Can Maokai Mid Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-19-2012

Of course I know he is a great jungler and an exceptional ganker but I just won a game when I was being Mid Lane Maokai because someone else took the jungle spot. I got the idea from this guide:

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6644

It's the jungle Maokai guide by doo0ooooooom and at the bottom of the guide is a mini guide for mid lane Maokai.

Is it a good idea for Maokai to mid lane if this ever happens again? ( Chat was down in the lobby so I couldn't tell Skarner that I wanted to jungle)

ShadowStormLOL

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesaura View Post
Of course I know he is a great jungler and an exceptional ganker but I just won a game when I was being Mid Lane Maokai because someone else took the jungle spot. I got the idea from this guide:

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6644

It's the jungle Maokai guide by doo0ooooooom and at the bottom of the guide is a mini guide for mid lane Maokai.

Is it a good idea for Maokai to mid lane if this ever happens again? ( Chat was down in the lobby so I couldn't tell Skarner that I wanted to jungle)
I suppose he could, though I'm not sure about some of his matchups. I feel like he might do better in top lane if the need arose.

Vek17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Mid Maokai is very strong agaisnt alot of mid champions

TwistWrist

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStormLOL View Post
I suppose he could, though I'm not sure about some of his matchups. I feel like he might do better in top lane if the need arose.
Actually, I think it is the opposite. Top lane tends to be tankier and build sustain. Top lane can reach a point where they can sustain through the harassment. Worse is the fact that sapling harassment will push the lane regardless of whether the harassment hit the enemy or not. Plus, Maokai has almost non-existent escapes. A gank when he invariably pushes the lane can be rather deadly.

On the other hand in mid, he can harass the enemy squishy all he wants. Mid lane is far easier to reset than top plus his bad escapes won't screw him over as much.

Vapeurs

04-19-2012

Mid lane maokai is only viable if you dont have another champ that needs that lane. If you are forcing your squishy ap carry to go top against a fighter/tank with a strong gap closer, they will end up underleveled/undergeared. Its more about the matchups/team compositions.

Aesaura

Recruiter

04-19-2012

Ah, so mid lane maokai is decent but not recommended, only to be used in dire situations xD thanks guys.

Gluteusmaxi

04-19-2012

So you won a game whilst being mid lane on a champion and then came in here and asked if that champion can mid lane?

TwistWrist

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteusmaxi View Post
So you won a game whilst being mid lane on a champion and then came in here and asked if that champion can mid lane?
What's wrong with that?

He wants feedback with people that might have more experience than him.

Gluteusmaxi

04-19-2012

It's normally a question you would ask before you go and do it successfully.

TwistWrist

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteusmaxi View Post
It's normally a question you would ask before you go and do it successfully.
Doesn't change the fact that what he did is proper and logical.