Stealth Remake/True Sight Evaluation. Thought Experimentation.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xurreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

In an effort to help move the Stealth Rework along, I have a legitimate question for you, Morello.

I know that the True Sight gem is a very new mechanic to the game, and it will be the first time any champion will have a feature that puts a particle on other players without first having effected them.

Keeping in mind our players with lower end systems and such...

Is it really necessary to inform the stealth player when they are not being seen and when they are being seen by use of a particle?

After the stealth rework is finished, it will be assumed that everyone IS an Oracle's Elixir, and that various champions will have different ranges they will be able to see Evelynn at (which i'm not in full understanding of the reasoning behind, it will appear to put some champs at a natural disadvantage, which may not receive a good reception by the LoL community).

I tend to think that just leaving the True Sight Gem out of the Stealth Rework would not only give the coming stealth a more realistic feel, but would also incite the stealth user to rely more on their wits than something they can actually see.

Currente meta with Oracle's Elixir is going to mirror what the True Sight Gem will bring to the game. However, wouldn't they player just be able to look at how close they are to another champion and determine (as it is with Oracle's Elixirs now) how far away they are from the champ?

If this is actually a Quality of life issue, then I have a suggestion.

Perhaps the stealthing player could just go through various stages of being rendered "solid/translucent" as they move near and through another champions field of view, leaving true sight wards as the only exception.

I havn't been to the PTR and I havn't seen the True Sight Gem in action, so there's no real way for me to evaluate its usefulness.

You, Morello, have the access and the resources to test it out. Do you think that this idea would make much sense and be easier for our colorblind patrons to grasp and get the hang of?

I'll wait to see what comes of Stealth. Thanks for your time.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

I feel like this "Translucent" feel would both be useless in super low elo and rediculously usefull in high elo. Those in low wouldn't get it, those in high would abuse it. The range of seeing is differing between Eve and Twitch. All champs "see" the same distance. The gem is mostly to help those using stealth know when they're getting close to the boundary of sight. Hope this helps clarify.

Xurreal

04-20-2012

Perhaps, but the idea of being solid when youre in direct view of a champion would simplify things if tweaked to do so.

It could easily go many ways, but probably simpler to do the outlining circles, as intended, as is done in Starcraft 2.