What is "Loss Prevented"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adezmar

04-19-2012

Looking at my match history, i have a game marked, "Loss Prevented" im pretty sure thats the game a guy was intentionally feeding and i reported, does that mean it dosent count as a loss because he did that?

MeltedWater

04-19-2012

I have one too, but I think it was a game where everyone was DCed due to maintenance? (1 AM Pacific time a couple nights ago). Maybe that's it.

Adezmar

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
I have one too, but I think it was a game where everyone was DCed due to maintenance? (1 AM Pacific time a couple nights ago). Maybe that's it.
Hmm, mine was from last night, and nobody d/ced i think. It was when a Teemo trolled and fed and admitted it in game and i reported and linked riot a video. I think its when someone is maybe proven to be feeding or trolling in game so the loss dosent count?

Adezmar

04-19-2012

Im actually pretty sure its that. Because it was the last game i played yesterday and i went 1/2/3 and we surrendered at 20 and i linked riot the video and went to sleep. It was the last game i played yesterday so it has to be.

MOTO SEVEN

04-19-2012

I believe its a surrender?

Adezmar

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VlazyBC View Post
I believe its a surrender?
Surrender is just a loss

Aesaura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-19-2012

I posted a thread about this and apparently, any losses or surrenders during the chat problems were counted as "Loss Prevented". I'm not 100% sure about this. I, however, am pretty sure that it isn't caused by trolls/feeders/reports because I had a Loss Prevented and no one in the game was doing said things. By the way, we surrendered

Gyronix

04-20-2012

It's when the client screwes up and players are lagging because of it. You don't have to notice it for it to happen, but since it disturbs the game, it's counted as a Loss Prevented. Meaning that the game does not count as a Lost in your statistics.

BP Jester

04-20-2012

At times when there are server issues Riot will implement what they call compensation mode. During compensation mode any losses you incur wont count as losses and you won't lose any elo.

MeltedWater

04-20-2012

If you leave a game, and don't come back, is that considered a loss or is it just not anything? Because that would've been the case when I dced because of the maint the other night. I assumed the "loss prevented" was that (and maybe it was, but maybe it can be other things too).