AD Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sutiraika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

So, What do you think about Runes for physical damage dealing champions?

I think my AD rune page, which I use for Junglers, Ranged DPS's and Fighters is pretty balanced Between offense and Defense:
15 Armor penetration from Reds. (Pretty standard for champions who deal physical damage)
13 Armor from Yellows. (So I take less damage from minions and jungle monsters and I can trade hits in lane)
27 Magic Resistance @ 18 from Blues. (Because I won't need a lot of MR early game since my matchups are most likely AD, but I still need the MR so Mages can't burst me down)
7~ Flat AD from Quints (Flat AD because as a jungler I dont need a lot of ArPen, and It's easier to last hit with extra AD in lane)

I want to make a new rune page for my ranged DPS's with ArPen Quints instead of the Flat AD giving me 25 ArPen, but I want to keep everything else the same way. Is it good?

A guy who picked ashe told me to support him, I don't dislike supporting so I picked Janna. I like to check what runes people use so i checked his base stats and he had 11 armor. That means he has no armor from runes nor masteries at all. I told him to try armor runes on AD carries (when I play as a ranged DPS I almost always get kills in lane from people who doesn't have any armor but their base one, so that's why I was worried).
I told him "Hey you should try armor on AD carries :p" and he replied "Why would Ranged champions need armor? ****ing noob". They forced him to recall after we lost a trade, (Ashe + Janna vs Ashe + Fiddlesticks) while recalling he told me to "****ing do something". i replied "that's why you get armor runes..." and he replied again "Im ranged, duh? i dont need it". We lost the lane and then the game and he kept blaming me...

My question about this one is: Can you go with no defense if you are good enough? I'd like to do it

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

IMO, going with no defense is situational. Seals are for regeneration and defense, and they're most effective with those two attributes. Glyphs are for spells, and defense from them is a good bet.
In general, you're going to want to go somehow in defense with your seals. Armor, HP, and HP regen are all good ideas.
The best choice for Glyphs is MRes

"When would you go without defense?"
You might be someone who harasses with skills or will need them often. In that case, you might want to go with Mana Regen Seals or CDR Glyphs.
Those are the only alternatives I feel comfortable with. I don't like to go without defense with bot carries. There's no offensive runes for them that are good enough that they can be taken in non-primary positions.

Your page looks very solid. It's a page that'll work with pretty much any AD bot, balanced between offense and defense. You can trade shots and even dive past minions to take minion damage with minimal danger. Late game, you can fight without worrying that you'll get bursted instantly. Best of all, you already have most of the runes for the page you are considering.

I think the page you have right now is perfect.

Masteries are more flexible. You'll want to choose them based on your character and playstyle. You can focus on defense or offense, or even have a mix of both. (i.e. Caitlyn's ult is a finisher and it sucks when people run away at 2 health after your ult. Executioner in the offensive tree would be a good idea.)

Something Snazzy

04-20-2012

For ranged AD, I wouldn't recommend full pen marks + quints. The reason is that it is much easier to last hit with flat damage, especially under harass. I usually run about 2/3 armor pen marks with 1/3 flat damage and flat damage quints. This is particularly useful if you lane with someone who doesn't have a heal. Most people recommend starting boots + 3 pots when you don't have a heal. Ashe, for example, has 54 AD at level 1, even with 21 into offensive masteries. So the extra AD really helps.

As far as armor seals... I have played without them but only if I grab 21/9/0 for the extra 6 armor. Even then, I didn't really like it (though maybe if you laned with a Taric or had serious poke?).

Sutiraika

04-22-2012

Ok, thanks guys, i've tweaked my Rune Page, Replaced 3 ArPen Reds with Flat AD so it now gives me 10 of each.