Give us a CLOCK!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dathadorne

04-20-2012

Hi Riot!
May we please have an in-game clock that shows local time? It'd be nice to have, like there is in WoW.

Example clock on the minimap (7) here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/how-to-play

Christy x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

I don't really see how this would benefit the game. I mean it's a nice add on but what does it really contribute? You can just alt-tab out to see the time on your own computer.

Dathadorne

04-20-2012

It let's me say to myself, "Holy **** it's 2:30am, this needs to be my last game." Yes, it's just a convenience, but a standard one in 2012.

DarkÇide

04-21-2012

I agree that adding a local time clock would be a improvement. Hard to make a case strong enough to insist on the change though even though I would personally appreciate it.

Hobbsgoblin

04-23-2012

Well I don't think this will or should happen.

Firstly I don't think it serves riot well to do this as a business. If you get lost in time playing their game that is a good thing for them. They might like keeping it that way.

Secondly, League isn't WoW where you can be questing then see that its X o'clock, say 'oh **** its late' and log off. More than a few times I've had people on my team leave or feed the enemy team because they "needed" the game to be over right then. A game usually lasts like 30-45 minutes and some times up to an hour so if you're going to need to be doing something else before a normal game time has passed then maybe you don't have the time to start a game in the first place.

j0mbie

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christyowns View Post
I don't really see how this would benefit the game. I mean it's a nice add on but what does it really contribute? You can just alt-tab out to see the time on your own computer.
The contribution would be that you don't have to alt-tab out of the game.

ThaZatzke

04-23-2012

Since League of Legends just happens 1 game at a time, it doesn't really make sense... Every time when you're done with a game you come to the launcher screen, where the time on your computer is in plain view. Realizing what time it is when you're actually IN a game won't help at all, because you've already started the game, and if you leave you'll be reported for being AFK/quitting anyways.

If, however, the game was always full-screen, and didn't have a definitive start/stopping point this would make sense. But since it does, there's really no point to an in-game clock.

Subzero AU

04-25-2012

Buy a logitech keyboard with it XD

alaskaneagle

04-26-2012

do you really want to slow down the game and make ping higher just because you are to lazy to pull your phone out of your pocket and look at it?