Ask the Thunder's Roar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Foolish summoner,

You should hope very dearly that we do not see each other on the fields. You would dislike the outcome.

((And I'm just going to ignore the last part. As far as I'm concerned, it never happened. There is no mark of light on Volibear's back. You just left.))

Geokhan,

Then my response remains the same. Even if the League isn't a little club any more.

-Volibear, the Thunder's Roar

I didn't think it would. I was just clarifying my statement. I know I am not the clearest communicator in this club.....not the worst either.....why doesn't that make me feel better....

ANYWAY,

Do the Ursine hunt some game that has pieces and parts the tribe can't use? I mean I know bladders are a no go zone, but as a weapons shop owner, I am looking for some exotic weapons and armor materials for use in the shop.

Ask Volibear

10-02-2012

((Dear Community:

As of late, I have not been an active poster, at least not under the Volibear persona. The fact that the last post I made prior to this one is three weeks old is evidence of that. I could come up with a whole stream of excuses as to why, regarding college and classes picking up, but such words ring hollow, and are not befitting of your time. They're also not entirely the truth. Classes are picking up, and college is a time devourer, but the truth is that, as of late, I'm finding it difficult to muster the energy to force myself into the mindset of the noble Ursine, and to tether myself to the Ask Community.

That's the problem, really. I just don't know if I wish to continue being a part of the Ask Community as a whole. There's an onerous aura surrounding a (once?) great group that, as of late, seems devoted to the philosophy of “If it's fun, who cares if it makes sense to lore.” I'm not calling anyone out, because that's not what this letter is for. What I'm doing is stating that, as someone who spent at least an hour examining the Ionian timeline to give one of my roleplayed characters a solid and well-defined, lore-friendly, background, some things just drive me up a wall.

When I toss in the almost-weekly squabbles, the infighting, and the name-calling, I find myself spending more time remembering, and wishing for a return of, the “good ol' days” then I do being hopeful for the future. And that's certainly not a good place to be, either for myself or for the community as a whole. What we need most as champions fall away and are replaced, hopefully by similarly skilled or even better roleplayers, is a group of people who are optimistic for the future and not dwelling in the past. Unfortunately, I can't, with complete certainty, say that I'm a part of that group any more. That is why I find myself compelled to write this at the present time.

Pending a 'hunt' of my own, as I attempt to discern whether or not I can obtain this fervor once more, a metaphorical trip up the mountain to commune with the storm, and barring some dramatic change, either in my mindset or in the community, I will likely be hanging up the mantle of Chieftain of the Ursine.

I'd say that I was writing this with a heavy heart, but that would be a lie. I find myself more at peace now than I have been in quite some time.

It's been one hell of a run, but all things must come to an end.

As Fate Decrees,

Volibear, the Thunder's Roar
Chieftain of the Ursine

PS: I will still be around the forums on my main account, whether I shed the Champion persona or not. If you do not know what my main account is and still wish to contact me, ask someone. I'm sure more than enough people have noticed my slip-ups, and I haven't exactly been secretive about who I really was.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Herald,

If you wish to include Volibear among the ranks of the available Champions, even before my period of contemplation has concluded, I will not fault you. We have far too many openings in our group as it is, and the sooner we can fill them with competent roleplayers, the better.

The Current Volibear Roleplayer

ᶜᵃᵛᵉᵃᵗ ᴱᵐᵖᵗᵒʳ ⁽ᴮᵘʸᵉʳ ᴮᵉʷᵃʳᵉ⁾, ᵒʳ ᴬ ᴹᵉˢˢᵃᵍᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᴺᵉˣᵗ ⱽᵒᶫᶦᵇᵉᵃʳ﹕ ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵁʳˢᶦᶰᵉ ᶜʰᶦᵉᶠᵗᵃᶦᶰ ᵃ ᶜᵘᵗᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᶜᵘᵈᵈᶫʸ ᵗᵉᵈᵈʸ ᵇᵉᵃʳ, ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵖᵘᵗ ʰᶦᵐ ᶦᶰᵗᵒ ᵃ ʳᵉᶫᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰˢʰᶦᵖ, ᵒʳ ᶦᶠ, ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ ᶠᵒʳᵇᶦᵈ, ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʰᶦᵐ ᵗᵒ ʲᵒᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᴰʳᵃᵛᵉᶰ ᴮʳᵒᵗʰᵉʳˢ' ᶜᶦʳᶜᵘˢ, ᴵ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᶠᶦᶰᵈ ʸᵒᵘ⋅ ᴬᶰᵈ ᴵ'ᶫᶫ ᶫᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦᶰᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʷᵒᵘᶫᵈ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉᶰ ᶰᵉˣᵗ⋅ ))

SandscourgeSkarn

10-02-2012

((While I cannot say I've known you well, or at all, you will be missed, for you are well-spoken and noble of mind.))

Dear Urgot

10-02-2012

{{ I didn't interact or roleplay with you all that much, but it's really saddening to see another great Ask Champ resigning. I hope life leads you to where you need/want to be, and Fortune smiles at you until your last breathe. }}

Civilized Rat

10-02-2012

Man this was the only great place left.

It's just getting worse and worse now that people are leaving. Can only hope for it all to stop.

Best of luck to you I guess.

Ask Volibear

10-02-2012

((As I explained, I'm not leaving for good. I'm just contemplating giving up Volibear (though my replacement is going to have to make his own smurf, because I'm keeping mine). I will still be around the fora, posting under my main. A main that Pantheon should be able to list here, if no one else can.

⋅ᶰᵒᶦᵛᶦᶫᵇᴼ ᵗʰᵍᶦʳᴮ ˢᶦ ᶰᶦᵃᵐ ʸᵐ 'ʷᵒᶰᵏ ᵒᵗ ᵗᶰᵃʷ ʸᶫᶫᵃᵉʳ ᵘᵒʸ ᶠᴵ ))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

((Dude....I will miss your Voli. You have always done some deep and some strong characters. Storm guide you.))

Vilinius

10-19-2012

I've had a lingering urge to occupy the Volibear character, but would like to talk with the current (or former) to ensure that someone who clearly put a lot of work into his craft doesn't see it go to waste because I've gone and contradicted him. That said, Volibear was unlucky in that he never really got the attention of the lore department, no JoJ appearances or Judgements (officially, though it's hard not to want to take the role of Renekton Bot's hungry bear), so there's pretty much an open canvas to work with, and I figure any culture with a chieftain and rituals has more depth than walking the tundra and fishing. Anyway, that's about it.

Bright Oblivion

10-19-2012

((Sure. As stated up there, I'm the former (It's safe to use former now) RPer. Though, I didn't particularly like Ren Bot's hungry bear (It just seemed out of place to me regarding someone of Volibear's status, and the princess bit was over the top), but it was better than the one that was all "Rawr. I'm a bear." or the one where he went after Anivia. Neither of those made a whole lot of sense at all. There was another one floating about the interwebs that I thought was extremely good and well written, but it's since disappeared as far as Google seems to care. A shame, really.

Anyways, LoL's a great way to reach me. If I'm online and not playing a resource drainer, LoL's typically up. I look forward to discussing our favorite armored bear in the future.))

Vilinius

10-19-2012

((I found it most entertaining after completely removing it from "reality". I mean, the lack of sentience alone made sure that we would never really meet the character. That said, I think that to some degree it reminded me that there's a delicate balance of sentient equal and hulking beast, which I think leaves a lot of room to play around with. I mean, the Ursine certainly don't appear to be building anything or painting any murals, and yet I'm sure that to some degree, however shaped by their culture, there's art and story, and all of the other things that come with civilized groupings. There was so much lore to be written....))