Dota 2 vs LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryptickcc

04-20-2012

Dota 2 Wins in graphics hands down.
League kinda wins with runes and masteries.

Dota takes more skill (you cants argue this)
League is more fast paced (imo)

Dota can be carried by 1 fed guy
League Its really hard if the rest of ur team is garbo

Dota will have to be bought
League is free.

Right now I like Dota 2 more because it looks better, and its something new. I like the new champs, (I did not play the first DoTa) and how you cant just back when ever if you dont have a scroll. The game is on a much higher skill lvl than league is by far. Last hits come at a whole new lvl compared to League, and Deny'ing is amazing in-lane.

Riot its time to upgrade some stuff, otherwise I wont be surprised to see alot of League players move on :/

Liquid Fox

04-20-2012

This is completely unbiased and a great review of the many differences between the two games.

Wait... no it's not. Gtfo.

Hal Jordan

04-20-2012

dota2 is gonna be like hat fortress 2 free, with a cosmetic shop, and a drop system.
and dota2 is nothing new, its a port of dota with shiny graphics.
people might leave, but they will be back soon, most wont like the curve in dota

TheMagicStik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

Dota does NOT take more skill, it has way less depth in gameplay than League and a bunch of archaic mechanics that League has fixed.

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

Different games shut the **** up

IS19e711f4829b93c9513d6

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToTarget View Post
Different games shut the **** up
Oh my god so much this

AugustDV

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicStik View Post
Dota does NOT take more skill, it has way less depth in gameplay than League and a bunch of archaic mechanics that League has fixed.
Nope.

Lord Arumen

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptickcc View Post
Dota 2 Wins in graphics hands down.
League kinda wins with runes and masteries.

Dota takes more skill (you cants argue this)
League is more fast paced (imo)

Dota can be carried by 1 fed guy
League Its really hard if the rest of ur team is garbo

Dota will have to be bought
League is free.

Right now I like Dota 2 more because it looks better, and its something new. I like the new champs, (I did not play the first DoTa) and how you cant just back when ever if you dont have a scroll. The game is on a much higher skill lvl than league is by far. Last hits come at a whole new lvl compared to League, and Deny'ing is amazing in-lane.

Riot its time to upgrade some stuff, otherwise I wont be surprised to see alot of League players move on :/
You can't make points and say they can't be argued.

Neither DotA or League are hard. Sorry. They are games. The challenge comes in the player skill and teamwork for both games. No, you can't carry a game by yourself in DotA you are dumb to think so. Unless the enemy team is total trash, which by those perimeters I could care a League game solo as well.

They are different games, stop comparing them.

Whizzard

04-20-2012

I like both quite a bit. In my opinion they are very different and comparing them to each other is kinda like comparing something like TF2 to Battle Field Bad Company 2. They are in the same genre, but they approach that genre in two very different ways. They are both definitively fun and i probably will end up picking a copy of Dota 2 comes out and my beta key expires, but im still going to be playing LoL primarily.

Eltherian

04-20-2012

DotA 2 also has the ****tier UI.