Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali vs. Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImagineLlamas

04-19-2012

So my cousin and I have been having a debate about how this lane would work out. We're both avid Akali players, but I believe that Kennen has the advantage in this lane. She thinks that Akali would stomp Kennen in lane. We've both been in these lanes before and won our lanes with Akali, but I still believe that Kennen should win theoretically. He can lightning rush away if Akali attempts to burst him down, and he can also find her in the shroud using his stuns. I also think Kennen has the advantage of an AoE ult if Akali attempts to shroud herself. I think I'm wrong, but I'd like to specifically know why.

P.S
Here's a picture that my cousin drew. I'm Katarina, my main.

And no, this is not my main account, my main account is NinjaLlamas.

Edit: Akali seems to be the winner of this lane. So the real question is, how to win your lane as Kennen ?

ZOOKlE

04-19-2012

equally skilled, i'd expect akali to win

i refuse to explain myself

99 STR SON

04-19-2012

1v1 and find out

ImagineLlamas

04-19-2012

Yeah, so far I've won that lane with Akali but like, shouldnt Kennen win? Lightning rush, stun is scary.

Applum

04-19-2012

kennen wins pre-6, post 6 akali can do some crazy stuff. you can still poke her down and ult/go all in if she dashes to you. also depends if it's mid/top

churahm

04-19-2012

the problem is if kennen cannot kill akali during his ult and stuns, like if she gets to about 60 hp and survives, she's going to burst him in like 2 seconds.

When akali gets level 6, it's really easy to jump Q-R kennen for almost half is hp.

Battleship Kongo

04-19-2012

Equally skilled, the lane is a stalemate. However, under most circumstances I find Akali wins since she can force Kennen out of lane before he gets revolver and she proceeds to deny him.

suckychildren

04-19-2012

Ideally the Kennen would poke the Akali down pre-6, and make it so she can't pursue a head-on engagement with her ult without serious risk of dying. Post 6 would be all about kiting and ranged Q farm on the Kennen's part, because winning this lane really means denying the Akali kills, both through passive play and discouraging roaming.

Holy Malevolence

04-19-2012

Kennen has to wreck her before six to come out on top.
If he doesn't, she's going to murder him.

CountNoob

04-19-2012

Well Akali wins if you can bait kennen into ulting and then akali ults away from his ult and destroy kennen if akali dodges the stars.