your defenses, Zhonyas Hourglass if they are AD heavy.

His Ratios may not be high but he has a heal to support his team, so at the end of the day he is just a great champ.