Solo top champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corki InTheHouse

04-21-2012

Personally I love Volibear top maybe just not in the extremely early game

Kevbotron

04-21-2012

I've done AP Sion up top. The only issue with that becomes mana, so I have to change my build a little bit. But otherwise, he isn't bad. I usually don't push too much, but I can keep my lane solid with mid and bot are having fun.

Best thing ever-When I just get warmogs and I get a double kill nuke with my shield and stun combo, then use my ult to finish off the other guy. xD

coldrain

04-21-2012

Its all about shyvana too. She's a good
jungler but also really viable too lane

Vorcinator

04-21-2012

If you're doing ranked id imagine that a lot of the critiques you see about nasus would stand. However in regular play you normally do not run into too many people who will know to stop your q farm. In ranked you wouldnt be so lucky. But properly warding on your part will ease the grief of their jungler ganking you, and he will just waste time as you q farm at your tower. Again im only speculating I do not play ranked yet not until I have 500 wins under my belt.

OneShotDrop

04-21-2012

Someone finally said Volibear... thank god... I did ranked today, and went 7-0, with 2v1 on me. Jungler did help me a couple of times, but it was mostly me. I understand that he can get stuned/slowed/immobilized, you name it, but... he is insanly good if played well. Other then fact that he can be snared and stopped quite easly (unless your a genius like me), I don't see why alot of people don't play him :S, take it from me, hes a good pick for solo top.

Kraveee

04-21-2012

Vlad is a really fun character to play in general : D
Nice sustain, and great last hitter!

ImJustaTable

05-01-2012

I only solo top and I use 4 champions to do it:
Rumble
Renekton
Cho'Gath
Singed
All of who are tanky fighters.
Although, Singed can consume mana, but if you play him kinda safe and not spam his E, mana shouldn't be THAT huge of a drawback
Rumble has no mana, but can easily be countered with a silence (good think Garen is generally a bottom lane ^_^) Rumble can just punish those who try to rush him quickly.
Renekton is nice and tanky, has good sustain, simple and clean.
Cho'Gath can harass, and sustain lane for incredible periods of time with his passive "Carnivore" so if you run low on Mana/Health, just farm minions

Sorry, didn't mean to post an essay :3

noobAko

05-01-2012

garen top most of the time beats any ad melee top

HateDaddy

05-01-2012

Nasus, bro!

He's one of the most unappreciated champions in the game. His late game is ridiculously good. Sure, he's countered by a plethora of different champions but his life-steal gives him better sustain than most might imagine. If you go against champions who counter you hard early-game (renekton, riven and garen come to mind here), go cloth armor and 5 health potions and you'll find that farming your Q early game isn't so hard. As someone previously said, get your Q farmed up hard, and you drop towers like it's nothing.

However, he still has his down-sides early game. A smart solo top won't push their lane and even with wither, escaping a gank when your lane isn't pushed is tough with Nasus early game. You can only wither one of them, not both. And as Nasus doesn't go for kills at all early game, your opponent probably won't have lost much life while you probably will have. But still, as long as you avoid death and play away from the river side to give you a much better shot of escaping a gank, farming Q is as simple as walking in, last-hitting with it and walking out. If you can get to about +250 within the first 20 minutes and not die too many times (one or even two deaths isn't totally unacceptable), you can start harassing the other top back and they'll think twice about going after you when you drop spirit fire on them and Q them while they're in it. There's nothing fun about losing a good chunk of your health in one attack. :P

WhoopsiGoldburg

05-01-2012

Poppy mundo WW and jax are my favorites.