Can Maokai Mid Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vek17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Maokai playing mid does not sacrifice an AP carry for your team, its functionally the same as sending a galio mid but for a different purpose. Mid Maokai builds significant AP so he does alot of magic damage.

Sir Shm00py

04-20-2012

Yes it can be done. I personally have only done it a few times but the times i did, it went pretty well. This vid is proof it can be done pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODdcD3pj9ag

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

I dare say you'd still need to compensate in much the same way you would for Galio, who also gets significant AP and deals a lot of magic damage.

Jixson

Senior Recruiter

04-20-2012

It is not the best example, but last season Chu8 hit number 1 on the solo ladder, mostly as Solo Mid Maokai. It really does work. Sapling if need be can keep you from most of the mid harass, if you get a gank you have one of the best non ultimate initiations in the game.

You can send anyone mid, it is just the current meta that sends the AP Carry mid(this included Gragas by the way). Previously you sent the AD Carry mid, and before that it was something else I imagine(I started with ad mid). Heck, send Gangplank mid and you can outlive almost every champions burst and if you get caught, you have your oranges to get away.

November Anon

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteusmaxi View Post
It's normally a question you would ask before you go and do it successfully.
So if someone were to do AP Ashe successfully you'd be okay with them never asking if it's a good build and continuing blissfully unaware that AD Ashe is the generally acceptable (and far more efficient) Ashe build?

Okay.

Kazzamkablam

02-14-2013

Maokai mid is very viable at current meta, even more than on s2 meta.

Void Lantern

06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
Mid lane maokai is only viable if you dont have another champ that needs that lane. If you are forcing your squishy ap carry to go top against a fighter/tank with a strong gap closer, they will end up underleveled/undergeared. Its more about the matchups/team compositions.
Why would you downvote him, hes right...

drunkonpanda

06-15-2014

Why becro a thread thats 2 years old.

lolekxd70

06-16-2014

If u want to get RiotPoint look at this http://dogry.com/r/85374098 only what you have to do is invite your friends !

IS157998b24fe441b5c8f4c

06-16-2014

What you do if you do not know if a champion can mid lane is see if they are magic damage/AP based or sometimes melee attack damage champions. Another thing is counterpicks to the squishy carries you usually find in mid lane